Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
havaduck

Sunray Hard Mode - whats the difference exactly?

47 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
2,663 posts
9,565 battles

So atm you can only select it in or 4 or + divisions and only the hard mode.

We did play it yesterday and nobody was able to point to any difference from our limited recollection.

We 4 stared on first and 5 stared on second attempt with 6 players .........again, seemed just like the ops from last year? But ofc with the Filth looking way improved and some overall art improvement I can actually appreciate.

• Cool 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,768 posts
14,145 battles

Maybe it's the same but now the normal Sunray is easier?

I mean we've had plenty of complaints about some current operations being too difficult for the average player, so the easiest way to introduce hard mode is to simply use the current iterations as that and make the normal ones easier.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,379 posts

I played it two times yesterday and in both runs the transport didn't go straight away from the portal, but took a "curved" route, sometimes nearly heading back to the portal...

[TTT]
Players
3,909 posts
7,767 battles

played a few as well, did feel like a nice challenge but it's been too long since we had that last year that I could be certain about what the differences were (or whether there were any in the first place)... Will become much easier to judge towards the end of the week when we get the normal mode back so we can compare directly I guess

[CATS]
Players
15,239 posts
11,004 battles

Maybe the enemy ships heal more when in "Filth"?

Had the feeling that Gorgon is nearly unkillable unless you ram her.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,663 posts
9,565 battles
12 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Maybe it's the same but now the normal Sunray is easier?

I mean we've had plenty of complaints about some current operations being too difficult for the average player, so the easiest way to introduce hard mode is to simply use the current iterations as that and make the normal ones easier.

Yeah thats sounds awfully reasonable. The true hard mode anyway is alone with some sub-bot tardattoes ........

2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I think that was the same the last year. Gorgon outhealed 4 fires back then. You need it to be flooding + burning AND pour shells into her to overcome the heal ......... or you just ram her.

The only thing particular I remember was the attack on the first tower: It was 2 waves instead of 1 previously ............ maybe? Dunno.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,996 posts
On 10/21/2018 at 8:25 PM, havaduck said:

I think that was the same the last year. Gorgon outhealed 4 fires back then. You need it to be flooding + burning AND pour shells into her to overcome the heal ......... or you just ram her.

Was much easier to kill last Halloween. In this iteration it is possible to farm 2 mil damage on this guy.

Last year died around 1 mil.

I think Transylvania staying in Filth is regular occurrence now. It hasn't been like that for what I remember.

• Cool 2

Players
1,586 posts
6,372 battles
7 minutes ago, FukushuNL said:

Shouldn't that mission be locked until the 25th?

Only the normal mode, Hardmode is behind the division wall the whole event

Weekend Tester
802 posts
5,380 battles

My clan div completed sunray hard mode several times 2x 5* and once 3*. It wasn't hard exactly, except Gorgon had massive heal pool to kill. Nothing big differences from normal and hard didn't notice.

[NWP]
Players
3,899 posts
6,026 battles
5 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I agree with this. We played several games, and only ramming seems to truely work. Even the last round constant ramming and 4 eclipses from me were barely enough to kill it :cap_wander:

5 hours ago, havaduck said:

Nope, it was doable back then. This time? I dont think so.

Spoiler

shot-17_11.08_22_18.24-0835.thumb.jpg.aceb8d2f1df239f50978e0f3815b58ff.jpgshot-17_11.08_22_17.26-0363.thumb.jpg.9db2f58ec9b6dc7d453c10867346c7f8.jpg

I do feel, the BaseXP is a joke however this year?

Today we had 2x5 star + 1x4 star run, and the best was like 2,4k XP. I mean, hardmode? More XP plz?

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,187 posts
5,457 battles
11 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Maybe the enemy ships heal more when in "Filth"?

we are 5 starring with 5 people right and left since the start.

1 BB 1 DD 1CV and 2 CAs..

Gorgon is completely killable with 1 DDs torps..

I sit with her at all times, that way I can keep all the planes away from my team, dodging that much of torpedo bombers can be tricky but she drops from faar away and with engine boost, you'll get used to it.

BB rams the rasputin, and some others who get highly close to a tower,

CV protect towers and heal globally...

CAs cycle radars and DMP the crap out of them..

The last one from last night, we did for a couple clan members,

I did 1.8mil damage on gorgon before killing her.. It is so nice to play with her :)

remember, she never use DCP and she does not have emergency take off..

So get close to her, torp her, burn her.. keep yourself close.. your own heal in a DD is more than enough for you to say both in filth, burning, and under secondary fire.

If you ask me, the most tricky part of that scenario is saving the second tower :)

They always come very close to destructing it..

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
2,808 posts
7,490 battles

Way too hard for randoms (if the hard mode will ever be available to randoms). The spawns of Rasputin and Gorgon kinda decide the outcome.

Players
341 posts
823 battles

Quick question, what happens when you ram the gorgan while the shield is up? Does he survive the ram or something weird happens?

[TEACH]
Alpha Tester
2,340 posts
9,196 battles

I'd love to try it but the stupid notion WG have of forcing divisions means I'm struggling to find a game.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,113 battles

Did twice with my clan and both times 5 stars. Haven't noticed anything different. Maybe bots are smarter? Idk.

[NED]
Players
4,281 posts
11,774 battles
2 hours ago, howardxu_23 said:

Quick question, what happens when you ram the gorgan while the shield is up? Does he survive the ram or something weird happens?

Tried that yesterday. It's working great. Had a total dmg of 950... It doesn't wreck it outright but it's shaving off its health very quickly while I was invulnerable. We didn't manage 5 stars though: the protection of the transport ship was our "Achilles heel."

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
314 posts
9,639 battles

Took gorgon down as last man standing in the Chapa, all the fires, pulled alongside, torped her and switched to AP and went for reload boosted citadels

Players
1,271 posts
9,653 battles
Vor 5 Stunden, nambr9 sagte:

Way too hard for randoms (if the hard mode will ever be available to randoms).

Five-starred it two or three times with random divisions over the weekend(!), one time with an account that didn't even have enough credits to fully upgrade the ship. (Also we had a Turkish player who didn't even speak English.)

Incidentally, is there a way to make Transsylvania go faster?

[SCRUB]
Players
2,808 posts
7,490 battles
6 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Five-starred it two or three times with random divisions over the weekend(!), one time with an account that didn't even have enough credits to fully upgrade the ship. (Also we had a Turkish player who didn't even speak English.)

Incidentally, is there a way to make Transsylvania go faster?

Apparently we are bigger scrubs than I realized .... Ive heard people 5* the ops in div with 2 dogs, a cat and a cursing parrot.

But I do think we are not talking about the same scenario ...

Players
2,555 posts
6,916 battles
5 hours ago, Excavatus said:

we are 5 starring with 5 people right and left since the start.

1 BB 1 DD 1CV and 2 CAs..

Gorgon is completely killable with 1 DDs torps..

I sit with her at all times, that way I can keep all the planes away from my team, dodging that much of torpedo bombers can be tricky but she drops from faar away and with engine boost, you'll get used to it.

BB rams the rasputin, and some others who get highly close to a tower,

CV protect towers and heal globally...

CAs cycle radars and DMP the crap out of them..

The last one from last night, we did for a couple clan members,

I did 1.8mil damage on gorgon before killing her.. It is so nice to play with her :)

remember, she never use DCP and she does not have emergency take off..

So get close to her, torp her, burn her.. keep yourself close.. your own heal in a DD is more than enough for you to say both in filth, burning, and under secondary fire.

If you ask me, the most tricky part of that scenario is saving the second tower :)

They always come very close to destructing it..

This is exactly what I do! Urashima! :fish_cute_2:

I do have troubles keeping Gorgon burning though. My best game so far was close to 1.6m damage. I did manage to kill both bosses though, maybe could've kept Gorgon alive to farm more damage :fish_haloween:

Even if I don't kill Gorgon, I keep the planes occupied so my team can do the rest :Smile_great:

Yes, if this were a separate game I'd buy it! They should keep this ops available permanently! :Smile_izmena:

11 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

I agree with this. We played several games, and only ramming seems to truely work. Even the last round constant ramming and 4 eclipses from me were barely enough to kill it :cap_wander:

Nope, it was doable back then. This time? I dont think so.

Hide contents

shot-17_11.08_22_18.24-0835.thumb.jpg.aceb8d2f1df239f50978e0f3815b58ff.jpgshot-17_11.08_22_17.26-0363.thumb.jpg.9db2f58ec9b6dc7d453c10867346c7f8.jpg

I do feel, the BaseXP is a joke however this year?

Today we had 2x5 star + 1x4 star run, and the best was like 2,4k XP. I mean, hardmode? More XP plz?

Base xp feels like totally inadequate, particularly for the weekly now.

A friend of mine stopt playing this ops after 5-starring it due to the lackluster rewards, despite the fact he hasn't gotten a 19pt captain yet and this will be his best opportunity to farm ecxp.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,187 posts
5,457 battles
2 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

This is exactly what I do! Urashima! :fish_cute_2:

Since my best line is the IJN DDs,

Giving a 1s reload booster, self healing, 45 second torp reload kagero to me is like proposing to me :)

I said.. YES YES YES YES!

and that speed booster... omg.. going from 0 to 38 in around 2 seconds..

with 4km detectability.. I would really like to have that kagero in randoms!! :P

On another note, I think WG created that scenario to feed our inner arcade monster.

With enormous damage numbers, hit numbers, fantastic heals..

It feels like an arcade Japanese game...

But on the side note, I would not recommend anyone to go do it with random people..

You need to be coordinating.. you need to be playing as a team..

If you play like that, the difficulty is around angry birds level..

If people play like randoms.. you are at the last boss of Deamon Souls... (prequel of Darksouls frenchise)

• Cool 1

Players
2,555 posts
6,916 battles
21 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

Since my best line is the IJN DDs,

Giving a 1s reload booster, self healing, 45 second torp reload kagero to me is like proposing to me :)

I said.. YES YES YES YES!

and that speed booster... omg.. going from 0 to 38 in around 2 seconds..

with 4km detectability.. I would really like to have that kagero in randoms!! :P

On another note, I think WG created that scenario to feed our inner arcade monster.

With enormous damage numbers, hit numbers, fantastic heals..

It feels like an arcade Japanese game...

But on the side note, I would not recommend anyone to go do it with random people..

You need to be coordinating.. you need to be playing as a team..

If you play like that, the difficulty is around angry birds level..

If people play like randoms.. you are at the last boss of Deamon Souls... (prequel of Darksouls frenchise)

I think that if there's at least some members doing the normal mode and practiced a lot in this hard mode, it should be doable to at least get a win (No guarantees though, but I hope so so I can maximise playing this ops without defeat after defeat due to braindeadz :Smile-_tongue:)

I LOVE playing this ops, and my #1 pick always is Urashima, been waiting for to playing this ship again a full year (yes I'm sad :Smile_hiding:).

It's the best experience, being in that toxic smoke with that eerie howlong-like background sound, searching for enemies which are plentyfull (RPF is really good skill for in there I think), I could play scenarios like this ALL DAY EVERY DAY! :Smile_playing:

Much more fun then randoms :crab:

Sign in to follow this