Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
valoaa

HMS Daring Gun error...

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[PEZ]
Players
147 posts
10,963 battles

So in the testing period the HMS Daring had 114mm guns.

 

Now she is released the game says 113mm guns.

 

But the ship description still says 114mm guns.

 

Whats up with that?

 

Check screenshot below.

 

Inkedshot-18_10.21_21_29.02-0224_LI.thumb.jpg.ce7c5de29f9c68ad0029aeec07b7e091.jpg
 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF]
Players
1,830 posts
29,744 battles
4 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

1mm?

 1mm can make a big difference, just ask your loved one :Smile_hiding:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
5,485 posts
2,939 battles

Well, if I'm not mistaken, historically Daring guns had a bore diameter of 4.45", which makes precisely 113.03mm.

Now what did WG do in their game, that, no-one cal tell except a WG employee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
664 posts
18,269 battles
35 minutes ago, LastButterfly said:

Well, if I'm not mistaken, historically Daring guns had a bore diameter of 4.45", which makes precisely 113.03mm.

Now what did WG do in their game, that, no-one cal tell except a WG employee.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QF_4.5-inch_Mk_I_–_V_naval_gun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Daring_(D05)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-TPF-]
Players
5,516 posts
22,459 battles
1 hour ago, Cyclops_ said:

1mm can make a big difference, just ask your loved one :Smile_hiding:

I did. They said they remember you and it that was cute you still believed it. :fish_palm:

 

But seriously, they're trying to render Imperial measurements in metric. It's not an exact science. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,588 posts
1 hour ago, Cyclops_ said:

 1mm can make a big difference, just ask your loved one :Smile_hiding:

Talking from experience, are you? :Smile_teethhappy:

 

1 hour ago, valoaa said:

So in the testing period the HMS Daring had 114mm guns.

Now she is released the game says 113mm guns.

But the ship description still says 114mm guns.

Whats up with that?

Check screenshot below.

Probably posting in "Bugs" section would be better idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,806 posts
7,417 battles

Much better source for this sort of stuff than Wiki ..... http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/WNBR_45-45_mk5.php

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×