Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Migantium_Mashum

Halloween Mission a "How To" guide.

12 comments in this topic

Players
1,065 posts
8,541 battles

After several fruitless games I took over the running of a game to see if my ideas would work.. and boy how they did.

At the start ensure the dd knows he has to smoke the Transylvania when she is being hit and have 1 BB either side of Transylvania to absorb the hits, close enough to be a shield and far enough not to stop her....

The Cruisers sit behind the BB's. BB's use only AP against the onshore targets and fire dead centre of the wooden frames in this way you can delete them from a single salvo.

Stay close in the green circle at all times and target sectors of fire from your position.. Stay always in formation....

When Rasputin comes if you have a surplus BB he goes head on for the ram whilst shooting.. Rasputin turns to avoid the collision and is easily killed as it will not allow the ram.. This way you keep him from the circle.

We got 4 stars because the DD just got too close when smoking near the entry of Rasputin and caused Transylvania to stop Transylvania never lost more than 1/4 health through the whole fight...

In Port my Karma is 5 points higher.. so I guess the team was happy.

Screenshot (387).png

Screenshot (388).png

Screenshot (389).png

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
15,380 posts
11,042 battles

Extra Hint:

Do not enter her circle at the start. Wait for the team to get a headstart. Then ONE ship enters and stays with her.

• Cool 2

Players
351 posts
836 battles

I also noted that the entire midsection of rasputian is basically one enormous citidel hitbox, but sinc it’s a bb, that can only really be exploited by the jackel bb.

Players
1,065 posts
8,541 battles
13 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

I also noted that the entire midsection of rasputian is basically one enormous citidel hitbox, but sinc it’s a bb, that can only really be exploited by the jackel bb.

Hence the need to protect her hull with an allied BB either side.. and I have proved it works in 2 consecutive games. Also, again when someone goes to ram Rasputin at the end it turns away.

My second game was in the IGOR and every BB in the team only used AP... It was amazing how quickly targets seemed to just.....disappear.

Oh and I had thought the DD was responsible for stopping the Transylvania in my first game but it is actually caused by any enemy ship breaching the green zone...

So go and get your 5 stars...

[BNBS]
Players
376 posts

Rasputin is not that nimble.  I've rammed her three times now in a Jackal.  I keep telling other BB players to do it, but they must think I'm trolling them because so far they all steer away or go for the passing broadside.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
4,017 posts
6,041 battles

If you have 2 - 3 Blades, who permasmoke the Trans you are mostly fine. Ontop of that, you can easily permaflood Rasputin.

First try this year was instantly 5 stars with 2 Blade Division. I never really played anything else besides Blade, its best bet to get 5 Stars.

• Cool 1

Players
1,284 posts
9,778 battles

Actually, if your team is halfway competent, stays on the ball and know the fundamentals of this mission, you don't need any such elaborate tactics. As per usual, I had a string of four and five stars early on, but over the course of the weekend, performance dropped drastically and most fellow players didn't care about any tips or explanations either. If players just go gallivanting miles from Transsylvania, or don't take out the catapults, then there is little you can do.

By fundamentals I mean the explanation Wargaming should give players but doesn't, but which is easily enough looked up elsewhere:

• Transsylvania starts moving toward the portal once the first ship of your group enters the circle around her. After that, she will only stop when she either reaches the portal, or all friendly ships leave the circle, or an enemy ship enters the circle.
  • The number of friendly ships in the circle is shown on top of the screen.

If you know this, and know that the goal about "destroying all foes" is misleading, all else basically follows naturally from the mission goals.

• BBs and Cruisers just try to stay in the circle as best they can. Target-wise, their first priority is at all times to take out any catapults as soon as possible after they come in sight so the DDs can stay ahead and torp in peace without taking too much damage and risk.
  • Only after the catapults are taken out, BBs and Cruisers focus down enemy ships, with the possible exception of the catapults near the end where the shot is blocked until you're past it. Otherwise, they are prioritizing the closest enemy ships approaching the group more or less head on. These of course pose the biggest threat of reaching the circle because the combined speeds add up. Third priority are enemies approaching from the sides.
  • A good microtactic for cruisers is to shoot up any Zikasa only until they get the second fire, then switch to the next target if there is one, coming back to the previous one only to finish it off if need be or to light another fire.
  • Enemies coming from behind can be largely ignored since they can't catch up and thus are no threat, and also, contrary to the misleading instructions, you don't need to kill all spawning Zikasas in order to get five stars, just 16 of them, and there will be plenty spawning ahead of the group to fulfil that requirement. You can farm close ones behind you if there is a lull and you don't have to go out of your way but that's it.
  • DDs should always stay ahead, scouting, torping torping torping, preferably from less than four km of distance (although that may be my inferior torp skills talking) and laying the occasional smoke if things get really hairy. Never be behind the group, have a smoke ready for the last stretch to protect Transylvania.

However, I was even in a group one time (I think Thursday evening) where the DD was mispositioned at the end and didn't smoke up Transsylvania in time and I was fretting in chat, but the rest just laughed and swiftly kicked Rasputins butt and told me "if you need smoke, play a DD!" (politely leaving out an implied  "you noob".)

Incidentally, is it true you get a citadel if you hit a Zikasa's mouth or is that just a Flamu joke?

• Cool 2

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
460 posts
3,882 battles
1 hour ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Incidentally, is it true you get a citadel if you hit a Zikasa's mouth or is that just a Flamu joke? 

Yes, hitting them from straight ahead, just aim for the mouth for citadels.

The dispersion is a bit derp so you need a bit of RNGesus.

Great post btw for the rest.

And both Jackalls and Igors should mount a ramming flag and ram the Rasputin at the end. Works like a charm. Just keep at least one boat near the Trans while you do this.

• Cool 1

[FRDF]
Players
182 posts
2,810 battles

Easy steps to get 5 stars.

1 person inside the circle is enough, more you have faster the Transylvania will go, resulting killing Zikasas fast enough harder.

Stay with the group, don't go chasing random Zikasas spawning behind.

BBs shoot catapults as soon as possible.

DD torp possible Zikasas that get close.

Cruisers rely on DOT damage, just get couple of fires burning and start shooting next target.

When Rasputin spawns kill the Zikasas first.

Ramming Rasputin is probably fine choice but perma flooding and 4 fires while still constantly focused by whole team kills it really fast.

Players
1,284 posts
9,778 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Naesil sagte:

1 person inside the circle is enough, more you have faster the Transylvania will go, resulting killing Zikasas fast enough harder.

Yes, but in a random team, there is no way to know if any one guy in the circle is good enough and reliable to pull off staying in the circle the whole time.

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,917 battles
23 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Extra Hint:

Do not enter her circle at the start. Wait for the team to get a headstart. Then ONE ship enters and stays with her.

Despite asking, begging, whining, shouting - practically ALWAYS - ALL DD enter the circle as fast as they bloody can, and keep accelerating the Transy so battleships have never even a chance to keep up. Just tiny little brainless things, which don't think, are illiterate and deaf. Even mounting the speed flag doesn't help much. The first star is lost early, just because idiot DD leave the circle before rest of the team (left far behind because ~3dd sprinted into the circle) can catch up. 

DD most often don't even survive to the last wave, not to mention torping Rasputin. Practically always there are 1-2 afkers and 1-2 guys more interested in shooting Zikasas in the back than in the game objective.

Anyway, BB role in this scenario is quite limited - mostly tanking and protecting Transy, plus killing catapults. Doing damage to Zikasas and Rasputin is secondary goal.

Cruiser is simply a fire starter - can help with catapults too, but mainly should target BB and has to switch his focus when has 2 fires on a given target. Most importantly needs to keep the Rasputin burning with 4 fires all the time. 250-300k dmg is not rare using Igor. 

DD - mainly: smoke vulnerable friendlies (esp. Transy) plus torp everything and maintain Transy speed: not too fast, not too slow. 

And DD are the kind which has the most problems with understanding their function :cap_old:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this