You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
black_falcon120

Does anyone have any advice for which premium to buy?

157 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
453 posts
1,773 battles

Hi Guys, 

I got a get a 200% of the dubloon value of any purchase coupon from WG. 

I am thinking about using it to get a cheap T8 premium buy getting triple doubloons.  I was thinking about getting the Alabama for 12k (costing about £13), but I am unsure if this is a good ship as I am not very good at the game.  I think it might be a fairly simple ship to play and have fun with while making a load of dubloons. 

I have been enjoying playing the Bismarck as a sniper (EDIT: I only play the Bismarck because I got it in the marathon and I can't work out how to get close) and with the Cleveland. I have the Sims, which I enjoyed in the beta, but the nerf it received rendered it close to unplayable for me, and combined with an IS6 purchase in WoT which was also nerfed hard by the mm, I am slightly scared of spending too much on WG games.  

I can usually get about 50k damage in about 60% of my games as the Bismarck.  For those interested, my profile is here: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/527707464-black_falcon120/!/pvp/overview/

I generally don't fit any modules, (non economic) flags, camouflage or captain skills as I generally just like to play the game without worrying too much. 

Does anyone have any other premium ships you can buy with doubloons which are better than the Alabama? or is she a good ship to start with? 

• Funny 3

Players
3,711 posts
5,988 battles
15 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

I generally don't fit any modules, (non economic) flags, camouflage or captain skills as I generally just like to play the game without worrying too much. 

I generally like to role my head over my keyboard as I generally just like to hear the sound of my keys clicking without worrying too much.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 14
  • Boring 1

Players
1,735 posts
9,399 battles
18 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

I am thinking about using it to get a cheap T8 premium

Wouldn't recommend. Tier 8 is broken and gets uptiered an extreme amount. Unless you really don't mind that, then it can be good cause more XP & credits.

If you desperately only want a BB, I'd recommend scharnhorst.

20 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

I have been enjoying playing the Bismarck as a sniper

wut?

• Cool 5

[GURKA]
[GURKA]
Players
2,176 posts
6,467 battles
23 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Hi Guys, 

I am thinking about using it to get a cheap T8 premium buy getting triple doubloons.  I was thinking about getting the Alabama for 12k (costing about £13), but I am unsure if this is a good ship as I am not very good at the game.  I think it might be a fairly simple ship to play and have fun with while making a load of dubloons. 

I have been enjoying playing the Bismarck as a sniper and with the Cleveland. I have the Sims, which I enjoyed in the beta, but the nerf it received rendered it close to unplayable for me, and combined with an IS6 purchase in WoT which was also nerfed hard by the mm, I am slightly scared of spending too much on WG games.  

I can usually get about 50k damage in about 60% of my games as the Bismarck.  For those interested, my profile is here: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/community/accounts/527707464-black_falcon120/!/pvp/overview/

Does anyone have any other premium ships you can buy with doubloons which are better than the Alabama? or is she a good ship to start with? 

Tirpitz is like a Bismarck with weaker aa, no Hydro but Torpedos. Scharnhorst is a bit like a Gneisenau. But there are many good Ships, depends on what you want or need. Beside the Alabama is the Massachusetts, which has good secondaries

Beta Tester
453 posts
1,773 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

Wouldn't recommend. Tier 8 is broken and gets uptiered an extreme amount. Unless you really don't mind that, then it can be good cause more XP & credits.

wut?

I just want something to make credits with tbh...  I am doing ok at T8 with my Bismarck and my Cleveland.  The only reason I use the Bismarck as a sniper was because I did that mission marathon to unlock the camouflage and the Bismarck, and I can't work out how to get close enough to benefit from its secondaries. 

5 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I generally like to role my head over my keyboard as I generally just like to hear the sound of my keys clicking without worrying too much.

I sort of like playing without deciding on an expensive build on a ship as I don't want to run out of silver.  If I get a t8 premium, I won't have to worry as much. 

Modder
3,989 posts
7,098 battles
5 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

The Scharmhorst is indeed a solid choice as a premium ship.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
2,997 posts
12,293 battles

How about Ishisushi (don't mind the spelling)? Tier 4 IJN bb. Or Warspite at tier 6? Scharnhorst is ofc nice too.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
3,899 posts
6,026 battles

Im torn between what i actually should write here...

A bit of being Angry/Mad/Sad, because im just baffled by some things you say.

17 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Like this. You do know you are playing with 11 other HUMANS in your team, which rely on your performance aswell? You are basicly sabotaging their free time by deliberately choosing to play suboptimal. I just think this isnt right.

21 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

I am not very good at the game

You could ask for help, here are a lot of ppl who are willing to help if you seek advice. Overall you should have more fun playing the game, when you are getting better results (dealing more damage, being better than your enemies, winning more often).

23 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

There is not really a thing which can define being a "better" ship. It depends on what you like to play. Imo i wouldnt go for T8 ships, as Saiyko said they get uptiered very often. Maybe you should go for a couple of low/midtier Premiums.

Hightiers DEFINETELY arent good to start with, thats why you usually have to progress through the tiers first :Smile-_tongue:

Scharnhorst definetely has better MM and is more retard proof compared to Alabama.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
Players
3,909 posts
7,767 battles
1 minute ago, black_falcon120 said:

I am doing ok at T8 with my Bismarck and my Cleveland. 

no you're not. You're really really really not.

Stay away from T8 until you actually know what you're doing - much better for you, your income and all of your teammates.

Scharnhorst is a decent suggestion, if you can grow the balls to not be a sniping BB.

• Cool 4

Beta Tester
453 posts
1,773 battles
3 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

How about Ishisushi (don't mind the spelling)? Tier 4 IJN bb. Or Warspite at tier 6? Scharnhorst is ofc nice too.

I would think about this, but due to the coupon WG gave me, there isn't much cost difference between all of them, so I was thinking of going all in once, so I didn't have to buy another one later.  Is it similar to WoT where there is a massive jump in earnings at T8? 

3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Im torn between what i actually should write here...

A bit of being Angry/Mad/Sad, because im just baffled by some things you say.

Like this. You do know you are playing with 11 other HUMANS in your team, which rely on your performance aswell? You are basicly sabotaging their free time by deliberately choosing to play suboptimal. I just think this isnt right.

You could ask for help, here are a lot of ppl who are willing to help if you seek advice. Overall you should have more fun playing the game, when you are getting better results (dealing more damage, being better than your enemies, winning more often).

There is not really a thing which can define being a "better" ship. It depends on what you like to play. Imo i wouldnt go for T8 ships, as Saiyko said they get uptiered very often. Maybe you should go for a couple of low/midtier Premiums.

Hightiers DEFINETELY arent good to start with, thats why you usually have to progress through the tiers first :Smile-_tongue:

Scharnhorst definetely has better MM and is more retard proof compared to Alabama.

Sorry, but I can't work out how to break up your quote. 

Just to clarify, I do pick up the upgraded hulls etc, just not the 'advanced steering gears 1' etc.  It's partly I can't afford to pay for all the demounts, my line is if WG didn't want people to do this, they shouldn't have paywalled them. I am trying to improve, by watching jingles and seeing how he advises, so I have a good handle on HE vs AP and not showing your broadside. 

1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

no you're not. You're really really really not.

Stay away from T8 until you actually know what you're doing - much better for you, your income and all of your teammates.

Scharnhorst is a decent suggestion, if you can grow the balls to not be a sniping BB.

I do seem to be having quite a bit of success with my Cleveland and my Bismarck does seem to be doing ok but I keep being murdered by RNG as my shells keep straddling targets.  As I said above in WoT t8s have such higher earning potential, I thought it would be worth a couple of extra pounds? 

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,113 battles
41 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Stopped reading there and my answer is don't buy anything. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5

[DREAD]
Players
5,662 posts
5,188 battles
50 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Hi Guys, 

I have been enjoying playing the Bismarck as a sniper and with the Cleveland. I have the Sims, which I enjoyed in the beta, but the nerf it received rendered it close to unplayable for me, and combined with an IS6 purchase in WoT which was also nerfed hard by the mm, I am slightly scared of spending too much on WG games.  

Not sure if he’s serious .... :-)

• Cool 3

Players
217 posts
5,053 battles

Best bang for your buck is Scharnhorst its also most fun and MM is mostly very good,  tier 8 Tirp or Kii, yeah the Alabama or Massachusettes, tier 8 MM is tough tho

[SCRUB]
Players
2,808 posts
7,490 battles
2 hours ago, black_falcon120 said:

Im sorry ... what?

giphy.gif

[UNICS]
Players
2,997 posts
12,293 battles
16 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Just to clarify, I do pick up the upgraded hulls etc, just not the 'advanced steering gears 1' etc.  It's partly I can't afford to pay for all the demounts, my line is if WG didn't want people to do this, they shouldn't have paywalled them. I am trying to improve, by watching jingles and seeing how he advises, so I have a good handle on HE vs AP and not showing your broadside.

I think you're better off in tier 7 at most to be honest. As stated earlier, tier 8s are in a bad place mm-wise.

Also you can demount modules using in-game credits. There's no paywall for this.

You already have Tirpitz as a premium in tier 8, don't you? That ship should tell you enough of the earnings in that tier.

Beta Tester
453 posts
1,773 battles
Just now, Ronchabale said:

Best bang for your buck is Scharnhorst its also most fun 

I just saw the jingles review of it, it looked like it was a cruiser munching BB which couldn't do much about battleships or destroyers, what's its earning potential like given I don't run a premium account? 

[-TXG-]
Players
2,391 posts
16 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

I do seem to be having quite a bit of success with my Cleveland and my Bismarck does seem to be doing ok but I keep being murdered by RNG as my shells keep straddling targets.  As I said above in WoT t8s have such higher earning potential, I thought it would be worth a couple of extra pounds? 

Not using flags, modules. captain skills and camo then you deserve all you get. How can you moan about RNG when you are not using advantages to make you play better.  

And...you are NOT having success with your Bismark and Cleveland as is said above. 

Please, please, please be on the enemy team when I come across you in battle. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 3

[NWP]
Players
3,899 posts
6,026 battles
4 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

Yes, i understood the part about modules. But the others definetely are helping your performance aswell. If you dont have enough credits, then it usually means you are rushing too far ahead in the tiers. There is nothing wrong with playing lowertiers. If you play good there, you can also earn enough credits. Probably as much as playing badly on hightiers.

Personaly, i dont like Jingles. I think he isnt really a good player. But sure you can learn something from him.

4 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

See, here i just have to bluntly say that you arent. Bismarck doesnt work as a Sniper, it has inheritly bad Dispersion. If you get a good salvo at longrange, then you were being lucky.

Bismarck works best when you can get ~12-14kms. The Concealment module (which you probably dont use) would help you, since you can get closer and flee more easily because enemies wont detect you as easy.

If you are low on credits, the best way would be to get better overall. Then you will earn more credits. While it is true, that hightier Premium ships can earn more credits, you will still earn more credits when you are playing good in every game :Smile_smile:

You might want to enable replays (if you havent already) and post a couple of them here. Then ppl can actively give you advice on what you should do and where you probably did a mistake.

• Cool 1

Players
430 posts
4,209 battles
40 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Dude, I LOLed so hard I crapped myself!                                    Good thing I was sitting on the toilet at the time...

• Funny 2

Players
1,679 posts
6,604 battles
1 hour ago, black_falcon120 said:

I have been enjoying playing the Bismarck as a sniper and with the Cleveland.

Sorry but totally switch off after that comment and felt a little bit of sick in my mouth.

Please don't buy any premiums until you learn the game. 

He's gotta be trolling right? RIGHT?...:cap_haloween:

Beta Tester
453 posts
1,773 battles
4 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I think you're better off in tier 7 at most to be honest. As stated earlier, tier 8s are in a bad place mm-wise.

Also you can demount modules using in-game credits. There's no paywall for this.

It's just I wanted a credit maker to pay for modules and farming the daily containers. I thought T8s produced a lot more credits for not much more cost especially given the coupon WG gave me. 

Ah sorry, it must have changed from the beta.  

4 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Not using flags, modules. captain skills and camo then you deserve all you get. How can you moan about RNG when you are not using advantages to make you play better.  

And...you are NOT having success with your Bismark and Cleveland as is said above. 

Please, please, please be on the enemy team when I come across you in battle. :Smile_facepalm:

1 minute ago, DFens_666 said:

Yes, i understood the part about modules. But the others definetely are helping your performance aswell. If you dont have enough credits, then it usually means you are rushing too far ahead in the tiers. There is nothing wrong with playing lowertiers. If you play good there, you can also earn enough credits. Probably as much as playing badly on hightiers.

Personaly, i dont like Jingles. I think he isnt really a good player. But sure you can learn something from him.

See, here i just have to bluntly say that you arent. Bismarck doesnt work as a Sniper, it has inheritly bad Dispersion. If you get a good salvo at longrange, then you were being lucky.

Bismarck works best when you can get ~12-14kms. The Concealment module (which you probably dont use) would help you, since you can get closer and flee more easily because enemies wont detect you as easy.

If you are low on credits, the best way would be to get better overall. Then you will earn more credits. While it is true, that hightier Premium ships can earn more credits, you will still earn more credits when you are playing good in every game :Smile_smile:

You might want to enable replays (if you havent already) and post a couple of them here. Then ppl can actively give you advice on what you should do and where you probably did a mistake.

I've usually been shooting at around 16km but ok, as I have the permanent camo from the event, I've been using it to farm xp up to T10, as It was where I thought the most fun was, maybe I should slow down a bit. I've got the Texas, Tachibana and the Sims already, so I don't really need more low tier premiums, I thought a T8 would make credit farming easier.  

How much does the Schanhorst make, and also how do I enable replays?   

[TTT]
Players
3,909 posts
7,767 battles
19 minutes ago, black_falcon120 said:

I just saw the jingles review of it, it looked like it was a cruiser munching BB which couldn't do much about battleships or destroyers, what's its earning potential like given I don't run a premium account? 

best thing you can do for your income is to spend those dubloons on a premium account anyway - half a year of premium will do sooooooo much more for you than a T8 premium that you'd get abysmal results in anyway because you simply dont ahve the experience to handle it yet. Income scales much more with how well you do than with what the ship is. So, get premium account, and go back and start a few other lines so you can get better at the game without getting completely destroyed by T10s all the time.

• Cool 4

[UNICS]
Players
2,997 posts
12,293 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

best thing you can do for your income is to spend those dubloons on a premium account anyway - half a year of premium will do sooooooo much more for you than a T8 premium

I think this is the best thing you can do, if you intend on playing the game for a while.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
453 posts
1,773 battles
Just now, loppantorkel said:

I think this is the best thing you can do, if you intend on playing the game for a while.

2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

best thing you can do for your income is to spend those dubloons on a premium account anyway - half a year of premium will do sooooooo much more for you than a T8 premium that you'd get abysmal results in anyway because you simply dont ahve the experience to handle it yet. Income scales much more with how well you do than with what the ship is. So, get premium account, and go back and start a few other lines so you can get better at the game without getting completely destroyed by T10s all the time.

I don't play intensively enough though... 

I'm looking into posting a replay in a few minutes. 

[-FC-]
Players
241 posts
9,406 battles

Buddy - heed the advice above.  Buy the Warspite - tier 6 is so much more forgiving, she hits hard, and if you can get games of 50 to 100k, preferably towards the latter, then you will make plenty of credits.  Have a quick read of reddit to check what modules you need - once you have a premium ship, it is simply unforgivable not to tool her up, and a few basic choices will make you SO much more effective in game.