BGrouse

Few things from the new player

16 comments in this topic

Players
3 posts
20 battles

Hello, one new player here ! I'm totally new to this game and I haven't played this game before.

Currently playing WoWS Blitz version with an android emulator and that leads me to my first question: is there any significant differencies between PC and mobile version ? Just asking it now when my progress in game is not so great yet: player level 10 and 17 played games. However I'm not sure will my quite old PC meet the requirements to play the PC version, but this mobile version goes well with an emulator.

I'm quite familiar with a game mechanics like capping enemy home base from another game I have played a long time and still do. One favourite game mode is called Domination where the main object should be capping and holding "beacons". Lot of new game terms to learn when reading this forum.

If I continue to play Blitz version I assume, that all what I read from here and from wiki -site will be similar (or almost) if speaking from PC version ?

PS. I'm from Finland so pardon my english grammar errors if any :)

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,289 posts
11,774 battles

IDK Blitz. Wows should work on lower end PC's. High graphics are mainly cosmetical. Most important is decent internet speed. AFAIK you can't use your Blitz account on regular wows though.

Anyways: welcome to the crew of ship nuts. Look around here for tips and tricks. Don't be shy to ask questions. Though sometimes salty, all people have their hearts on the right place here.

Players
3 posts
20 battles
10 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

IDK Blitz. Wows should work on lower end PC's. High graphics are mainly cosmetical. Most important is decent internet speed. AFAIK you can't use your Blitz account on regular wows though.

Thank you !

I will try PC version how it works. This PC should meet the min. requirements shown on download page. Preferring PC version myself - played PC games more than mobile platform games anyway during my lifetime so far.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
716 posts
2,853 battles

The pc version is waaay better in every single aspect. The reason for this is that the mobile version is heavily limited in terms of performance, controls and ui. So the pc version simply has more content and is better designed from the ground up.

• Cool 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,399 posts
6,351 battles
8 hours ago, BGrouse said:

Thank you !

I will try PC version how it works. This PC should meet the min. requirements shown on download page. Preferring PC version myself - played PC games more than mobile platform games anyway during my lifetime so far.

There is also a mod that reduces texture quality even further for low end PCs

[SM0KE]
Players
2,391 posts
6,083 battles

I'm playing both PC and Blitz versions of WOWS; although there are similarities, they are very different games, and I agree with the sentiment that the PC version is superior (very much so).

If your PC is a bit on the slow side, turn the the graphics to minimum, and that should help (when you install, I think the game will try and set your settings to whatever it thinks is optimal for your system); unless you're a graphics freak, even at lower settings, the game is pretty enough.

PC WOWS is more complex though, and ships play differently to their counterparts in Blitz (although not *that* differently), and have a wider range of consumables to make use of, so you'll have to do a bit of ship re-learning.

[-AP-]
Players
716 posts
2,853 battles
On 10/22/2018 at 11:49 PM, Nautical_Metaphor said:

2 Mbit here and it works just fine. I'd consider that 'poor speed'.

theoretically, it could run fine on 0.2mbit/second, its really only latency and stability that matters.

• Cool 2

[BONI]
Players
1,090 posts
9,598 battles

WoWS consumes like 3KB/s in combat and 1 in port. You could run it on 56k. Matter of fact, I used to for WoT and Warcraft. That said, I'm on a slightly less cruddy connection now (albeit satellite) and I find the latency more stable when it's not throttled to 32KB/s.

Players
3 posts
20 battles

Yeah I eventually installed PC version. Took "only" 24 hours to download with few pauses and a very slow download speed from wows server (EU). It indeed does have more depth than in Blitz, took few moments to get used to it. Still no many battles played (11) but works well with default graphics settings.

• Cool 1

[IRON7]
Players
600 posts
444 battles
2 hours ago, BGrouse said:

I eventually installed PC version

Good, BGrouse. You are limited at start. You need to play until you have gotten to service level 15 (for everything to unlock).

Be attentive to your Credits (silver) so you can buy modules & upgrades.

Figure out what T1 ship you like the most & go to the T2 ship in that national line (plus further).

Figure out if you like DDs, CLs/CAs or BBs more - CVs are last as they start once you get to T4).

Enjoy your journey in PC WoWS - there are some really neat ships here (well most of them are that, imho)

Always ask for assistance if you require it & try to division - that will help you too.

• Cool 1

[BIF]
Players
71 posts
2,032 battles

Before you reach service level 5, try to get an invitation code from someone. You get some free ships that way, and some useable stuff ( credits, flags, some free xp ).

• Cool 1

Players
1,277 posts
9,701 battles
Am 28.10.2018 um 03:16, K82J sagte:

Before you reach service level 5, try to get an invitation code from someone.

Afaik it is not possible to activate an invite code after the fact. You need to use the invite link to create your account in order to get the goodies. So the service level doesn't really matter since he'd have to create a new account anyways.

[BIF]
Players
71 posts
2,032 battles
7 hours ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Afaik it is not possible to activate an invite code after the fact. You need to use the invite link to create your account in order to get the goodies. So the service level doesn't really matter since he'd have to create a new account anyways.

Didnt knew it was changed , used it last time like a half year ago. Thanks for correcting :Smile_Default:

[UNICS]
Players
1,241 posts
15,368 battles

105ms ping is easily playable in this game, because its slow paced , yes even with dd's , it even easier. Stability is also important. I can even play on NA server but i get 250ms ping there and that starts to get unplayable

One day will live closer to eu server hopefully then i will be super unicum :D