Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Loran_Battle

minimizing chat windows

17 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,198 posts
6,762 battles

So... anybody else have trouble minimizing chat windows? Cause it seems the button has now been reduced to a single pixel.

Sigh... I wish WG would fire the interns that they have working on the UI, I'm so tired of these bugs.

• Cool 3

[HAERT]
Players
2,047 posts

I've not opened any new ones to test, but on my existing channel and Clan chat windows the minimise - sign is much the same as it was before, at least on my laptop in 1920x1080 resolution.

[-HUN-]
Players
650 posts
7,841 battles

The bigger problem is that they tend to disappear when you use the UI... Or you come from a battle and you have to wait for the chat window... Really annoying. But it has been ever since I play this game and Kitty Purfurst is more important...

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,756 posts
4,631 battles

The disappearing division window is especially funny. I do not want to know which ships my division mate picks anyway... :cap_old:

• Cool 1

Players
2,912 posts
5,171 battles
44 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

So... anybody else have trouble minimizing chat windows? Cause it seems the button has now been reduced to a single pixel.

My chat windows always try to escape my click. Im sure this is happeining to others aswell? Like you click where it is and BOOM it relocates to another corner. Next thing I know is the UI asking me "do you want to skill TAE on your Missouri-captain?" By that point im already afraid, whats going to happen if I press "NO" :cap_hmm:

Another thing: I now hear messages - you know, that little *bing* or w/e sound it is - but there are no actual messages. Luckily I had someone playing wows aswell physically next to me, so he could actually hear, see and confirm it. I was thinking im crazy, but nope. Like we are just going into battle i hear *bing.....bing*. Cleary you expect to find someone sending you 2 msg when you come back to port. Yet ... nothing.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,198 posts
6,762 battles
10 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

My chat windows always try to escape my click. Im sure this is happeining to others aswell? Like you click where it is and BOOM it relocates to another corner. Next thing I know is the UI asking me "do you want to skill TAE on your Missouri-captain?" By that point im already afraid, whats going to happen if I press "NO" :cap_hmm:

oh yeah... I once (edit: "once" = about once a week this summer if I remember correctly. My clanmates during CBs can probably attest to that) clicked on a ship and suddenly I was converting free xp.

If I were to still play this game often enough I would start recording every time I'm in port (I might still do that). Cause the amount of weird things happening in port is kinda amazing.

btw, I do NOT run any mods or anything. I do maybe need a fresh install (last was 3 patches ago), but if I need to reinstall the entire game after each patch, there will quickly come a time when I will not reinstall it at all.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,626 posts
9,132 battles
1 hour ago, Loran_Battle said:

Really?

990800__safe_artist-colon-zokkili_coco+p

Not to self: Perfect time to spam Loran with Pony he cant possibly minimize! :Smile_trollface::Smile_bajan2:

27 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

The disappearing division window is especially funny. I do not want to know which ships my division mate picks anyway... :cap_old:

I knew there was some way for WG to "improve" the divsion window further.

6 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

My clanmates during CBs can probably attest to that) clicked on a ship and suddenly I was converting free xp. 

Oh yeah I remember that one. Was trying to ready me ship - "convert all gold to free xp?"

7 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

I do maybe need a fresh install (last was 3 patches ago), but if I need to reinstall the entire game after each patch, there will quickly come a time when I will not reinstall it at all.

Still have a 2015er installation and I can tell you one thing for a fact: When its fúcked, its fúcked. And its their fault. Every patch may or may not screw things up. Likewise if that happens the following patch might bring remedy, do nothing at all or make things worse. Truly marvellous example of WG skilllevels in a nutshell.

Last time when I couldnt finish a ops without crashing 1-4 times, I ...

a. did nothing to cause it in the fist place. In fact it got worse over 3 patches in a row to intolerable levels.

b. nothing I did try to solve the issue worked - because there was no issue from my end.

c. some patch later it "went away by itself" again without my inference because there was nothing wrong on my bloody end of things.

So I can just advise anyone against searching for problems on their end for its just wasted time. Personally any troubleshooting on my end now comes long after travelling to St. Petersburg to yell at them in person - it makes factually more sense.

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,044 posts
4,598 battles
20 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

Another thing: I now hear messages - you know, that little *bing* or w/e sound it is - but there are no actual messages. Luckily I had someone playing wows aswell physically next to me, so he could actually hear, see and confirm it. I was thinking im crazy, but nope. Like we are just going into battle i hear *bing.....bing*. Cleary you expect to find someone sending you 2 msg when you come back to port. Yet ... nothing.

That is the sound of getting a message in division screen or any other open chat window.

Just check it, when somebody writes something in division chat for example,

at 22:32, you hear a "BLING!"

Then you go in battle, when you get out,

check the division chat again...

If you are out of battle for example at 22:45,

all the messages will look like they've been sent on 22:45,

and you will hear bling again.

Be careful this time,

you will always hear that ghostly bling, when you come back to port after a battle.

• Cool 2

Players
2,912 posts
5,171 battles
14 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

If you are out of battle for example at 22:45,

all the messages will look like they've been sent on 22:45, 

and you will hear bling again.

I noticed that with the changing time-stamps aswell. I dont even know how they messed this up. And you say, they´ll make a sound again? That could actually make sense. :cap_hmm: Although they dont show as new with the (1) behind the name. Have to pay attention the next time it happens.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,044 posts
4,598 battles
2 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

I noticed that with the changing time-stamps aswell. I dont even know how they messed this up. And you say, they´ll make a sound again? That could actually make sense. :cap_hmm: Although they dont show as new with the (1) behind the name. Have to pay attention the next time it happens.

Yep does not show it as new..

But If you have a fast computer, and there are more than dozens of messages,

you will see, when you get back into port,

all messages actually will be posted by the server all over again..

with the bling!

They first fecked the division chat,

now it has more problems..

What will they break about division window in the next update.. I really wonder :)

• Cool 1

Players
2,912 posts
5,171 battles
6 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

But If you have a fast computer, and there are more than dozens of messages,

you will see, when you get back into port,

all messages actually will be posted by the server all over again..

with the bling!

Now that you mention it- I had the feeling yesterday as if the division-chat did report all the messages after a battle and was empty for a moment. Ok, mystery solved then, thanks. I was actually afraid, someone writing me messages and that chatsystem isnt delivering them. You never know - its WG :Smile_coin:

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
1,044 posts
4,598 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

was actually afraid, someone writing me messages and that chatsystem isnt delivering them

I was on the brink of loosing my last 2 working brain cells..

Looking everywhere.. where the sound is coming..

I was like..

image.png.17841ff7567e66fdbf06e5ef1a99da25.png

• Funny 1

[-HUN-]
Players
650 posts
7,841 battles

+1 that just came to my mind: Sometimes I write something in clan chat, even 2 or 3 messages and go to battle and when I'm in port again my messages aren't there. They just poof into a black hole or smg.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,882 posts
On 10/18/2018 at 5:19 PM, Humorpalanta said:

The bigger problem is that they tend to disappear when you use the UI... Or you come from a battle and you have to wait for the chat window... Really annoying. But it has been ever since I play this game and Kitty Purfurst is more important...

Forgot about disappearing chat content as well, not to mention timestamps...

And FreeXP conversion window popping up out of the sudden (I'm starting to think this one is actually a feature implemented in order to get rid of the stockpiles of player's doubloons...)

Edit: Lol, so you do remember. :Smile_veryhappy:

I wrote post before scrolling all the way down. Damn it!

On 10/18/2018 at 4:53 PM, Loran_Battle said:

(...)

I wish WG would fire the interns that they have working on the UI, I'm so tired of these bugs.

Thing is those are in the game for months and some for years.

• Funny 1

[-HUN-]
Players
650 posts
7,841 battles
1 hour ago, Skyllon said:

Edit: Lol, so you do remember. :Smile_veryhappy:

I wrote post before scrolling all the way down. Damn it!

Happens also to the best of us :D

• Funny 1

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,917 posts
16,276 battles
On 10/18/2018 at 6:42 PM, ForlornSailor said:

Same thing here... You were lucky... I got the question "Do you want to use 40+ k gold to transform normal XP to free XP?"

I was like WTF, Esc, Esc, Cancel, Cancel.:Smile_ohmy:... The UI had sent me to the free XP conversion panel... :Smile_facepalm:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,198 posts
6,762 battles
On 10/20/2018 at 1:49 PM, Skyllon said:

Thing is those are in the game for months and some for years.

I mean, I've only been moaning about the chat system for about 3,5 years now. Guess having a working chat system in a team game with clans is not important right?

Sign in to follow this