Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Earn Your Greatness - Discussion Thread

14 comments in this topic

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,642 posts
20,525 battles

Thanks for a very generous event!

It would have been great to just get the Russian and American captains, but we aren't getting just them:

-5 standard Ovechkin boxes with camos and signals. Also a free activation of the collection.

-Flags, consumables, free XP, port slot, captain slots, and 10 This is Your Day camos.

-3 new patches and an event Flag.

All free of charge and the missions are doable in every mode.

I'm normally the first to point out mistakes, but this is a good haul just for clicking the "participate" button.

• Cool 6

[N0RSE]
Players
223 posts
10,458 battles

Uuuuuuuuntil you see the price of the premium containers, which had me choke on my coffee this morning.. Really? I have clan mates that bought the whole shebang of 24 containers after selling their spleen, kidney, a lung and first born and only got away with the Italian T7 cruiser and Chapayev + a ton of crap camo and collection items. I thought things were getting bad, but this is the worst yet. Then there's the crazy 40€+ captain..... for just that.. a captain... you gave the US 15pt dude away for free (sure, after going through a bit of questing (simple if you've got T10 ships)), but then charging 40€+ for this dude???? Wow. I was hoping for some sensibility, especially after the rather abysmal announcement of the Halloween containers yesterday.. Ohh well.. I bought 1 premium container and got the mission for North Carolina, can't complain, but that's all I'm going to buy. If you manage to scrounge more money out of this than the events before and Halloween last year, then I totally see the reasoning behind all this, but from where I'm standing.. sorry, nope.. 

Then there are those that'll wail at me and say it's a free game that the ones that purchase stuff supports it so I can play for "free", BWAH I say, I'm pretty sure I've spent more than my fair share on this game!.. 

Reasonable price for the recyclebins they're selling now? same price as the Yamamoto ones which I think gives more bang for the buck.

But, you give a lot of stuff away for free, so I suppose you have to try to wring more out of the ones that actually will invest in this game (myself included, I've invested... ) as opposed to support us in any way.. 

Anyway, laughable premium offers, cool campaigns and events! Not sure if I should say keep up the good work, laugh maniacally or just shrug and continue as before.. Because, one thing's for sure, WG won't change.

See you guys in game.. 

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,642 posts
20,525 battles
30 minutes ago, Fesvil said:

Uuuuuuuuntil you see the price of the premium containers, which had me choke on my coffee this morning.. Really? I have clan mates that bought the whole shebang of 24 containers after selling their spleen, kidney, a lung and first born and only got away with the Italian T7 cruiser and Chapayev + a ton of crap camo and collection items. I thought things were getting bad, but this is the worst yet. Then there's the crazy 40€+ captain..... for just that.. a captain... you gave the US 15pt dude away for free (sure, after going through a bit of questing (simple if you've got T10 ships)), but then charging 40€+ for this dude???? Wow. I was hoping for some sensibility, especially after the rather abysmal announcement of the Halloween containers yesterday.. Ohh well.. I bought 1 premium container and got the mission for North Carolina, can't complain, but that's all I'm going to buy. If you manage to scrounge more money out of this than the events before and Halloween last year, then I totally see the reasoning behind all this, but from where I'm standing.. sorry, nope.. 

Then there are those that'll wail at me and say it's a free game that the ones that purchase stuff supports it so I can play for "free", BWAH I say, I'm pretty sure I've spent more than my fair share on this game!.. 

Reasonable price for the recyclebins they're selling now? same price as the Yamamoto ones which I think gives more bang for the buck.

But, you give a lot of stuff away for free, so I suppose you have to try to wring more out of the ones that actually will invest in this game (myself included, I've invested... ) as opposed to support us in any way.. 

Anyway, laughable premium offers, cool campaigns and events! Not sure if I should say keep up the good work, laugh maniacally or just shrug and continue as before.. Because, one thing's for sure, WG won't change.

See you guys in game.. 

I saw the prices. Decided not to buy anything. Not my loss. That's why I only wrote about the free content, things that don't require an arm and a leg to get.

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

The free stuff: nice. And not hidden behind some ridiculous mission chain (we've seen different)

The premium stuff: Yeah, no. Not going to happen. The droprates of the RN containers for the real interesting stuff have learned me quite thoroughly (and swiftly) not to spend a dime anymore on your RNG crates.

• Cool 2

[SEED]
Beta Tester
11 posts
13,612 battles

EDIT had spended Money on 12 container pack…. got that bad tier 7 Leningrad... didnt taken notice how much this containers cost before i read on it in here…. never gonna buy a single container anymore…. this is [edited] Wargaming....just have to say….

Edited by Kampa1987
Vulgarism

Players
1,797 posts
19,011 battles

The free crates are pretty good and the captain perks will be useful on a DD so I'm happy to participate as always nice to get some rewards for playing the game, but no way are the premium crates worth getting 

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,642 posts
20,525 battles
9 hours ago, Knusvein said:

EDIT had spended Money on 12 container pack…. got that bad tier 7 Leningrad... didnt taken notice how much this containers cost before i read on it in here…. never gonna buy a single container anymore…. this is [edited] Wargaming....just have to say….

No one forced you to buy them, and if you didn't look at the price of the boxes then it's purely your fault. Sorry, but that's the hard truth.

[-GG-]
[-GG-]
Players
351 posts
19,805 battles

So I looked again on YouTube for G8 containers opening and it looks like WG set te chances right :cap_money:

I guess if you are EXTREMELY lucky you may get out of 15 paid containers (some 50 euro) a Leningrad or Abruzzi.

One CC drawed a North Carolina mission ... 

I'd rather buy some lottery tickets :crab:

[N0RSE]
Players
223 posts
10,458 battles

As I wrote, I bought 1 and got north Cal, so for me the value was super.. But a clan mate bought 24 and got 2 boats and nothing else... Not worth it at all..  Wonder how the Halloween ones will be.. 

[IRON7]
Players
347 posts
On 10/21/2018 at 3:11 AM, Knusvein said:

Are you ok? Leningrad is one of the best ships in the game... the container price is ridiculous but i didn't buy a single one anyway and i'll never buy a container again. This is WG testing just how much they can steal from kids with dad's credit card. Doesn't work for me but as long as there's players with money buying 40 containers WG doesn't really care about it being expensive or not. For WG, players are worth the amount of money they put in the game. By adding containers with stupid high prices like €4.5 for 1 container (!really!?) they are appealing to the rich player base and "slow thinking" players with no perception of money value.

I have a "special" offer, "just for me" to buy Alexander Ovichkin with 15 point for stupid €45 euro, just to let you know what they are capable of.