Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_2hneAFaIyP4T

Remove Friendly Fire Damage!!!!!!! Plz Now!

17 comments in this topic

Players
606 posts

Sorry for the click-bait title!

Can we please remove any warnings and penalties for friendly fire BY SECONDARIES!?

I had a really annoying situation where I was in a pretty good position in a Balti, providing radar and hydro screening against 3 DD's, 2 BB's and a cruiser (I had backup!!!). There was me, nicely tucked behind an island, blapping any DD daring to poke their nose round, and spotting a crazy amount of torps for my friendlies to avoid... but a Richelieu 6 km behind me kept hitting me! After 4 separate automated chat warnings to him for TK damage, I nearly reported the guy (he was pink)... until I realised it was probably his secondaries.

So, could this be a valid suggestion? I fail to see the benefit in punishing players for 'TKing' through secondaries... and it's bl**dy annoying thinking your being hit by a team mate intentionally!

Please note: I fully agree with all 'player controlled' (torpedoes, ramming, main gun fire etc) team-damage penalties... just not AI ones.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
2,606 posts
6,381 battles

Agreed, friendly fire on secondaries is kinda pointless as the player doesnt really have control over them

[DAVY]
Players
2,842 posts
13,969 battles

i thought (maybe i'm wrong) they had removed the secondaries team damage a while ago...

• Cool 7

Players
2,605 posts
11,389 battles
Just now, Salentine said:

i thought (maybe i'm wrong) they had removed the secondaries team damage a while ago...

Im pretty sure they removed it awhile back.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,086 posts
22,013 battles
1 minute ago, Salentine said:

Yeah, me too. There should be no penalty for secondary damage either??? Now I am confused... :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Players
606 posts
4 minutes ago, Salentine said:

Oh! So maybe it was 'intentional'? I should have reported the guy after all then? Damn! I did wonder how I managed to lose so much health when I couldn't see anyone that had 'reliable' firing angles on me! :etc_red_button::Smile-angry::fish_boom:

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,693 battles

There is no penalty for secondary batteries hitting friendlies, was removed quite a bit ago.

Dont shoot at your allies!!

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
725 posts
12,318 battles

Yes, as pointed out, secondaries do not do friendly damage.

There are two options, one is that he was in binocular wiev and not noted you, was shooting close so flat trajectory did clip some of your structures. It is very easy (if you are a bad player) to not hit anyone with forward turrets, but hit them with back ones (done that in yamato).

As it was Richelieu I am guessing reporting him was a way to go (or I have mistaken ships, but this one does not have rear turret).

• Cool 1

Players
2,305 posts
22 minutes ago, LazyVegetable said:

Next time you see something like this, report the person.

I have had one or two occasions as a BB player where shells fired at a target at distance have clipped an ally say 6km away from my ship. I have done it myself and had it happen to me and usually in the heat of battle when you're focused on your enemy.

It is not usually deliberate and any decent player will hold off the next shot until the ally clears further, usually apologising for their misfire. Have done it and had it done..so reporting everyone straight off the bat doesn't give a decent player the opportunity to apologise...

I have not however experienced secondary fire penalties..

Players do forget that you need clearance between allied ships before opening fire...

[TOXIC]
Players
4,751 posts
12,048 battles
3 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

Sorry for the click-bait title!

Can we please remove any warnings and penalties for friendly fire BY SECONDARIES!?

I had a really annoying situation where I was in a pretty good position in a Balti, providing radar and hydro screening against 3 DD's, 2 BB's and a cruiser (I had backup!!!). There was me, nicely tucked behind an island, blapping any DD daring to poke their nose round, and spotting a crazy amount of torps for my friendlies to avoid... but a Richelieu 6 km behind me kept hitting me! After 4 separate automated chat warnings to him for TK damage, I nearly reported the guy (he was pink)... until I realised it was probably his secondaries.

So, could this be a valid suggestion? I fail to see the benefit in punishing players for 'TKing' through secondaries... and it's bl**dy annoying thinking your being hit by a team mate intentionally!

Please note: I fully agree with all 'player controlled' (torpedoes, ramming, main gun fire etc) team-damage penalties... just not AI ones.

Secondaries are "safe", but since the secondaries were firing, I assume the range was close. What probably happened was:

1. Your ally is behind you and has a lot of big guns on both ends of the ship.

2. Your ally sees an enemy close by and fires a salvo.

3. Some (most) of the shells land on target or within proximity, some "disappear" but he doesn't care, doesn't count - he's shooting the enemy after all.

4. You sit in your Baltimore eating into your superstructure every single one of these "disappearing" shells since your superstructure is right between the enemy and one or two of your ally's turrets.

The sad part is that he kept shooting, but then again - I didn't see the situation, I don't know how panicked he had reasons to be and, unfortunately, the game does a very poor job at letting you fire specific turrets and not the others. I probably shouldn't admit to this but setting aside some accidental friendly fire (usually when I'm a DD in smoke and an ally enters the smoke and blocks me while I'm tunnel-visioning) I've even had a couple situations (among my thousands of battles, but then again, I rarely play ships where this can really happen) where I still double-clicked while fully aware of the possibility that a shell or a couple will likely clip an ally in front of me - I just deemed the salvo too important to pass up on. Of course if the NEXT salvo (in a BB) is in the same situation then probably the BB is doing something very wrong.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
190 posts
36 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

I have had one or two occasions as a BB player where shells fired at a target at distance have clipped an ally say 6km away from my ship. I have done it myself and had it happen to me and usually in the heat of battle when you're focused on your enemy.

It is not usually deliberate and any decent player will hold off the next shot until the ally clears further, usually apologising for their misfire. Have done it and had it done..so reporting everyone straight off the bat doesn't give a decent player the opportunity to apologise...

I have not however experienced secondary fire penalties..

Players do forget that you need clearance between allied ships before opening fire...

No.

It doesn't matter if you fired intentionally or accidentally, you shoot an ally, you deserve to be reported for it. All the tools are given to you to avoid such events, simply because players choose to not use them and choose to shot into allies, be it by accident or intentional, that does not change the fact that is your fault.

• Cool 1

Players
2,305 posts
11 minutes ago, LazyVegetable said:

No.

It doesn't matter if you fired intentionally or accidentally, you shoot an ally, you deserve to be reported for it. All the tools are given to you to avoid such events, simply because players choose to not use them and choose to shot into allies, be it by accident or intentional, that does not change the fact that is your fault.

I do see your point but disagree with it and I am not saying you are wrong either because you're entitled to see things your way.

In battle it is not always so clear cut and I would only report a player if this friendly fire occurred more than once or the player did not immediately apologise.

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
720 posts
14,204 battles
23 hours ago, thiextar said:

Agreed, friendly fire on secondaries is kinda pointless as the player doesnt really have control over them

Press P to switch them of?

[THROW]
Players
865 posts
23,246 battles

Do people actually still think secondaries can do friendly fire? Seriously guys read patch notes. They stopped doing friendly fire about 10 patches ago. 

Players
2,369 posts
20,778 battles
Am 19.10.2018 um 10:28, thiextar sagte:

They can always turn them off.

In fact I've been suggesting something of the opposite, making AA fire more realistic by having it damage friendly planes that fly into the flak zone as well...

Sign in to follow this