5 comments in this topic

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,245 posts
8,046 battles

:Smile_honoring: fellow Forumites / WoWs Captains,

Since Ranked Sprint is going live in a few days, i am checking my Captains Skills for improvements.

I am not 100% sure if there any improvements i can do to my Captains, so that they are optimal skilled for Ranked Sprint.

So..... I hope you/someone can help me with finding the optimal skill setup and/or can tell me if my current skills are optimal already.

Since i love playing Destroyers, i will be mainly playing the Kamikaze + Kamikaze R.

I have 2 dedicated 19 point Captains, currently both with the same Skills setup.

My current 19 point build for both Captains: (PT + PM + AR + LS + SE + TAE + SI + CE)

priority_target.png preventive_maintenance.png

adrenaline_rush.png last_stand.png

survivability_expert.png torpedo_armament_expertise.png

superintendent.png

concealment_expert.png

What do you guys/girls think?

Optimal setup for Ranked Sprint or some changes could/should be made?

All constructive comments and/or tips to improve my current Captain setup, will be greatly appreciated. 

Ship_PJSD025_True_Kamikaze.png Ship_PJSD026_Camo_Kamikaze.png

[GOT]
[GOT]
Players
52 posts
4,674 battles

When will SI be useful? In general for tier 5 ships I don't like using (many) premium consumables. However for ranked I happily put on premium smoke at least, likely also engine boost. So then the question is: Are you really going to run out of 3 smokes in a Kamikaze? I don't have them, but I really don't see them running out of smoke in a ranked battle with premium smoke used. 

If you get rid of SI, the question is what you will replace it for. You can do away with PM and get radio location, just to know where enemy DDs are, which would imo be a solid choice. Normally I wouldn't put SE on an IJN DD, but with 19 point captain you got some margin for generally less useful skills, and it will provide a quite substantial HP boost. The other 3 point commander skills seem less useful to me on a kamikaze (vigilance is mainly useful in case you camp smoke, which you won't do often with kamikaze. And DE isn't great combo with kami).

• Cool 1

[-GG-]
Players
134 posts
9,860 battles

Sorry, but not having icon_RadioPositionFinding_dark.png (or wasting 4 pts on useless +1500 HP and Priority Target on a DD that is supposed to never been seen)

is just ... not smart.

I'd take your build maybe for sth like Ognievoi (a kind of hybrid gunt/torp DD) but not for Kamikaze or any other IJN torpboat.

• Cool 1

[POI--]
Players
3,185 posts
4,331 battles
4 hours ago, radius77 said:

Sorry, but not having icon_RadioPositionFinding_dark.png (or wasting 4 pts on useless +1500 HP and Priority Target on a DD that is supposed to never been seen)

is just ... not smart.

I'd take your build maybe for sth like Ognievoi (a kind of hybrid gunt/torp DD) but not for Kamikaze or any other IJN torpboat.

I'd likely take 1.5k hp over another smoke and engine boost.

Personally, I'd go PM, LS, AR, TAE, BFT (or SE), CE, RPF though. Apart from second 3 pt skill it's pretty straightforward imo, with BFT increasing dpm a bit, SE increasing the hp. Likely SE is better, as it's about 13% or so increase in hp, while the other is an 11% increase in firepower and SE helps against getting blapped by things other than DDs, while the increased gunpower is mostly useful for putting down other DDs if you really have to.

• Cool 1

[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,245 posts
8,046 battles

Thanks for the replies guys/girls.

I decided to try 2 builds.

Build 1 on Kamikaze Captain (my current build)

priority_target.png preventive_maintenance.png adrenaline_rush.png last_stand.png survivability_expert.png torpedo_armament_expertise.png superintendent.png concealment_expert.png

Build 2 for Kamikaze R Captain (Riselotte's build)

preventive_maintenance.png adrenaline_rush.png last_stand.png torpedo_armament_expertise.png basic_firing_training.png radio_position.png concealment_expert.png

For build 2, i am still not 100% sure if i want BFT or SE.

Sign in to follow this