Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ColonelPete

Final Poll: How many UK DD missions did you get?

Final Poll: How many UK DD missions did you get?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. How many UK DD missions did you get?

• I got nothing. Zero. Zilch. NADA!
    • I got one.
    • I got two.
    • I got three.
    • I got four! Lucky me! (... or I have too much money ...)
  2. 2. How many premium containers did you buy?

• Zero! WG does not get my money!
    • 1-4
    • 5-10
    • 11-19
    • 20-39
    • 40+

33 comments in this topic

[CATS]
Players
27,376 posts
14,548 battles

This is the final poll for the UK DD missions.

Since you cannot change your vote, I had to make a new poll. The poll from two weeks ago does not reflect the final results.

Edit:

Old Poll for reference

6,234 posts
10,694 battles

From the earnable containers I got all four missions. I bought one container with no mission (by that time it would've been possible for me to still get one mission from it).

Players
19 posts
8,059 battles

I got zero missions but I never bought any boxes and you know what, I didn't mind too much as i've just been a dirty filthy casual for the last few months.

Players
295 posts
1,724 battles

Got 2, acasta and icarus (just the same with the french BB line event, got bretagne and normandie).

Also, the option of 0 it's bias as I didn't purchased any premium container but not because WG doesn't get my money (purchased some premium time periods and some premium ships), I didn't do it because I didn't wanted to put my hopes on gambling. Same as with santa containers last christmas, instead of puchasing containers hoping to get a premium ship I purchased Kidd directly.

Beta Tester
663 posts
12,465 battles

Got Acasta and Icarus during the second week. Got all the free containers available as I bought Cossack, didn't buy any premium ones. 

[KAKE]
Players
2,657 posts
6,355 battles

Got all four. Didn't buy a single premium container, but since I already had the Gallant I did get some regular containers I wouldn't otherwise have been able to get. Also, got some for free from codes that were given out during a stream or something.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,492 posts
15,960 battles
Hi all,

This is my final tally...things improved a bit after disastrous start (the 39th container brought me the "Icarus Personal Mission" and 46th container brought me the "Acasta Personal Mission") but overall a bit of disappointment regarding "RN DD Personal Missions"...

12 (1st week) + 12 (2nd week) + 14 (3rd week) + 12 (4th week) + 1 (WG) + 1 (Bonus) + 5 (bought) + 1 (re-bought with excess Sovereigns)  = 58 containers

BTW, I got "Bert Dunkirk" for 100 Sovereigns and re-bought my already owned "Warspite" for 220 Sovereigns = 6.500 Doubloons (for effective cost of 14 Euros = 50% OFF regular Doubloon price)!

Leo "Apollo11"

[SHAFT]
Players
10,292 posts
9,091 battles

Got T5+T6 by collecting almost every container which you could get by normal playing. (2nd week i missed one i think)

Players
170 posts
2,904 battles

Tier 6 DD mission from a metric ton of earnable containers. Nothing else. 

RNG hates me, that is official.

With RNG this bad I decided not to buy any containers. Why would I? It is not like I have any guarantee at all. Besides - those are now grindable anyway, so the idea of paying for a CHANGE of getting them a few weeks earlier is beyond ridiculous.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,294 battles

Got all 4. Chose 1 in the poll because technically someone bought me one. Didn't contain a mission though.

I did however purchase as many containers as possible from the arsenal with the sovereigns (and then use the sovereigns from those to buy more etc)

[BS4]
Players
1,347 posts
7,451 battles
1 hour ago, Uglesett said:

Got all four. Didn't buy a single premium container,

1 hour ago, Spartan_93 said:

50 regular containers

0 missions

3XqGCna.gif

well I suppose you cant accuse this one of not being random?

Got the Icarus and Acasta.  Completed quite a few missions but also bought 5-6 premium containers as I worked on the theory surely this couldn't be pay to win issue? I believe I got 1 from a container I bought 1 from a free one so?....

This was in the first couple of weeks and then it just seemed to go dead....and I kind of gave up

Seems like buying 58 rnl containers like @Leo_Apollo11 did was no guarantee either so ....

This was certainly random but I don't feel it was fair as a lot of people put effort time and money in to it and recived nothing.....some did a lot less and bought hardly anything and received the lot!!

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,660 posts
10,193 battles

Got all except Lightning. Jervis came from the five containers I bought, Acasta and Icarus from the free containers. With Sovereigns I bought Warspite for the doubloons, still have 175 Sovereigns to use for something.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

this would be a lot more interesting if the poll asked which of the missions we got, not just how many - they didnt have to be in any kind of order, but from what I've seen Jervis and especially Lightning were very rare...

[BS4]
Players
1,347 posts
7,451 battles
5 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

this would be a lot more interesting if the poll asked which of the missions we got, not just how many - they didnt have to be in any kind of order, but from what I've seen Jervis and especially Lightning were very rare...

I think this is to establish how much you put in to how much you received in return. :Smile_coin: The details of the Missions themselves are irrelevant no?

Players
67 posts
9,726 battles
7 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Yeah, I agree. The amount is of missions is not everything. I would have been happy with my 1 mission if it had been better than the acasta that I got.

6,234 posts
10,694 battles
13 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I got it in this order: Icarus - Acasta - Jervis - Lightning

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts

Acasta, Jervis, Icarus (stage 1, 2 & 4). No containers bought because fork that loot crate principle. Also not worth the price asked for.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles

0 money spend, all sovereigns converted into more peasant container (opened around 90 of them...):

First week mission for Acr*psta, 4 week mission for Icarus because adding insult to injury is wargamings thing with me...

At least I had enough free-XP to jump to Jervis, the first good DD in that whole line!

Players
3,421 posts
16,738 battles

I got all 4 missions. I bought at least 35 premium containers (plus maybe the odd one or two when I was drunk).

Most of the containers were bought after getting Acasta. I was so delighted with the ship I felt that I had to gamble to get more ships.

I spent all my sovereigns on new containers until I finally got Lightning. Ironically though, all missions came from premium containers.

You get so much for being lucky with the container drops that I think it must be deeply annoying for those who miss out (like I did with the French Battleships):

- Faster progression through the line

- Free ships (saving vital credits) and pre-researched and paid-for modules

- extra RN missions

- a head-start on the grind using experienced captains, because of their temporary status as premium ships.

Even though I was a winner in the current lottery I think it stinks!

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,492 posts
15,960 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Seems like buying 58 rnl containers like @Leo_Apollo11 did was no guarantee either so ....

I am afraid you misread what I wrote - here is my final tally again:

12 (1st week) + 12 (2nd week) + 14 (3rd week) + 12 (4th week) + 1 (WG) + 1 (Bonus) + 5 (bought) + 1 (re-bought with excess Sovereigns)  = 58 containers

in other words I bought just 5 (five) containers and got all other 53 via normal playing! :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

[BS4]
Players
1,347 posts
7,451 battles
2 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I am afraid you misread what I wrote - here is my final tally again:

in other words I bought just 5 (five) containers and got all other 53 via normal playing! :Smile_hiding:

Leo "Apollo11"

Sorry Leo my bad, skimmed over that to quickly. As a matter of interest is there a record of how I obtained my containers somewhere so I can double check. Cheers.

• Cool 1

[GW_KR]
Players
258 posts
12,949 battles

Got the Acasts mission from the first crate! Then got the Icarus mission after maybe 15 crates and finally the Jervis from one of the last. 

Only free crates. 

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,492 posts
15,960 battles

Hi all,

15 hours ago, SeaWolf7 said:

Sorry Leo my bad, skimmed over that to quickly. As a matter of interest is there a record of how I obtained my containers somewhere so I can double check. Cheers.

No problem at all!  :Smile_honoring:

BTW, I use most excellent "MxStats" program for that (it lists everything I do)!

https://wows.mv-smirnov.org/en/mxstat/

Leo "Apolo11"

Sign in to follow this