You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

T3 Operation "Saving Transylvania" - How did it go for you? (Funny/Bad stories).

54 comments in this topic

Players
1,202 posts
4,944 battles

So how's this Op gone for you so far?

Personally I just give up with how utterly poor the majority of our player-base has become over the past few years, with the IQ race to bottom increasing in speed everyday!

Apparently sailing and shooting is just "too Hard" to do as I was told in chat by 2 Clan-based players when we failed to save the Transylvania. OK, maybe there was lots of new players on the team - NOPE, only 1 guy hadn't been playing long enough to play this before so the rest have absolutely ZERO excuse for playing as badly as they did.

TBH I'm not sure I'll play this for a bit as 319XP for 10 minutes of work is a waste of my time and patience so I think I'll wait for a week until people have a clue before trying again but good luck to anyone playing this!!!!

wows581.jpg

• Cool 2

[BFS]
Beta Tester
753 posts
4,577 battles

I've not played this operation before and I'm trying to find as much about it before I join in.

Was it run for higher tiers last time?  I've seen TIX games on YouTube.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,861 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, BrusilovX sagte:

the ships were the same in the last two years, but it might be that they were labeled as a different tier then

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,388 posts
14,127 battles

4 games played:

2x 5 stars

1x 4 stars

1x Defeat

Nothing remarkable. Enough.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
753 posts
4,577 battles
3 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

the ships were the same in the last two years, but it might be that they were labeled as a different tier then

Thanks

[_MIA_]
Players
2,902 posts
5,349 battles
4 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I've not played this operation before and I'm trying to find as much about it before I join in.

2 Years ago we only had the current halloween OP.

Last year they introduced another one (aswell as this years, the one with subs).

First Halloween OP was always T3 ships (Igor, Jackal, Blade)

2nd OP was T8.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,861 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, BrusilovX sagte:

Thanks

Vor 3 Minuten, DFens_666 sagte:

First Halloween OP was always T3 ships (Igor, Jackal, Blade)

but they were labeled as tier XI, as least in 2016, as you can see for example here

hall.thumb.JPG.17c318cda6b80e4c981541fdea2c4275.JPG

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,822 battles

1st try 5 stars.
I was the only Blade (DD) on the team and I smoked the Transylvania in the critical moments (the three bigger waves of Zikasas).
Easy.

[_MIA_]
Players
2,902 posts
5,349 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

but they were labeled as tier XI, as least in 2016, as you can see for example here

hall.thumb.JPG.17c318cda6b80e4c981541fdea2c4275.JPG

Indeed :cap_hmm:

didnt recall that

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
619 posts
5,660 battles

I remember this being fun but absolutely solid difficult last year.

[AAA-]
Players
631 posts
4,791 battles

5 stars first try we wuz good random team then I got a Kiev razorworm / Boris Veber mission out of pumpkin.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,013 posts

From the previous 2 years, I remember this being good fun, but extremely frustrating at times. Lot's of idiots not keeping up with Tranny or even going back to hunt down the few Zikasas that spawn at the back.

But I had some good fun playing it the past years, so I'll definately be giving it a go again.

(and no, not just because I'm a completionist and I NEED that achievement for 5-starring all three operations :Smile_teethhappy:)

Alpha Tester
1,744 posts
4,631 battles
31 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Any thoughts on captain skills for the 3 ships?

I have only played one game in the mode (well, this year) and that was in the Jackal. However, since the bots/catapults will prioritise every other ship class before you, the captain skills have little impact (great feature, WG). In any case, just go for the maximum survivability skills, so:

1. Priority Target
  2. Adrenaline Rush, Jack of All Trades, High Alert, Expert Marksman
  3. Basics of Survivability, Superintendent
  4. Fire Prevention

Expert Marksman isn't really necessary but it is the best choice for the last two points unless the Jackal is prone to rudder or gun damage (I doubt it, and even then, the last point after Preventative Maintenance would need to be used on a useless skill).

As for Blade, I would pick:

1. Priority Target, Preventative Maintenance
  2. Last Stand, Adrenaline Rush
  3. Survivability Expert, Torpedo Armament Expertise, Superintendent
  4. Concealment Expert

Igor isn't all that useful in this mode in my opinion, but since your concealment is mostly worthless, I would give her the same captain skills as the Jackal. You don't need IFHE except for a the deck armour between the bow/aft and the superstructure of the Zikasa (if the armour layout is the same as Mikasa, that is) so that is a viable option, I suppose.

• Cool 1

Players
3,453 posts
7,229 battles
3 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Igor isn't all that useful in this mode in my opinion, but since your concealment is mostly worthless, I would give her the same captain skills as the Jackal. 

Agree with you on skills but IIRC Igor is very useful, the 3 ships have different roles;

• Jackall (BB) - destroy the catapults with AP;
  • Igor (CA) - burn down Zikassas and Rasputin;
  • Blade (DD) - evasion tank the catapults, smoke Tranny, torp the Zikassa but most importantly stay alive and torp Rasputin at the end.

Players
2,869 posts
5,153 battles

I dont know. This OP seems to finaly confirm: yes, playerbase is getting worse. Its the third year im playing this and it was never this bad? Our 3-man-divi: 18 kills. Rest 4: 2. yepyep. I died suicide-rushing the Rasputin. Would have actually been a 5-star-win then.

shot-18_10.18_17_07.06-0620.thumb.jpg.1734ff64e1c01aa668f87e3dec431669.jpg

Alpha Tester
1,744 posts
4,631 battles
29 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

Igor (CA) - burn down Zikassas and Rasputin;

I just introduced Rasputin to my double fist bow (so lewd) but I see your point. We did have one Igor on my 5 star run but between the Blades and the Jackals, the Zikasas died pretty quickly. Having played an Igor game just now (which we lost thanks to moronic BB captains), I can say that the DPM came in handy but weak the anti-catapult capabilities (see remark about bad BBs) really made me wish that I had picked a Jackal instead. 

[R-U]
Players
45 posts
3,054 battles

Have tried it 2 times. Failed both times and thinking of uninstalling game until this rubbish is gone and event finished. Make me so mad haha

[HMSR]
Players
1,630 posts
5,857 battles

So, this year.

1st game-fail, bcuz going the long way around the map taktik. 

2nd game-4star, would have been 5 if transilvania didnt stop. 

Players
672 posts
7,937 battles

Had a game today, second go at the mission where when we are half way through a DD and BB peel from the group go north and return to the spawn area... The whole team is screaming for them to return and they do nothing.. we had the game right up until they decided to go and do... I have no idea what they were trying to do.. and to add insult to injury they both survived the game, marked red..

Screenshot (372).png

WOW.png

[BONI]
Players
1,019 posts
8,771 battles

Too many people lagging behind or going the wrong route. I'm content with 4 stars, I'm doing Sunray now for better earnings and directive progress.

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,908 posts
16,257 battles
34 minutes ago, PutteQuick_1 said:

How did it go?

Cant for my Life figure out how to get the ships to try it... :cap_wander:

You go in port to Aditional Content/Halloween  and enable them.

You nub...:Smile_veryhappy:

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
3,908 posts
16,257 battles
3 hours ago, Capra76 said:
  •  smoke Tranny

conchita-wurst-shoots-down-lady-gaga-tour-rumors-01.jpg

c6d.thumb.png.aa52e4de79407c541989c06cbef7692f.png

:Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1