You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sargento_YO

T5 ranked battles, really fun, but too short for a Battlecarrier.

39 comments in this topic

Players
1,421 posts
8,517 battles

The tier 5 ranked battles were pretty fun. There weren't too many OP ships (and those who had an advantage had something bad to compensate). But... I dunno... Reaching Rank 1 in only 17 battles, despite the lemming trains and the CV + Texas divisions (And despite playing Solo and drunk, and only in a silver ship) felt a little... too Short.
Still, I had Alot of fun in this day of ranked battles.

shot-18_10.20_02_32.37-0659.thumb.jpg.78755c9756900e106c737bd2d2c2be5c.jpg

• Bad 2

Beta Tester
936 posts
9,634 battles

Yes.

It must've been the hardest grind of you life to play the most skill based class in the game to stomp on players without any air protection.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 4
  • Bad 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,102 posts
20,016 battles
42 minutes ago, Sturmtiger_304 said:

It must've been the hardest grind of you life to play the most skill based class in the game to stomp on players without any air protection.

Because as we all know auto drops practically can't be dodged.

Oh wait.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,905 posts
12,142 battles
Alle 20/10/2018 alle 07:35, El2aZeR ha scritto:

Oh wait.

Yes, I play this sprint season with Zuiho as well and it might be strong *edited*

I miss my Kaga.

Edited by NickMustaine
Inappropriate remarks

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
720 posts
14,208 battles

What? Did it already start?? And it has ended already also??

• Funny 1

[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,312 battles

Wait what? I'm on the EU server but didn't see any ranked battles, especially for tier 5.

Did I miss something?

• Cool 1

[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,312 battles
10 minutes ago, triumphgt6 said:

Yes = pick a tier 5 and go to ranked!:Smile_Default:

Ahh, it started just recently, I see it now. Since I've heard the rumors I checked it every day, and now as I see someone already completed it, I thought it was already over. It seems with some dedication it can be completed in less than a day :)

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
3 hours ago, Praevasc said:

It seems with some dedication it can be completed in less than a day :)

Then afterwards go to forum and start a 'look at me, arn't I great' thread :Smile_medal:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,286 posts
24,409 battles
Alle 20/10/2018 alle 06:52, Sturmtiger_304 ha scritto:

Yes.

Yes, and bragging about it...:Smile_facepalm:

Alle 20/10/2018 alle 07:35, El2aZeR ha scritto:

Oh wait.

Zuiho can still crosstorp at level 5, is more than enough. So no, can t be dodged if autodrop at a 60-90 degrees between squads.

However, DDs may slip through. Also, Texas can focus his AA on a squad while dodging the other one, that could work too.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,102 posts
20,016 battles
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

Zuiho can still crosstorp at level 5, is more than enough. So no, can t be dodged if autodrop at a 60-90 degrees between squads.

If you WASD early enough even in a BB you can often evade them all as the spacing between IJN torps when auto dropping is laughably bad.

Players
1,261 posts
9,591 battles
6 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

If you WASD early enough even in a BB you can often evade them all as the spacing between IJN torps when auto dropping is laughably bad.

This is theoretically possible. But after about 100 games in the Zuiho (I only started IJN CV's after they removed T4-5 manual attacks), I'd estimate about 95% of DD's don't evade carefully timed cross torps.

But occasionally you get that genuinely skilled guy in a Kamikaze, and it's frustrating yep. And I once ran into some super unicum in his Warspite who was near impossible to hit.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,102 posts
20,016 battles
4 minutes ago, jss78 said:

I'd estimate about 95% of DD's don't evade carefully timed cross torps.

Played some ranked div with my Zuiho today. Regularly got hits on DDs that could've been dodged easily.

Jesus Christ most people are seriously too braindead for this game. :Smile_facepalm:

Beta Tester
1,036 posts
11,131 battles

I started this afternoon, am at rank 3, and must admit, it is bags of fun. What I find very surprising is that the players communicate, stick to a plan, co-ordinate. Much more than the tier 8,9,10 ranked battles. It reminds me of the Closed Beta Test. Yet to meet a brain dead team (probably just cursed myself)

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
720 posts
14,208 battles
8 hours ago, Akula971 said:

I started this afternoon, am at rank 3, and must admit, it is bags of fun. What I find very surprising is that the players communicate, stick to a plan, co-ordinate. Much more than the tier 8,9,10 ranked battles. It reminds me of the Closed Beta Test. Yet to meet a brain dead team (probably just cursed myself)

You call AB? or BC? a plan? :cap_old:

• Cool 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,286 posts
24,409 battles
9 hours ago, Akula971 said:

Yet to meet a brain dead team (probably just cursed myself)

Don t worry, I ve met them a few times.

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles
42 minutes ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

You call AB? or BC? a plan? :cap_old:

It's a plan. It's a vague plan, but it's a plan. It's also better than every ship for itself.

I ran across some braindead players, but not that many. Some teams just weren't that good, but that doesn't mean they're idiots. The only thing that was notable was that camping players really didn't pay off. It was almost always the more aggressive team that won. That made it a lot more fun.

I think the only braindead player I did run across that I remember was one who, naturally, complained that the team were idiots. He didn't follow the plan we stated. That match fell through because we didn't have the support we were supposed to have. There was one other team that just refused to shoot at the DDs, which naturally led to another loss.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
On 10/20/2018 at 2:43 AM, Sargento_YO said:

The tier 5 ranked battles were pretty fun. There weren't too many OP ships (and those who had an advantage had something bad to compensate). But... I dunno... Reaching Rank 1 in only 17 battles, despite the lemming trains and the CV + Texas divisions (And despite playing Solo and drunk, and only in a silver ship) felt a little... too Short.
Still, I had Alot of fun in this day of ranked battles.

I can give you my "luck" (then you can play more), 19 Battles and still sitting on Rank 7.

• Cool 1

Players
1,421 posts
8,517 battles
11 hours ago, jss78 said:

But occasionally you get that genuinely skilled guy in a Kamikaze, and it's frustrating yep. And I once ran into some super unicum in his Warspite who was near impossible to hit.

I can do anvil/scissors attack pretty sucesfully. Thing is, the british dds (at least tier 4 - 6) are too small and agile. Some of them even managed to slip throught the torpedo attack. These things are even more agile than Kamikazes.

[RODS]
Players
1,332 posts
7,283 battles

Was great fun,  didn´t division at all so the randomness of skill in teams was a big factor. Started off in the Giulio Cesare with a 13p captain but kind of got stuck at rank 4-5. Ended up sticking my 19p New Mexico captain in my Texas and ranked out. Texas spotterplane came in handy more than once, the AA was also useful in carrier games. The amount of OP DD:s was an issue (Oh no.. they have 2 Kamikaze R.. Could often predict the outcome by looking at the team lineups)

• Cool 1