Ranger772

What do you wish you knew when you started?

29 comments in this topic

Players
853 posts
907 battles

This is an easy question, OP, a couple of things;

1) F2P - never spend a cent on a substandard product

2) take one's time to grind to high levels thereby learning more earlier

3) being informed by others how WG products continually cheat the player (in so many ways)  (eg: MM stacking one team to have better players, targeting resolutions where somehow their teams shots hit more but your teams shots barely hit - odd how that happens so much) (note: WG zombie Trolls need not flame me - you are in 'denial' anyway)

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

Players
5,450 posts
245 battles

Not to grind up the french cruiser line since it seems to get the stick from wg quite a bit.

Which ships are better for newbies in general.

How to aim better and avoid bad habits in general.

• Funny 1

[BGNAV]
Players
265 posts
3,352 battles

Not trying all the classes in the game before picking one to focus on was my largest mistake. Dazed by their history and appearance I played about 500 battles with BBs when I first started at win rate of 42% and dropping... before I tried CV and saw how hugely better I was with them. 

Forget about captain skills, upgrades, modules or game settings, all that pales in comparison to choosing the wrong class as your main. Try them all first and choose oneAnd if you want to be good you will choose a class as your main, the saying "Jack of all trades but master of none" is still true in this game.