Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Celedring

American cruiser tier 8-10

17 comments in this topic

[A_S]
Players
7 posts
2,203 battles

Just me blowing out some steam but by god they're a bit to good. When even a pleb like me get superunicum playing those ships something is wrong.

So I got a brand new tier 8 french BB today and tried it for 2 games. First one i got utterly deleted by Wochester who was hiding behind an island 19 km away while face tanking 2 tier 10 battleships. The battleships did close to nothing the cruiser did 70k dmg in 1-2 mins.

Second game a Salem was sailing down the 10 line full broadside and removed halv of my health in like 30 sec. I fled like the pleb I am healed up and turned to drop a few broadside ap from 14-15km. In that time the Salem deleted the Izumo who tried to stall at that flank and then dropped 3 fires on me on the next volley. Full firecrew didn't help a bit.

I hit 9 shells, 9 overpens. All shots from 14-16km. Have no idea what Izumo did but Salem had 50% hp left. Full broadside all the way.

Can Cleveland and up pls get a citadell. They're toxic enough hiding behind islands and spam fire all day and without citadell the only real threat is other cruisers and british BB since it's close to impossible to nuke them. Yes I've played Cleveland a bit and it's broken.

So I went back to the battlescore and looked at those players who played said ships. 50%ish winrate ppl who for some reason had 60% playing american top tier cruisers. Watched some youtube videos and what ships are ppl playing for rank 1, American cruisers. Flambass just had 9 wins in a row before the Jingles videos and he's one of the better dd players out there but playing cruisers for rank 1?

Just venting some steam from a pleb who has way above 60% win rate on american cruisers.

• Funny 1

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

ignoring your hyperbole for a minute...

yes, USN cruisers can be good with their high rates of fire - if you let them. They are very happy if they can dictate the engagement, use terrain to their advantage etc - but they turn very unhappy very very quickly once you manage to turn the tables on them, which more often than not is just a matter of your own positioning. If you're in a bad position, yeah you're gonna get farmed - if that happens regularly to you, then maybe you should consider not blaming the enemy ships but the guy responsible for your positioning...

• Cool 1

Players
8,396 posts
9,218 battles

If you'd be shooting with guns larger than 38 cm, you can pretty much bow citadel the USN CAs. From the side, pretty much any BB can. One of the worst citadels at T10, imo.

• Cool 1

Players
1,100 posts
11,613 battles
28 minutes ago, Celedring said:

Just me blowing out some steam but by god they're a bit to good. When even a pleb like me get superunicum playing those ships something is wrong.

So I got a brand new tier 8 french BB today and tried it for 2 games. First one i got utterly deleted by Wochester who was hiding behind an island 19 km away while face tanking 2 tier 10 battleships. The battleships did close to nothing the cruiser did 70k dmg in 1-2 mins.

Second game a Salem was sailing down the 10 line full broadside and removed halv of my health in like 30 sec. I fled like the pleb I am healed up and turned to drop a few broadside ap from 14-15km. In that time the Salem deleted the Izumo who tried to stall at that flank and then dropped 3 fires on me on the next volley. Full firecrew didn't help a bit.

I hit 9 shells, 9 overpens. All shots from 14-16km. Have no idea what Izumo did but Salem had 50% hp left. Full broadside all the way.

Can Cleveland and up pls get a citadell. They're toxic enough hiding behind islands and spam fire all day and without citadell the only real threat is other cruisers and british BB since it's close to impossible to nuke them. Yes I've played Cleveland a bit and it's broken.

So I went back to the battlescore and looked at those players who played said ships. 50%ish winrate ppl who for some reason had 60% playing american top tier cruisers. Watched some youtube videos and what ships are ppl playing for rank 1, American cruisers. Flambass just had 9 wins in a row before the Jingles videos and he's one of the better dd players out there but playing cruisers for rank 1?

Just venting some steam from a pleb who has way above 60% win rate on american cruisers.

American cruisers are niche cruisers. They suck at operwater engagements. While Worcester, I do admit, is way too powreful. All the others are not.

I recomend you do study armor models and other data on them. And if you have questions, you can always specifie the question and ask

[A_S]
Players
7 posts
2,203 battles

As I started my tread, just a battleship pleb getting irritated by the new tier 10 cruisers who flat out remove the tier 8 ships from the game. Are the ships squishy, yes. Have they tools to hide outside of all spotting and still do tons of damage, yes. 

It's just that they're ships that's perfect for anti pushing and in the average pub games they punish everyone who tries to push way to hard and still stay unspotted/to close to islands to hit.

Making every new ship top tier is the way they destroyed my World of Tanks gaming. Most of the old tanks is collecting dust never to see the light of day. Feels the same thing is happening here in WoWs. After 1k battles in the Maus and eating like 1k $$$ worht of gold ammo and getting a buff to the turret so that still every tier 10 gun in the game have no problem penetrating the best armored tank in the game if I aim back, aka can't shoot at enemy tanks because that's the reciepe for 1200 dmg in return.

So my pile of salt is more aimed at new powercreeps. Yes I know that the game has to progress but zhezez. 

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

fair enough, powercreep is definitely a feeling one can get in this kind of game (and something that's really hard to avoid for the devs too, since their jobs depend on us wanting to stay with the game and go for the new stuff - so it's got to be appealing in some way...)

Players
1,100 posts
11,613 battles

Well. Yes, older lines do get powercreeped by newer ones. But, you, by playing French BB line also powercreeped those who are playing "old" BB lines.

But, apart from Worcéster, it is not nearly steep as in WoT.

[A_S]
Players
7 posts
2,203 battles

Well yes, Lyon is so stupid in tier 7 it hurts.

Derping my way in Bismark vs  Richelieu is no problem. After 2! battles in Richy I feel that Bismark is better allrounder and do well in tier 10. After 50ish battles in Kurfurst the only thing that's scary is cruisers that I can't hit ( was a reason WG removed the stealth fire back in the day but it's back as american cruisers ) doing 1 000 000 000 dmg/s with HE spam that can't be prevented by maxed out fire prevention. BB vs BB is fine, trippel  torpedo crossfire from DD is fine ( aka team lost dd battle or way out of possision ), /tar delete from Carrier is a bit silly but ye, rumors has it that WG is doing something about it. Stealthfireing cruisers that WG removed from the game 2 years ago is for some reason back:cap_cool:

@Salt

Edit@correct SALT

[CATS]
Players
27,448 posts
14,574 battles

Are you serious?

Warship Tier Nation Battles Win rate PR Average Damage Avg. frags Avg. planes destroyed  
1    Cleveland 8 U.S.A. 16 75% 1 655 43 527 0.88 5.06 Details
2    Buffalo 9 U.S.A. 12 58.33% 472 23 895 0.25 1.58 Details
3    Baltimore 8 U.S.A. 1 100% 1 002 29 511 0 6 Details

Do you consider that unicum? I suggest to play more battles in them.

Players
322 posts
9,766 battles
11 hours ago, Celedring said:

French BB guns overpen a lot... it's they're "thing". 9 time out of 10 they will troll you with overpens, so you can enjoy the glorious DevStrike at the 10th.

As for the new/old USN CA/CL:

Des Moine and Salam can be citadeled from almost every angle, by BBs with 390+ mm guns.

Worchester and Seattle eat a lot of HE dmg and low calliber AP/German SAP (from BBs and CAs) citadel them fairly easy.

11 hours ago, Celedring said:

Worchester may be strong, but in this case... you let that farm you.

Players
629 posts
4,949 battles

I dunno your play style but it sounds like you don't shoot well.  You shouldn't be turning away and letting them dictate the engagement.  I am a primary USN cruiser jockey and you have to bully the USN cruisers. If know how to shoot them and just bare down and force them out of cover to relocate, they quickly become a target for everyone because of open water weakness.  I routinely bow tank BBs but if they keep pursuing me I have to relocate.   If they turn away, I will burn them down. If they keep sailing broadside, I'm going to do massive damage and in some cases land cits.  Just bow tank them right back, and play the right BBs and you won't overpen-you'll actually do enough damage to make them retreat and make a mistake.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles
12 hours ago, Celedring said:

First and foremost, there is something horribly wrong there...

19km Worcester ? The guy need to be an idiot that mounted the Range Mod instead of the DPM, which already makes it a terrible player, but even then, at this range the shell flight time should be around 14-15 seconds which means you really, really need to be an easy target in order to get farmed. Especially with the 30knots and agile Richelieu.

And even with DPM module, doing 70k damage in 1-2 minutes with Worcester would imply setting four fire at least, which also means horrible DCP and stealth management on your side.

So stop using hyperbole and exaggeration, because if anything else it deserves you and make us think you don't know what you're talking about.

On the other side, Worcester survavibility is a bit too high due to 30mm deck armor, but you can still overmatch it from the front. Balti/Buffalo/DM are a bit harder to deal with, especially if you're playing 380mm BBs, but they still take big damage especially if you catch them off guard.

Finally, I disagree a lot with people saying the CA line is weak in open water. DM is very, very good at kiting away with its 30mm armor, great agility and awesome turret angle. Especially if you add the legendary upgrade. 

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
6,770 posts

Well said m8 IMHO DM is a monster open water or island hug,  when in open just apply more wasd and dont roshomoron and u cant fail, that reload on something with 8" guns is just evil...

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles

Here’s a hint thats destined to piss of all DM captains. Shoot the turrets ;-). I crap you not, I once had a game where I lost all 3 turrets on the DM to BB AP, i got to do like 50k dmg and after that I was a giant torpedo :D

edit: apparently my phone or something else changed a word to crap, but I think you know what I mean :D

Edited by PapVogele

[CATS]
Players
27,448 posts
14,574 battles
1 hour ago, ShinGetsu said:

First and foremost, there is something horribly wrong there...

19km Worcester ? The guy need to be an idiot that mounted the Range Mod instead of the DPM, which already makes it a terrible player, but even then, at this range the shell flight time should be around 14-15 seconds which means you really, really need to be an easy target in order to get farmed. Especially with the 30knots and agile Richelieu.

Make this up 19.48 seconds. The shooter is either clairvoyant or the target moves in a straight line.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Make this up 19.48 seconds. The shooter is either clairvoyant or the target moves in a straight line.

19.48s. o_o

You basically need to be AFK to get hit... 

And that's why, kids, you shouldn't be using the range module on US cruisers... 

Sign in to follow this