You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bartleby_Badger

Royal Navy event craps on casual players

43 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts

Ignoring that one of the directives is Cossack only - so only available to wallet warriors at the moment...

Another directive is scenario only for ships of tier V or higher - when the Halloween scenario is a tier III scenario - fine if you can get to play in big divisions and choose your scenario, craps on all the casual players - again. All the other directives are able to be earned in scenarios with Tier V or above ships too. Instead of complete 4 of 6 directives to unlock, its a case of empty your wallet or your restricted to these 4 missions.

Do WG devs make crap decisions like this on purpose?

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,403 posts

The ships for the scenario are tier VIII. So they fullfill the tier V requirement.

Oops... missed the other three ships in the port. Sorry you are correct on this one.

The cossack mission is rewarding a small amount of captain XP only in all steps of the mission arc. Not something extremely valuable and easily earned otherwise.

1/10

Please don't rant like this again.

Edit: Even with my earlier mistake this assessment remains valid.

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles

The event IS for casual players.

You finish most directives just by playing a few games. I do not even bother looking at the task description anymore.

Tier V is not a hard requirement, even for casual players, and serves to protect new players Tier IV and below.

When missions started at Tier IV, I played a lot more Tier IV battles.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

Tier V is not a hard requirement, even for casual players, and serves to protect new players Tier IV and below. 

When missions started at Tier IV, I played a lot more Tier IV battles.

that's not his point. There is a mission to earn stars in operations with the usual Tier V+, but the current op of the week, the first Helloween mission, uses Tier III ships, so you cannot earn the stars...

Beta Tester
1,154 posts
1,373 battles

As a casual player I have found zero issues with these missions, I have got all 4 done within about 7-8 battles just playing fairly normally.  

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

that's not his point. There is a mission to earn stars in operations with the usual Tier V+, but the current op of the week, the first Helloween mission, uses Tier III ships, so you cannot earn the stars...

That has nothing to do with being casual or being a regular player.

And yes, there are channels in game were you can look for divisionsmates for OPs.

Players
11 posts

I'm not saying the other directives are difficult to achieve - I'm just pointing out the stupidity of directives which are not accessible - Despite Egoleter's inane reply, tier III ships are the ONLY ones available in the current scenario making one of the directives impossible. Having a directive restricted to the Cossack when completing each stage of the event revards Guineas so you can get a Cossack... o-kay...

It's not like earlier events where you could go back and complete objectives after earning the ship (like with Duke of York).

• Cool 1

[PIKAS]
Beta Tester
1,195 posts
5,521 battles

if you have already a Cossack, your aim is for the 9200 dublones when you change your Guineas for it............

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,403 posts
1 minute ago, Bartleby_Badger said:

Despite Egoleter's inane reply,

Yeah, whatever. I think a rant is much more silly then what I posted.

In case you wonder how a proper report on such an issue looks like, you can find it here:

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/107527-update-0710-general-feedback/?do=findComment&comment=2687732

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles

Make a division, select an old scenario, problem solved.

Divisionsmates can be found in ingame chat.

If you are that casual that you cannot get bothered to do that, you should not get bothered by the mission either.

• Boring 1

Players
11 posts
2 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Yeah, whatever. I think a rant is much more silly then what I posted.

Yeah whatever - at least I know the difference between 3 and 8.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,403 posts
1 minute ago, Bartleby_Badger said:

Yeah whatever - at least I know the difference between 3 and 8.

In case you havn't noticed: I changed my post a minute after I created it and admitted that mistake. I am absolutly open and honest about such things.

Everyone can miss a detail or two. Seems like I am not the only who does.

• Cool 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
701 posts
17,415 battles
35 minutes ago, Bartleby_Badger said:

Ignoring that one of the directives is Cossack only - so only available to wallet warriors at the moment...

Another directive is scenario only for ships of tier V or higher - when the Halloween scenario is a tier III scenario - fine if you can get to play in big divisions and choose your scenario, craps on all the casual players - again. All the other directives are able to be earned in scenarios with Tier V or above ships too. Instead of complete 4 of 6 directives to unlock, its a case of empty your wallet or your restricted to these 4 missions.

Do WG devs make crap decisions like this on purpose?

If you are casual then dont take it so seriously.

Players
11 posts
6 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Make a division, select an old scenario, problem solved.

Divisionsmates can be found in ingame chat.

I've tried this in the past - after almost 2 hours I finally assembled a division and two of them went AFK at the start of the scenario - not fun...

• Funny 1

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles
4 minutes ago, Bartleby_Badger said:

I've tried this in the past - after almost 2 hours I finally assembled a division and two of them went AFK at the start of the scenario - not fun...

That should be different today or you are the only one bothered by the mission.

[NED]
Players
4,023 posts
10,901 battles

I'm missing the point OP. I really like this mission set. Finally not such ridiculous demands like "kill 20 pan American cruisers by fires with RN cruisers" or nonsense like that. The missions can be done with casual play in all game modes. OK, perhaps not on this one Halloween scenario but plenty other options. And the mission was clear from the beginning: you need to buy 1 or 2 (Can't recall that exactly) of those guinees. The rest you can win. And that's possible even if you don't have a RN DD at all.

• Cool 1

Players
11 posts
5 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That should be different today or you are the only one bothered by the mission.

There's one guy in the searching for division channel - he's been asking for an hour now...

[FRDF]
Players
176 posts
2,810 battles
2 minutes ago, Bartleby_Badger said:

There's one guy in the searching for division channel - he's been asking for an hour now...

Its still work and school hours in europe, so maybe wait that ppl come home and should have no problems.

Players
11 posts
7 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I'm missing the point OP. I really like this mission set. Finally not such ridiculous demands like "kill 20 pan American cruisers by fires with RN cruisers" or nonsense like that. The missions can be done with casual play in all game modes. OK, perhaps not on this one Halloween scenario but plenty other options. And the mission was clear from the beginning: you need to buy 1 or 2 (Can't recall that exactly) of those guinees. The rest you can win. And that's possible even if you don't have a RN DD at all.

I agree the mission demands are reasonable in comparison with the lunacy they have come up with in the past. But there's a difference in asking someone to pay £20 now to have access to all the content (assuming they've got all the guineas so far) and asking for £1.50  at the end of the event to get the same ship - some of us don't have money to waste on the prospect of getting unwanted doubloons in two months' time..

Individually the directive rewards might not be much, but over the course of the current update if one mission in each section is Cossack only that'll be 20 missions and their rewards unavailable. With scenario missions unavailable for solo play, that's another 20 - then there's the next update too... That's called hiding content behind a paywall - but that's another rant!

Players
2,267 posts
4 minutes ago, Bartleby_Badger said:

With scenario missions unavailable for solo play, that's another 20 - then there's the next update too... That's called hiding content behind a paywall - but that's another rant!

Maybe for a completist but you can get the guineas without those missions. 

Players
11 posts
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Up to now there was no Cossack only mission. Your calculation is flawed.

5 weeks to this update with 4 stages per week - if there's one in each that makes 20 Cossack only directives.
How is the calculation flawed?

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles

Usually it is 4 weeks per update.

And is there one Cossack mission per stage this week?

And if you are such a completionists, why do you call yourself a casual player?

Your behaviour does not sound casual. Casual player miss content all the time.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
5,872 posts
Vor 7 Minuten, ColonelPete sagte:

Usually it is 4 weeks per update.

but not for this update...

on the other hand: from the next week on the scenario of the week are played with Tier 8 & 7 ships, so they should qualify for the RN missions without the need for a divison...