You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
bouncer8409

HMS Daring build

19 comments in this topic

[RNSF]
Players
345 posts
19,507 battles

Howdy all

Does anyone have any thoughts on IFHE for the Jutland and Daring, is it worth it or not ?

Many thanks

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,907 posts
12,218 battles

IFHE, RPF, Concealment and Demo Expert is how i roll.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,637 posts
20,510 battles
24 minutes ago, kfa said:

IFHE, RPF, Concealment and Demo Expert is how i roll.

Wouldn't Superintendent be better? Or Survival Expert?

Assuming a build of PT, LS, DE, CE, IFHE, RPF you are left hurting in the survival category, while having 1% more fire chance than the base Daring.

The build is solid, as IFHE helps when you can't use AP effectively and RPF supports the defensive play style. But there is no staying power behind this.

Picking either SI or SE would give greater benefits:

-SI gives an additional charge of heal, allowing you to restore an extra 2080 hp (6240hp total). With the India Delta signal the heal improves to a 2500 hp per charge (7500 max total).

-SE adds an extra 3500 hp, plus it increases the amount a heal charge restores by 350 hp per charge, for a 4860 hp max total. With the India Delta signal the heal improves to a 2920 hp per charge (5840 max total).

The difference between the healed amount with SE and Si is 1380/1660 (with and without signal). It comes down to taste and whether you prefer to be tough up front or play the long endurance game.

I'd ditch the DE in favor of one of those skills, as some extra fires are not worth getting ganked because you ran out of heals and hp.

But there's a crazy idea, of playing the bully. Ditch RPF, grab both SE and SI, add JoaT as a finisher. The basic max amount you heal is 7290 hp, with the signal 8760 hp. That's 36% of your base HP that you can restore, so with the heal you can have as much as 33060 hp.

• Cool 6

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles

Tried a few games in the Daring with a 14 point cap, standard PM, LS, SE, CE and IFHE, I’ve done rather well with 3 wins and a 120k average so far. I wouldnt ditch IFHE under any circumstances, but might ditch SI/DE to get RPF after a harugumo and I ran into eachother point blank, barely got out of that with 3k hp lol...

[JRM]
Players
6,805 posts

I have 12pt on jutland with PT LS BFT CE not quite sure if ifhe is worth it since that sap acctually does decent job on dds and cls need more testing to decide

Players
322 posts
9,766 battles
1 hour ago, ABED1984 said:

I have IFHE on my Jutland. I can't always trust AP when it comes to DDs.

I found that the AP only fail against heavly angled/nose-in DD. In any other way, the 19mm arming threshold and improved (RN CL) normalization work just fine. Still haven't decided on IFHE, 4 points for some occasional try-hard, that tryes to rush me... when you can have RL/RPF. 

[JRM]
Players
6,805 posts

Yep besides there is the fish - one fletcher tried to roshomon me yesterday and got a rn torpedo in the face for the effort

Beta Tester
3,342 posts
14,830 battles

You can easily trade IFHE for RPF and just shoot AP in Randoms.

In competitive though, enemy DDs will angle if you shoot AP at them.

And the need for IFHE excludes it from CW in my opinion.

• Cool 1

Players
3,130 posts
11,051 battles

Good info chaps.

My first real DD line i'm actually concentrating on grinding so any information regarding captain skills, RN DD tactics and Mods would be appreciated. 

At the Jarvis and it's quite a fun ship.  Not bad so far. 

[JRM]
Players
6,805 posts

Yep most of us already have z52s and/or yys for competitive so nothing wrong with some casual dakka besides maybee the make ir 1/4pen after all if things get sour :Smile_trollface:

[GOUF]
Beta Tester
324 posts
6,748 battles
25 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

You can easily trade IFHE for RPF and just shoot AP in Randoms.

In competitive though, enemy DDs will angle if you shoot AP at them.

And the need for IFHE excludes it from CW in my opinion.

Yesterday I've been yelled to for not having been able to scratch a Chung Mu who was simply running away from me... :etc_hide_turtle:

I was thinking about going standard build with PT, LS, AR, SE, BFT, CE, RL and just use AP but maybe I should reconsider.

BTW, question for second slot: do you think is it worth to add the sonar module on such short range sonar?

[JRM]
Players
6,805 posts

Yes couse sonar is there so you dont get torped while smoke dakka dakka, i most likely wont bother with puting it on jutland (unless i decide to keep it active for some reason after i finish the grind) but will slap it on both cossack (when i have a spare/ get more coal) and on daring when i have it

[PANEU]
Beta Tester
1,907 posts
12,218 battles
2 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Wouldn't Superintendent be better? Or Survival Expert?

Assuming a build of PT, LS, DE, CE, IFHE, RPF you are left hurting in the survival category, while having 1% more fire chance than the base Daring.

The build is solid, as IFHE helps when you can't use AP effectively and RPF supports the defensive play style. But there is no staying power behind this.

Picking either SI or SE would give greater benefits:

-SI gives an additional charge of heal, allowing you to restore an extra 2080 hp (6240hp total). With the India Delta signal the heal improves to a 2500 hp per charge (7500 max total).

-SE adds an extra 3500 hp, plus it increases the amount a heal charge restores by 350 hp per charge, for a 4860 hp max total. With the India Delta signal the heal improves to a 2920 hp per charge (5840 max total).

The difference between the healed amount with SE and Si is 1380/1660 (with and without signal). It comes down to taste and whether you prefer to be tough up front or play the long endurance game.

I'd ditch the DE in favor of one of those skills, as some extra fires are not worth getting ganked because you ran out of heals and hp.

But there's a crazy idea, of playing the bully. Ditch RPF, grab both SE and SI, add JoaT as a finisher. The basic max amount you heal is 7290 hp, with the signal 8760 hp. That's 36% of your base HP that you can restore, so with the heal you can have as much as 33060 hp.

You are probably right. I am only at the Lightning nad totally forgot about the heal.

I will change my build as well, it will be a before-nerf khabarovsk without BB concealment.

All hail the powercreep!

[NED]
Players
2,063 posts
8,054 battles

I still need to click with the Daring and struggle to make it work so i will keep an eye on this thread.

Players
2,780 posts
17,292 battles

I been playing the WOWS high tier destroyer game of 'OMG who's spotting me now? Run away!!' with Jutland and Daring. :cap_like:

Mad props to all those who can actually use guns without dying to radar, sonar and all those CVs flooding MM. Or even damaging enemy ships before they get deleted lBB/CA team mates or run back to spawn as fast as they can (if they ever left)

I'm not sure skills make any difference. :cap_haloween:

[NED]
Players
2,063 posts
8,054 battles
58 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

I been playing the WOWS high tier destroyer game of 'OMG who's spotting me now? Run away!!' with Jutland and Daring. :cap_like:

Mad props to all those who can actually use guns without dying to radar, sonar and all those CVs flooding MM. Or even damaging enemy ships before they get deleted lBB/CA team mates or run back to spawn as fast as they can (if they ever left)

I'm not sure skills make any difference. :cap_haloween:

That is exactly the experience i am getting out of my Daring.

I really fail to see why they nerfed its stealth.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,876 posts
14,139 battles
5 hours ago, RambaRal said:

BTW, question for second slot: do you think is it worth to add the sonar module on such short range sonar?

FWIW I have done on Cossack and Haida (both have similar defensive sonar); it's rather nice to be able to have hydro running for an entire engagement, and you aren't losing much by not having the standard slot 2 options (assuming your captain has LS)...

• Cool 1

[RNSF]
Players
345 posts
19,507 battles

Well, been testing in co op. IFHE is the way to go for me as it gives far better results overall. 

Thanks for all your input guys.