Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Post-nerf Alsace

9 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,135 battles

Hello there,
today I finished my "grind" with Alsace and got the Republique.
I have to say the rumours were all true, the ship is batshit crazy!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a997b1b9167e2cec6b10a8c168226e31.png

It only took me 20 games to blaze through the grind (using all the XP flags and +200% xp camo, but I'm definitely keeping the little beast.
I think during those 20 games I got 5 Kraken unleashed achievements. I weren't so lucky with the random teams, and as I played it only solo, my WR suffered a bit despite me being very aggressive and usually carrying my share of the load. 

I can only say that I envy all of you who played this ship before the nerf, must have been extraordinary experience indeed!

The whole French BB line felt very solid, apart from the Republique - but I guess it's just a matter of adjusting to the playstyle and guns.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5049a1a8f409902d17fcae715bec094a.png

Also, share your pre-nerf and post-nerf Alsace experience please.

• Cool 3

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
181 posts
3,670 battles

Played a dozen of battles before the nerf and another couple of dozens after the nerf, didn’t see a real difference, still a wonderful ship! Also my favorite as far as appearance is concerned! 

Hope that the post-war refit on Bourgogne will be ad good as current Alsace aspect-wise! 

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,096 posts
8,839 battles

Hi all,

8 hours ago, Blixies said:

Hello there,

Hide contents

It only took me 20 games to blaze through the grind (using all the XP flags and +200% xp camo, but I'm definitely keeping the little beast.
I think during those 20 games I got 5 Kraken unleashed achievements. I weren't so lucky with the random teams, and as I played it only solo, my WR suffered a bit despite me being very aggressive and usually carrying my share of the load. 

I can only say that I envy all of you who played this ship before the nerf, must have been extraordinary experience indeed!

The whole French BB line felt very solid, apart from the Republique - but I guess it's just a matter of adjusting to the playstyle and guns.

Hide contents

I am 1/2 through the "Alsace" grind and I am also very very sorry not to have been able to try her before the nerf... :Smile_sad:

So far she is very nice ship and I enjoy playing her (albeit the Random teams I played the most games with her were not the best in wast majority of cases and "Alsace" is not the most "carryable" ship around especially in Tier X games)...

TT4FRJI.jpg

I am only using "French" cammo and usual signal flags (i.e. none of the "Special signal flags")... I am taking it slowly... :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

[-HUN-]
Players
816 posts
8,378 battles

I played it pre-nerf and it was a great ship. Even then the ship had massive problems landing shells where you aimed at. Still, it was an amazing little devil and the difference feels in the game especially when fighting bow on BBs.

Altogether I still love the ship. It's fun yet balanced. Sometimes you hit just one or two overpens but next time 3 citadels on a cruiser out of nowhere. :cap_wander:

Modder
4,001 posts
7,112 battles

Do not forget that this is a fun-to-play ship with a secondary build.

I really enjoyed the grind and still have her in my harbour and take her out from time to time. Esp. for missions where you have to grind secondary hits!

923131565_Screenshot_2018-10-21WoWSStatsNumbersEU-principat121-Playerinfoandstats.thumb.png.8030e1ca2c8abf43e60edb318a25d693.png

And I am really looking forward to that Bourgogne. An Alsace with better dispersion and MBRB on top? I take that!

• Cool 1

Players
1,709 posts
6,668 battles
10 hours ago, Blixies said:

Hello there,

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Really enjoy this ship. It's a keeper for me. Punishes cruisers and is also a good firestarter with the amount of shells when shooting bow-on bbs.

How you finding the republic? I had choice to grind the republic or Yam before clan and picked the republic. Which one do you find better? hope i made the right choice. 

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,244 posts
4,135 battles
19 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Really enjoy this ship. It's a keeper for me.

How you finding the republic? I had choice to grind the republic or Yam before clan and picked the republic. Which one do you find better? hope i made the right choice. 

I only have a handful of games in the Republic, but so far I have to say it's nothing special. Yamato is considerably tankier and has far superior guns in terms of overmatch, frontal alpha damage and even accuracy.
Republic is definitely more agile compared to Yamato, but it doesn't feel THAT nimble tbh. The 30 mm overmatch could be nice, but hitting the nose of angled Hindenburg on 15 km is a huge dice roll anyway - Yamato would do a much better job.
The great things about the frenchie are the shell velocity (less time for cruisers to react), and the ability to surprise cruisers with a second salvo after they try to turn away after your first salvo.
So far I have the feeling the Republique is good at exploiting enemy's mistakes while Yamato is better against people who know what they're doing (you can't really do much at all against Yamato's firepower).
If I had to pick only one, it would definitely be the Yamato for now. But I repeat, I'm very much a Republique novice at the moment.

I really wonder if the legendary module is worth it though, sure the ROF is great with it, but having less than 20 km range could prove extremely limiting in a lot of situations.

Modder
4,001 posts
7,112 battles
14 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I really wonder if the legendary module is worth it though, sure the ROF is great with it, but having less than 20 km range could prove extremely limiting in a lot of situations.

I do not think that the LM for the Republique is good.

You gain effectively 1sec of reload for 6km less range?

That is a bad trade-off.

Players
2,688 posts
6,982 battles
13 hours ago, Bics93 said:

Played a dozen of battles before the nerf and another couple of dozens after the nerf, didn’t see a real difference, still a wonderful ship! Also my favorite as far as appearance is concerned! 

Hope that the post-war refit on Bourgogne will be ad good as current Alsace aspect-wise! 

I only played her post-nerf, but I liked her :Smile_Default:

And it's definitely a good looking ship! I even liked her once I read about her for the first time back when I was a kid and was reading all these old books about WW2 and stuff :fish_book:

Also looking forward to Bourgogne, but I'm kinda pre-disappointed by it possibly becoming another steel ship.

Sign in to follow this