Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_H_Nelson

Anybody else had their forum settings changed?

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
2,671 posts
12,087 battles

...or is it just me?

 

Got up early so decided to check the forum.  I always use the "classic" theme. What I saw was NOT "classic" .

 

Therefore I did a quick investigation and found that the theme had been set to "default ".

 

Was there a mass reset of users chosen theme to default? (Of course people using the default would never notice)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,671 posts
12,087 battles

I commend you on your use of the English language.

Shakespeare could not have put it better.

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PUPSI]
Players
5,857 posts

the forum was down for maintenance early this morning, maybe this maintenance was responsible for the reset...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts

Had the switch as well.

The classic theme now has several places where it looks different. Just two examples:

  • The previously red line that was used as a marker between new and old thread content, it is now more blue(ish)
  • New thread content markers, previously red as well, are now a dark grey.

 

Those changes don't fit the rest of the color settings for the classic theme. It seems like they are mixed up with the "white" theme.

 

@Crysantos @MrConway

Do you happen to have any more information about this?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,469 posts
5,724 battles

Looks a little different to me aswell... And I never fiddeled around with the forum settings. Also, my NoScript is blocking more scripts that the last time (last saturday) I was here...

:cap_yes:

Am I the only one with gazillion of "new" emotes???

 

🏁 🏳️‍🌈 8️⃣ 📎 🚈 🎍 🥥 🐘 🙏 😔 dafuq? @MrConway isn't that a bit overkill?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts

I guess those are all the default emojis for the forum software. With their preview pictures sized way to small to be recognizable.

 

Whatever work was done to the forums, it looks like it broke more things then it fixed.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,222 posts
11,308 battles
1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

Had the switch as well.

The classic theme now has several places where it looks different. Just two examples:

  • The previously red line that was used as a marker between new and old thread content, it is now more blue(ish)
  • New thread content markers, previously red as well, are now a dark grey.

 

Those changes don't fit the rest of the color settings for the classic theme. It seems like they are mixed up with the "white" theme.

 

@Crysantos @MrConway

Do you happen to have any more information about this?

Good morning! Mine got reset as well, I'm investigating 🙂

 

Greetings, Crysantos

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts
7 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

Good morning! Mine got reset as well, I'm investigating 🙂

 

Greetings, Crysantos

Thanks a lot. :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,864 posts
2,152 battles
58 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Looks a little different to me aswell... And I never fiddeled around with the forum settings. Also, my NoScript is blocking more scripts that the last time (last saturday) I was here...

:cap_yes:

Am I the only one with gazillion of "new" emotes???

 

🏁 🏳️‍🌈 8️⃣ 📎 🚈 🎍 🥥 🐘 🙏 😔 dafuq? @MrConway isn't that a bit overkill?

 

You can never have too many emotes but those look... 

 

We'll investigate!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FRDF]
Players
175 posts
2,810 battles

image.thumb.png.d62a93c6d3dd3432f48623dff97a30b9.png

Also it seems like staff posts use different background than normal posts 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
947 battles
1 minute ago, Naesil said:

...

Also it seems like staff posts use different background than normal posts 🙂

Indeed.


If you notice anything else that doesn't fit into the theme, any other issue, etc..., please report it to us (in this thread).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,970 posts
4,955 battles
4 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

I commend you on your use of the English language.

Shakespeare could not have put it better.

 

A yes is really enough, you need a dissertation to be told "yes, my setting changed too"?

 

And yes, went from black to white settings.

  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
6,912 posts
9,129 battles

Okay, who was the guy to watch the UI department, because they got out again ...

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,741 posts
4,624 battles
1 hour ago, Sehales said:

If you notice anything else that doesn't fit into the theme, any other issue, etc..., please report it to us (in this thread).

 

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but now we have some pretty contrasting (and rather large) forum/game rules links at the top of every page:

Links.thumb.PNG.0976cc25f088a238c6b684670da827ac.PNG

 

36 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Okay, who was the guy to watch the UI department, because they got out again ...

 

Maybe the game UI "developer" got transferred to the website development department? :cap_hmm:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,876 posts
6,749 battles
1 hour ago, Sehales said:

If you notice anything else that doesn't fit into the theme, any other issue, etc..., please report it to us (in this thread).

 

On mobile you can't see clantags anymore while reading a thread. Dunno if it really matters, but thought to point it out. Secondly, is it really necessary to view these Rule/Guide tabs in the beginning of every single thread:

 

Reallunecsacsdf.thumb.png.c132349e793d1f3c7f3ebca70bcceee9.png

 

Iirc that was a thing back then when the forums were updated to the new software, people disliked it as it took unnecessary space and thus it was changed so that those tabs/links were not shown inside the individual threads anymore.

 


 

@Kartoffelmos Damned mindreader! :Smile_trollface::Smile-_tongue:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
6,912 posts
9,129 battles
10 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

Maybe the game UI "developer" got transferred to the website development department? :cap_hmm:

Which is why there's supposed to be a person overseeing those UI gremlins. You never know through what nooks and crannies they squeeze themselves.

I mean, just look at the size of the new emotes, it's obvious they were designed to fit into the smallest possible spaces!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,671 posts
12,087 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Which is why there's supposed to be a person overseeing those UI gremlins. You never know through what nooks and crannies they squeeze themselves.

I mean, just look at the size of the new emotes, it's obvious they were designed to fit into the smallest possible spaces!

Everything is getting smaller these days: New Apartments, Candy bars, McDonald's hamburgers....why even this morning in the shower I......(On second thoughts I won't go there)

  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
947 battles
1 hour ago, Kartoffelmos said:

 

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but now we have some pretty contrasting (and rather large) forum/game rules links at the top of every page:

...

No, they shouldn't be visible in threads. I will report it as well.

As mentioned by @WolfGewehr, it is the forum default and we changed it for the last version. As the core of the forum software is not made by us, I assume that the update rolled back that change... Sorry for that, I will report it as well.

1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

Which is why there's supposed to be a person overseeing those UI gremlins. You never know through what nooks and crannies they squeeze themselves.

I mean, just look at the size of the new emotes, it's obvious they were designed to fit into the smallest possible spaces!

The tests went fine, so there must have been some issue with the deployment that wasn't noticed. The web devs are looking into it. 😕

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×