Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Premium shop containers poll.

Value in containers poll.  

191 members have voted

1. 1. The value you get from premium shop containers has following trend:

• Increasing (you get more stuff for your money).
    • Steady (same value as in the past)
    • Decreasing (you get less value per buck spent)
    • Don't care/buy containers, or I am undecided.

52 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,529 battles

Hello there,
for quite a long time, I have a nagging feeling in my head about the newer premium containers we're being offered.

Seems to me that although the prices haven't changed, the contains of the containers are somewhat poorer. It could be just me, though.

So let me ask you a question through the poll to see, if I'm being unreasonable or disillusioned about them.

As always, thank you for your time. 

EDIT: Is Christmas comrade. Time to vote.

image.png.365067fddfb1e96cc26d1a41aac38607.png

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
6,770 posts

Well I rarely buy those and when i do i buy few (except for the christmas ones) but those i did over the years seemed pretty much "en pair"

[LEWD]
Players
327 posts

I bought ton of them 2 years ago. But I gonna past this year like the last year. I couldnt justify the price.

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles

Didn't do the math yet, but the G8 containers are not worth it for me. The special flags are not worth that much, the camos are nothing special and most of the ships I already have.

Beta Tester
3,338 posts
14,777 battles

Not even lying when I say that I was ready to spend an awful lot of money on Halloween crates.

But not compensating the Halloween camos in any way killed it for me.

Ovechkin crates are also not interesting, because of the T8 Tech Tree ships that you can get for your super chance, and that will be compensated with credits.

• Cool 4

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,529 battles
5 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Not even lying when I say that I was ready to spend an awful lot of money on Halloween crates.

Ovechkin crates are also not interesting, because of the T8 Tech Tree ships that you can get for your super chance, and that will be compensated with credits.

Summed up my position perfectly.

Interesting poll results so far, but it hardly comes as a big surprise tbh. I wonder if it gets reflected in the container sales as well, but we will never know.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,751 battles
9 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Interesting poll results so far, but it hardly comes as a big surprise tbh. I wonder if it gets reflected in the container sales as well, but we will never know.

It most certaily does. Remember when there was a 1 container for under 1€-$ enticement? Gone.

Compensations? Gone or reduced.

Myself, 45 days of premium and counting (altho with the promotions and stuff it might last for xmas) before I am done with WoWs and RGs greedy ways.

• Cool 1

[-IAN-]
Players
2,021 posts
6,837 battles

I think it's getting worse and here's why -

June '17 Bismarck containers - 50 containers for £77

October '18 Hockey Containers - 24 containers for £77

Rewards per Bismarck container - 7 or 14 Special Flags, 1 collection item, 0 or 7 camos depending on number of flags.

Rewards per Hockey container - 10 Special Flags, 1 collection item, 10 Camos

So for the same £77 you get -

Bismarck - 350 to 700 Special Flags, 50 collection items (worth 750,000 credits), upto 350 Camos (again depending on number of flags)

Hockey - 240 Special Flags, 24 collection items (worth 360,000 credits), 240 camos

It's not hard to see just how different the rewards are with nearly 18 months between them.

Spoiler

I've deliberately not included the "you can win 20 flags" from Bismarck and "you can win a bonus mission for a ship" from the Hockey containers as these are not guaranteed and are actually gambling.

• Cool 9

[LEWD]
Players
327 posts
26 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

I think it's getting worse and here's why -

June '17 Bismarck containers - 50 containers for £77

October '18 Hockey Containers - 24 containers for £77

Rewards per Bismarck container - 7 or 14 Special Flags, 1 collection item, 0 or 7 camos depending on number of flags.

Rewards per Hockey container - 10 Special Flags, 1 collection item, 10 Camos

So for the same £77 you get -

Bismarck - 350 to 700 Special Flags, 50 collection items (worth 750,000 credits), upto 350 Camos (again depending on number of flags)

Hockey - 240 Special Flags, 24 collection items (worth 360,000 credits), 240 camos

It's not hard to see just how different the rewards are with nearly 18 months between them.

Reveal hidden contents

I've deliberately not included the "you can win 20 flags" from Bismarck and "you can win a bonus mission for a ship" from the Hockey containers as these are not guaranteed and are actually gambling.

Yamamoto boxes have better buck for money regarding special signals. But these are even expensive for my liking. Its too much money in my currency.

Alpha Tester
3,022 posts
11,809 battles

Because I run a premium account, most economic signal flags have a far lower value for me (I think you can get this idea right?). WG use these all as forms of currency or valuable goods but I think they over-estimate their value imho.

When I purchase premium containers, I have to be honest in admitting it's only for a chance at one of the ships, but the price of these containers seems to be getting higher and higher for a roll-of-the-dice chance at getting something 'permanent' for the game. I don't buy these containers for the signal flags, I prefer permanent content for money, other than the consumptive premium time I purchase. Because of this, I cannot justify spending almost £4 on a single container just for signals, no matter their ability. Were it a £1 lower, maybe a little more enticing to pick up a few, but at the current cost for a '8's container? Not a freakin chance. Grossly over-valued.

• Cool 6

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
324 posts
6,740 battles

Despite being a good customer for the Premium Shop, I buy containers over there only when needed, e.g. to activate a mission/collection or to get the last 1-2 tokens for said collection. I don't buy scratchcards IRL, so I'm not fond of their digital equivalent too.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,021 posts
6,837 battles
48 minutes ago, Ebu34 said:

Yamamoto boxes have better buck for money regarding special signals. But these are even expensive for my liking. Its too much money in my currency.

Yamamoto - 50 containers for £74 gets 600 special flags and 100 collection items worth 1.5 Million credits - more credits, around the same amount of flags but no camos compared to Bismarck which, with 600 flags, would still give 150 camos as well.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
93 posts
7,045 battles
3 hours ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

That!

I was willing to throw my credit card on screen a lot for good old pumpkins... but this? No way...

In a way i don't really see why they pulled it of like this honestly. They would quite a big ammount of money from playerbase who would in return get more gold than usual and it's a win - win... you are not inflating gold value anyway since it has no permavalue and it is a once per year event. But hey... 

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,291 posts
24,441 battles
On 10/19/2018 at 12:13 PM, Juanx said:

Remember when there was a 1 container for under 1€-$ enticement? Gone.

No, it s still there.

On 10/19/2018 at 11:54 AM, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Saw a CC on youtube opening ~15 O'VeggieQueen crates, and got North Carolina and Chapayerv.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

havent seen a premium container that I'd personally consider even remotely worthwhile since last christmas, and those were already very very dubious...

Players
5,979 posts
11,657 battles
On 10/19/2018 at 11:54 AM, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

I could've written this myself.

I was willing to spend on crates this time, seeing how nice the crates from last year were.

Was gonna go all out for €55 or so (which iirc was the largest halloween crate package of 2017?) but the 2018 ones (and the G8 ones as well) seem really expensive for what I get. And large part is RNG.

The free containers in the game (both halloween and G8 ones) have so far given me nothing except camos. I wish I had gotten the 2017 halloween crates instead, but I couldn't justify it at the time as I was a brand new player back then.

Regarding the ships from the G8 crates: I got both tech tree ships and the Scharnhorst. And receiving credits as compensation? Nah.

There was also this Italian cruiser, but I also already have an Italian premium and I see no Italian battleship or cruiser tech tree line anywhere on the horizon yet.

On 10/19/2018 at 3:22 PM, 22cm said:

No, it s still there.

A what? I'm not seeing any crate for under €1?

[SM0KE]
Players
5,846 posts
14,117 battles

I've (stupidly?) bought six G8 crates, mainly to start the collection off (plus, the flags are useful); the Halloween ones look thoroughly uninspiring though, so they're a 'no' for me.

My overall impression of crates is that they're generally getting less worthwhile (in value for money terms) over time, although with occasional positive 'blips' like last year's Xmas crates.

The key thing that turns me off is not getting doubloons for stuff that you already have, but silver instead...

• Cool 3

[-IAN-]
Players
2,021 posts
6,837 battles
12 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Was gonna go all out for €55 or so (which iirc was the largest halloween crate package of 2017?) but the 2018 ones (and the G8 ones as well) seem really expensive for what I get. And large part is RNG.

I haven't seen any Halloween ones for sale this year, only the G8 ones, have I missed something?

Players
5,979 posts
11,657 battles
2 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

I haven't seen any Halloween ones for sale this year, only the G8 ones, have I missed something?

No, I think they aren't for sale yet (so I also don't know prices yet). But I do know the content as it's on the news page.

But frankly, they'd need to be a lot cheaper compared to last year for them to be worthwhile to me and I don't see this happening.

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,291 posts
24,441 battles
15 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

A what? I'm not seeing any crate for under €1?

Its a crate but the Hockey one. Halloween are not for sale yet.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,846 posts
14,117 battles
3 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

They aren't on sale yet, but were announced at the bottom of the article outlining the Halloween Ops: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/halloween-scary-battles/

image.thumb.png.e49fad13ed3f2b6ffe9a22033e6ab8ea.png

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,291 posts
24,441 battles
1 minute ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I see a 1 crate offer, but it's €4.50 and not under €1

Ah, you re right, is not under 1 euro.

[-IAN-]
Players
2,021 posts
6,837 battles
9 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

They aren't on sale yet, but were announced at the bottom of the article outlining the Halloween Ops: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/halloween-scary-battles/

Thanks for the info - For those very low "15 camo" rewards (which is what you would mainly get) I wouldn't pay very much at all, say less than £0.50 (half a Euro) per crate but I'm guessing WG will ramp the price up over £1 (in your post of 60 crates I'd expect WG to charge around £55) so even myself, as a huge "must buy containers" whale, won't be buying any!

Sign in to follow this