Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HidesHisFace

The destroyer limit - not working AT ALL

23 comments in this topic

Players
153 posts
1,935 battles

Let's quote the patch notes:

In response to numerous requests from players, the forthcoming Update will introduce a "soft" limit on the number of destroyers in Random Battles to a maximum of four per team. The rule will be triggered if matchmaking for a battle takes less than three minutes for the first player in the queue for that battle. If the timer passes that point, the "old" matchmaking rules will apply. 

So yeah. This does not work at all. In fact, I see more destroyers that EVER before. And I waited less than 3 minutes - more around 20 seconds in fact.

Here's a screenshot taken literal minutes ago.

destroyer cap.jpg

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

[SCRUB]
Players
558 posts
10,584 battles

The fact that you waited that long doesn't mean that others didn't wait for more than 3 minutes. 

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,318 posts
13,604 battles

EHhehehe....:cap_wander_2: Yupp, perhaps they accidentally got it reversed or then the queue is just that:etc_swear: long. :cap_old:

So yupp, just what he said then. :Smile_Default:

[_MIA_]
Players
2,942 posts
5,366 battles

Probably one of the CVs was in queue too long :cap_old:

Because even DDs/Cruisers arent matched by numbers, which is a second indicator

• Cool 5

Players
2,031 posts
5,926 battles
5 hours ago, HidesHisFace said:

Let's quote the patch notes:

In response to numerous requests from players, the forthcoming Update will introduce a "soft" limit on the number of destroyers in Random Battles to a maximum of four per team. The rule will be triggered if matchmaking for a battle takes less than three minutes for the first player in the queue for that battle. If the timer passes that point, the "old" matchmaking rules will apply. 

So yeah. This does not work at all. In fact, I see more destroyers that EVER before. And I waited less than 3 minutes - more around 20 seconds in fact.

destroyer cap.jpg

I haven't tried ingame battle yet, but if this is gonna be standard matcmmaking, looks like no point and fun anymore playing BB (or I play in coop only).

5 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Probably one of the CVs was in queue too long :cap_old:

Because even DDs/Cruisers arent matched by numbers, which is a second indicator

Ah yes, this makes sense :Smile_great:

[_XII_]
Players
273 posts
2,339 battles

Still find it extremely funny that BBs are complaining about matchmaking afters 3 years of 5 BBs in practically every match and being 1-shot-killed in a cruiser.

Plz give me a break about how unfair it is to play this game...:cap_cool:

• Cool 3

[ONE2]
Players
2,318 posts
13,604 battles
1 hour ago, FooFaFie said:

Still find it extremely funny that BBs are complaining about matchmaking afters 3 years of 5 BBs in practically every match and being 1-shot-killed in a cruiser.

Plz give me a break about how unfair it is to play this game...:cap_cool:

Hhheey! Still, it HAS been worse...:Smile_great: Was in a 23 BB match once, long ago, in a Hipper (Mountain Range map, tier 9-10 mostly)... Can't say I enjoyed it all that much. BUT mercifully I did not have to suffer for long.:cap_wander_2::etc_swear::fish_boom:

• Funny 3

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles

Wasnt it mentioned it was a softcap, and after a 2-3mins it skips the softcap? :Smile_Default:

[KAKE]
Players
649 posts
2,712 battles
1 minute ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Wasnt it mentioned it was a softcap, and after a 2-3mins it skips the softcap? :Smile_Default:

Yeah, it even says so in the patch notes that op quotes in the first post, and still sees fit to complain about.

I mean, the patch came out a couple of hours ago. It's barely past lunchtime in most of Europe, and player numbers aren't exactly at peak... no wonder matchmaking is a bit skewed.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SWTP]
Players
279 posts
5,692 battles

It is a soft cap and it was a CV queuing for too long. Then anything can happen in mm. 

• Cool 1

[ETD5]
Players
203 posts
1,453 battles
4 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Indeed. And also this match included CVs, so if one of them was waiting for lot of time (i think more than 5 minutes) not only the soft cap is not taken into acount, also the mirrored MM (same class and tier ship) is reverted to "old" status.

[-HUN-]
Players
648 posts
7,839 battles
9 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Hhheey! Still, it HAS been worse...:Smile_great: Was in a 23 BB match once, long ago, in a Hipper (Mountain Range map, tier 9-10 mostly)... Can't say i enjoyed it much. BUT luckily I did not have to suffer for long.:cap_wander_2::etc_swear::fish_boom:

Oh please. Old Fuso A hull first game in Ocean map down tier. Nothing is worse than that. Died in a sec.

• Funny 2

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles
4 hours ago, Humorpalanta said:

Oh please. Old Fuso A hull first game in Ocean map down tier. Nothing is worse than that. Died in a sec.

Fear not my friend, WG will make Yamashiro, and dat will be a'la A hull Fuso, so you'll be able to relive all the joys of it again :Smile_trollface:

4 hours ago, DariusJacek said:

It is a soft cap and it was a CV queuing for too long. Then anything can happen in mm. 

Between 3-7am the MM can make quite the lol matches, as it always did, i'll never forget a while ago, at 4am, 2vs2, nedless to say all 4of us sayd, "only ramming allowed" was a gem match :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
2,085 posts
8,203 battles

Maybe it has been said already:

Today is the release of a new DD line. 

The soft limit cannot work with so many DDs in queue. 

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,318 posts
13,604 battles
27 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Shoot!:Smile_amazed: You're right of course. Totally forgot that too. :Smile_sceptic: Yeeah, there's gonna be a plaque of DD's all over the place the entire week now then. Oh well, guess I'll have to take my Cleveland out for a bit of spin then. :Smile_smile:RADAR SHIPS OF THE WORLD UNITE!! :Smile_izmena:

UNITE.jpg.1ef8db71887a32960c29a9734d74d9ab.jpg

• Funny 1

Players
50 posts
4,846 battles

33 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Strange that WG didn't foresee a lot more DDs playing when they release a DD line.

And you can't blame CVs waiting for 3 minutes to trigger it. Count the CVs and DDs in this one.

shot-18.10.18_13.57.15-0154.jpg

[MIRAI]
Players
1,021 posts
9,423 battles
2 hours ago, HidesHisFace said:

So you have one example where the soft cap didn't apply (my guess: One of the CVs has been waiting for three minutes), and you come here with "The destroyer limit - not working AT ALL"? Really?

[SQRL]
Players
73 posts
9,990 battles

Only played a few games today before i gave up, but the 4 limit worked ok for me - despite 75+% of the ships in the queue being DDs - so i would say nice job.

[MIRAI]
Players
1,021 posts
9,423 battles
2 minutes ago, Chuckabutty said:

Strange that WG didn't foresee a lot more DDs playing when they release a DD line.

I am sure WG expects many people playing the new DD line but what should they do? It is as always, new BB line - many BB, US crusier split - many CA/CL. This will go down to usual numbers in a few weeks.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
38 posts

Its an MM dump. One of the CVs probably sat in the queue until the time limit. So it made a game with what it had. When this happens the MM reverts back to the old MM and removes hard caps. Same thing happens when you get 7 vs 7 etc. 

Players
3,284 posts
6,868 battles
2 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Fear not my friend, WG will make Yamashiro, and dat will be a'la A hull Fuso, so you'll be able to relive all the joys of it again :Smile_trollface:

12x 356mm at tier 5 might be interesting tho. Fuso already proves you don't need accuracy if you can throw enough stuff at someone, something will stick. So tier 5 Fuso either will need like 12km range or get negative sigma

Already come up with gimmick for her - base concealment of 18km, but when firing concealment drops to match 12km range:cap_cool:

• Funny 1

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles
55 minutes ago, Panocek said:

12x 356mm at tier 5 might be interesting tho. Fuso already proves you don't need accuracy if you can throw enough stuff at someone

You can do a experiment if youl like to see that that is 100% spot on. 

Take 2 pals ina division, all three use T7 Lion ok, then all three shoot the same target at the same time, used to be fun with Fuso till the new ship came, 46 shells is just too good, screw the accuracy :Smile_trollface:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,068 battles

Im gonna play so much Belfast... Mmmmmm

Sign in to follow this