Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tyrendian89

Let's do this in reverse - what's the WORST ship for the Ranked Sprints?

Let's do this in reverse - what's the WORST ship for the Ranked Sprints?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion, which is the worst T5 ship for use in the Ranked Sprints?

• Podvoisky
    • Kirov
    • Krasny Krym
    • Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya
    • T-22
    • Königsberg
    • König
    • Acasta
    • Emerald
    • Bretagne
    • Jianwei
    • Nicholas
    • Omaha
    • Marblehead
    • New York
    • Minekaze
    • Zuiho
    • Bogue

121 comments in this topic

[TTT]
Players
3,577 posts
7,456 battles

Just curious what you think the worst choice would be - we ask about the best one all the time, thought I'd turn that around^^

I left out some of the obviously strong ships so I could fit things into the 20 option limit - cases like the Kamikaze, which is a straight up better version of the Minekaze in all respects, or Murmansk being a better Omaha. Feel free to shout at me if I left something out that you really think is the worst choice (I might just have been an idiot and forgotten a ship entirely...)!

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
1,002 posts
15,372 battles

Basically any cruisers. Depending on MM they could do good but as I expect lot of BBs and DDs and possibly even quite frequent CVs I don't see how any of them could be consistently good as all of them are really, really squishy. Emile Bertin could be decent due her speed and decent AA and Kirov has a great guns but if they caught in the open by BB they are dead.

Beta Tester
785 posts
6,548 battles

Marblehead imo. A worse Omaha and Omaha is not a impressive ship ...

[DREAD]
Players
305 posts

For BBS Bretagne. The Tier 5 BB, that excels at nothing, and is not versatile either. Jack of non trait.

Cruisers i would bet an poor Marblehead. Terrible protection, short range, poor concealment, wet noodle torpedoes. Her tech tree sister is just better. The rest has it's niche. 

[HMSR]
Players
1,630 posts
5,864 battles

Hmm for me, top 3 worst for Ranked. 

CL-Marblehead

BB-Bretagne

DD-Jianwei

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Sailing Hamster
3,191 posts
3,153 battles

Stock versions of all the ships I'm gonna list just for fun

New York

Bretagne

Omaha

Krispy Kreme

Emerald (even upgraded, that thing is dreadful)

Podvoisky

Jianwei

Furutaka

Okto-bear

König

Players
105 posts
1,663 battles

Mutsuki might be quite good as a Kami substitute, might not have the torpedo reload but everything else is at least as good, torpedo range and AA is better even on the Mutsuki.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,562 posts
9,106 battles

Emerald can at least be accidentally useful, like providing smoke before exploding 

Not Bretagne. 

Worst T3 BB in the game. 

• Funny 4

[TTT]
Players
3,577 posts
7,456 battles
2 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Emerald can at least be accidentally useful, like providing smoke before exploding 

Not Bretagne. 

Worst T3 BB in the game. 

otoh, Bretagne doenst actually explode instandly, so it can be an accidental shell sponge for a while... :cat_bubble:

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,562 posts
9,106 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

otoh, Bretagne doenst actually explode instandly, so it can be an accidental shell sponge for a while... :cat_bubble:

Apt. 

Apt analysis of the Bretagne's armor and guns. 

Sponges. 

:cap_book:

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
3,577 posts
7,456 battles
1 minute ago, Exocet6951 said:

Apt. 

Apt analysis of the Bretagne's armor and guns. 

Sponges. 

:cap_book:

still more useful than the tea-soaked biscuits of the Emerald... :fish_glass:

Alpha Tester
1,746 posts
4,631 battles
28 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

Emerald (even upgraded, that thing is dreadful)

Even though she is rather garbage in random games, the good concealment and the available consumables (heal, hydro and smoke screen) might make her more viable in ranked. The paper-thin armour and "exposed" citadel will make her vulnerable to enemy cruisers and battleships alike though.

In any case, why would anyone bring a cruiser to ranked sprint? You can burn down battleships and support your destroyers but the squishiness greatly limits your opportunities. I'm not even sure if the hydro can make up for the fact that you will be focused whenever you are spotted.

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,111 battles
28 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Even though she is rather garbage in random games, the good concealment and the available consumables (heal, hydro and smoke screen) might make her more viable in ranked. The paper-thin armour and "exposed" citadel will make her vulnerable to enemy cruisers and battleships alike though.

In any case, why would anyone bring a cruiser to ranked sprint? You can burn down battleships and support your destroyers but the squishiness greatly limits your opportunities. I'm not even sure if the hydro can make up for the fact that you will be focused whenever you are spotted.

she also has the deadliest torp loadout at t5, dd's included.

[OGHF]
Players
528 posts
10,101 battles

Agree on the Janwei, but defo not the Emerald, only played 22 games in her but running @ 64% win rate and very few games that involved ships below T7.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
238 posts
8,111 battles

She's a high skill cap ship, a mini fiji, most just blast through her before learning RN CL playstyle, thus the low w/r across the playerbase.

Players
2,361 posts
15,164 battles

Jianwei has stealthier/faster reloading torps and better smoke than Daring, it's the best tier 5 silver DD. Did a CC post something bad about it a while back?

Mutsucki's the worst ship in the game by miles. That poor thing has always needed a really big buff, mainly torps that aren't spotted from 1.6km...

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
3 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I voted Bretagne, because you neglect one critical issue:

If I queue in a Bretagne, I'm basically cueing in a ship that is just straight up worse than all alternatives and my opponent might get a GC or Kongo or any BB that actually is useful matched against me.

If I queue in an Emerald, my opponent gets their own T5 cruiser... but in T5 ranked, cruisers are the least relevant class of them all and the difference in power between a "good" T5 cruiser and an Emerald needs less compensation by the rest of the team.

Also, Bogue was not an option.

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
3,577 posts
7,456 battles
12 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

Also, Bogue was not an option.

ooops... I could've sworn I had added that particular bathtub... I'll blame Forum Gremlins! :Smile_hiding:

EDIT: Huh... seems to actually have been Forum Gremlins, I had to fiddle around with the poll a bit until it reset its max options counter so I could actually add Bogue... done now tho!

[BYOB]
Players
2,690 posts
9,853 battles

I'd take the Krispy Kreme with a 0p captain and no camo over this ship. I'd pick the stock Emerald with standard consumables instead of playing that one.

It's a ship with no offense, no defense, and no presence.

It rides the struggle bus to hardship town.

It's the Jianwei.

Beta Tester
2,064 posts
8,198 battles
43 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

Jianwei has stealthier/faster reloading torps and better smoke than Daring, it's the best tier 5 silver DD. Did a CC post something bad about it a while back?

• 0.4 km window for stealth torping with only 6.4 range.
  • Outspotted by the Kami-Gang: 0.6 km.
  • Lacking gunpower.
  • Can't torp DDs.

Conclusion: You suck around the cap and have to get too close for torping, especially with your disadvantage in concealment.

[TTT]
Players
3,577 posts
7,456 battles
3 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

0.4 km window for stealth torping with only 6.4 range. 

Outspotted by the Kami-Gang: 0.6 km. 

Lacking gunpower. 

still better than Acasta tho, at least the Jianwei can Stealtorp, and its torps are pretty decent except for the range...

Sign in to follow this