Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Salentine

RN CV's in testing

31 comments in this topic

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,414 posts
8,417 battles

seems like WG have sneaked a RN CV into the test server, followed by this announcement, thoughts?

• Cool 4

[__]
Beta Tester
727 posts
1,694 battles

that really depends on how you are reacting to 'rework'

for someone who is liking the rework it'll be along the lines of "it's about damned time"

from some one who is not impressed by the rework the reaction is probably more on the lines of "way to kick your existing carrier jockeys while they are down @Sub_Octavian"

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,035 battles

For me, it'll all depend on how the re-work plays out: at the moment, I don't really play carriers (despite owning several) as I'm pretty awful in them, and causing your team to lose isn't much fun - if the re-work makes the class playable for ordinary players, I'd love to get my hands on RN CVs...

I'm not entirely pessimistic though: when WG re-worked arty in WOT, they ended up improving it (in my opinion), although the changes for that class were less drastic than those that appear to be in the pipeline for CVs.

Players
750 posts
6,653 battles

No Ark Royal? Go back, do again. And Hermes at Tier IV? Well, I'm looking forwards to some Low Tier vs Harrier action... :fish_boom:

• Funny 2

Players
1,369 posts
6,120 battles
15 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

No Ark Royal? 

Premium slapped all over that one i'm afraid.  £££££££££

• Cool 1

Players
750 posts
6,653 battles

I suppose they do have an issue in the fact that most of the British CVs are called either Ark Royal, Hermes or Eagle. But they should probably keep the Hermes name for the Centaur class ship. The correct order, btw is Argus, Attacker/Furious, Courageous, Illustrious, Majestic/Colossus (Implacable), Hermes, Ark Royal...

• Cool 1

Players
1,478 posts
5,740 battles
43 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

No Ark Royal?

27 minutes ago, Redcap375 said:

Premium slapped all over that one i'm afraid.  £££££££££

tenor.gif?itemid=7976782

Players
2,149 posts
3,836 battles

Its was about time to bring some new CV's into game. I wonder what specialty will they have.

Anyway I might give it a chance for play them after CV rework.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
3,586 posts
7,456 battles
15 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Its was about time to bring some new CV's into game. I wonder what specialty will they have.

well, we dont have the slightest idea what "specialty" the USN and IJN CVs will end up with either (IJN got AP bombs in the first public version, but who knows whether that'll stay)... so yeah...

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,699 posts
13,142 battles
2 hours ago, Nechrom said:

Did someone say Ark Royal?

Ark Royal + Nagato div for maximeme lolibote hunting? 

Sign me up. :Smile_trollface:

Players
274 posts
7,092 battles
4 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

No Ark Royal? Go back, do again. And Hermes at Tier IV? Well, I'm looking forwards to some Low Tier vs Harrier action... :fish_boom:

There were more than 1 HMS Hermes that were CVs, the one in game was the First Purpose built one Laid down, I think the Hosho was actually launched earlier, or was it the other way round. Either way it's not the Hermes your thinking of.

Had a look at the 3D models and they have got to be some of the best looking CVs so far, I'm guessing one of the bonuses of RN CVs will be that they are less prone to HE as they seem to have armored decks even at tier 4.

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
657 posts
10,507 battles

I stpped CV playing after they inyroduced manual attack. I would play CVs sometimes but i hate manual fights between fighters strafe. Simply becomes too much for me,  i am not good at all with it.  If WG removed fighters strafe and i dont care if they kept manual drops or not, i would play more often.

[FRDF]
Players
175 posts
2,810 battles
6 minutes ago, albinbino said:

I stpped CV playing after they inyroduced manual attack. I would play CVs sometimes but i hate manual fights between fighters strafe. Simply becomes too much for me,  i am not good at all with it.  If WG removed fighters strafe and i dont care if they kept manual drops or not, i would play more often.

What we have seen so far you probably are fine with changes, there is no fighters to control, only consumable which spawns fighter similar to what you now have in BBs and cruisers. You only fly around with one squadron that has several smaller attack groups.

But it looked like its even harder to control atm and damage at least on lower tiers seemed pitiful, don't know about higher tiers yet.

Players
1,534 posts
1,331 battles
9 hours ago, Hades_warrior said:

Rockets maybe? The RAF and FAA really loved their rockets.

Players
750 posts
6,653 battles
7 hours ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

There were more than 1 HMS Hermes that were CVs, the one in game was the First Purpose built one Laid down, I think the Hosho was actually launched earlier, or was it the other way round. Either way it's not the Hermes your thinking of.

I know. The first one was rubbish, though, whereas the other Hermes/Viraat had a 50+ year career. And it doesn't have to have Harriers. I'd be perfectly happy with a Buccaneer, or an F4 Phantom... 

8 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Ark Royal + Nagato div for maximeme lolibote hunting

Is this that awful, creepy, Azur Lane stuff again? If so, shoo. 

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,699 posts
13,142 battles
29 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

Is this that awful, creepy, Azur Lane stuff again? If so, shoo. 

Fine.

tumblr_ow2fpvY7o31qehrvso1_540.gif

:Smile_trollface:

On a more serious note, my guess as to what gimmick RN CVs are gonna have is multi armament aircraft. They have already talked about trialing fighter-bombers with the RTS gameplay in a Q&A before, now that CVs are focused solely on striking the concept only becomes more feasible.

[CSF]
Players
467 posts
4,605 battles

Well it shows one thing... These were in develepoment for a long time... And WG is actively gimping current CV population to lessen the resistance.

[MORSE]
Players
243 posts
601 battles
10 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Ark Royal + Nagato div for maximeme lolibote hunting? 

Sign me up. :Smile_trollface:

AZ nagato is a Loli though, KC fandom nagato is lolicon, bu cannon KC nagato as far as I’m concerned is more of “child’s heart” thing.

that said i do have her, so why not. 

Players
750 posts
6,653 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

On a more serious note, my guess as to what gimmick RN CVs are gonna have is multi armament aircraft. They have already talked about trialing fighter-bombers with the RTS gameplay in a Q&A before, now that CVs are focused solely on striking the concept only becomes more feasible.

We discussed this before and its a great idea. Swordfish could be used as anything : torp bombers, dive bombers, or anti sub cannoneers, the Skua and Barracuda were fighter bombers... Lots of options. 

Players
2,361 posts
15,164 battles
3 hours ago, JaiFoh said:

anyone else puzzled by the lack of odd numbered tier carriers?

Also why not Malta at T10? 
also anyone think that those aircraft on the Audacious are Blackburn Firebrands?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackburn_Firebrand

Hermes (tier 4) and audacious (tier 10) both have 2XX designations which implies they are part of an "alternate" line.

Tier 5 and 7 are famous for heavy CV seal clubbing. Maybe they're adding two lines of 4, 6, 8, 10 for a better MM balance? Something like a small CV line and a large CV line, Malta would be the alt RN tier 10.

Sign in to follow this