Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

The Pumpkin harvest has gone rotten this year.

102 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,819 battles
Spoiler

I'm talking solely about the premium containers that can be bought through premium shop - the event itself I have nothing against. 

Remember the last year's pumpkin harvest?
Remember the excellent value per buck spent?
Remember the mountains of doubloons after you collected all camouflages?

Well, seems like WG won't make the same ""mistake"" twice!
After all, we can't have players getting more value than they paid for!

Spoiler

A container provides only one of the above-mentioned items. Please note the following: camouflages provided in containers can be received only once. If you already have all special camouflages, you will get other items from containers.

image.png.d75fd64c159cf46fd8b2c0263247605e.png
So, will you be buying the Pumpkin containers this year?
From me, it's a big and decisive NO.

• Cool 7

[HMSR]
Players
1,629 posts
5,846 battles

Welp, guess i'll pass on these, got the cammos from last year, was kinda hoping for the doubloons again :Smile_smile:

[CATS]
Players
13,584 posts
10,382 battles

How is that rotten?

And completly ignoring that you can earn 5 star rewards for five campaigns, even you did some of them before.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,819 battles
17 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

Welp, guess i'll pass on these, got the cammos from last year, was kinda hoping for the doubloons again :Smile_smile:

My sentiments exactly.
Paying 3 euros for mostly 15x "Halloween" camouflage patterns is ridiculous.

13 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

How is that rotten?

Compared to last year's harvest it's crawling with (cash) grub.
Last Halloween I was able to stock up to the brim with flags (speed flags, heal flags - 75 pieces a pop), camos and doubloons far exceeding the value set in standard premium shop (if you got duplicitous perma-camouflage you got refunded it's full doubloon value). There's a safety against that this year.

I'm talking solely about the premium containers that can be bought through premium shop - the event itself I have nothing against. 

• Cool 5

[HMSR]
Players
1,629 posts
5,846 battles
15 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I'm talking solely about the premium containers that can be bought through premium shop - the event itself I have nothing against. 

I should have made myself a bit more clear, the premium shop containers is what i ment, the duplicate haloween cammos were given in the respectable ammount of doubloons, that's what im missing this year, i was hoping for a rerun of that  :Smile_Default:

Edit: the event itself is super my book, cant wait to have at it  :)

Edited by Major_Damage225
  • Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 17 Minuten, Blixies sagte:

Paying 3 euros for mostly 15x "Halloween" camouflage patterns is ridiculous.

where did you find the price for those boxes?

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,819 battles
4 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

where did you find the price for those boxes?

It was just a guess, isn't 3 euro a standard price for almost all containers though?

[PUPSI]
Players
5,859 posts
Vor 1 Minute, Blixies sagte:

isn't 3 euro a standard price for almost all containers though?

no, it always depends on the content. For example the RN containers are 2,70€, the US cruiser containers are 4,50€...

and perhaps WG has recognized that it is not a good idea to distribute cheap doubloons like with a watering can, like last year Helloween or the last Santa Boxes...that was kind of "devaluing" doubloons...

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,876 posts
36 minutes ago, Klopirat said:

that was kind of "devaluing" doubloons...

The biggest "devaluing" is the removal of stuff you can buy with doubloons (mainly premium ships in the techtree in 0.7.1).

• Cool 10

Beta Tester
2,055 posts
8,188 battles

So they're in the shop now.

Just a shadow of their former self.

Gonna spend my moneyz elswhere, I guess.

I actually have all the TX with most TX-perma-camos and tons of FXP anyway.

Was just after a nice deal. Joke's on WG with this one.

• Cool 2

Players
11 posts
5,445 battles

yup the halloween containers are pretty much dead for me aswell. WG has been doing very questionable lately on these crates.

-the royal navy ones were pretty meh

-the ovechkin ones are overpriced as ****

-the halloween ones have been nerfed into the ground, the non perma camo's are mediocre even restless fire has suffered a lot from powercreep and no doubloons for double perma camo's just outright kills their value.

and going by the dev blog the upcoming black friday ones seem veeeeery questionable aswell

• Cool 2

[5D]
Players
388 posts
19,690 battles

i usually buy at least 40 of every container, but they are just getting so bad i havnt bought any boxes in ages. and i am (was) a massive wallet warrior 

• Cool 5

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,970 posts
4,957 battles
13 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

massive wallet warrior 

Whales, we are called whales, we still use in game assets, not our wallets.

But yes, that is the gist of the thread, WG is alienating the paying players at an alarming rate.

[JRM]
Players
675 posts
12,272 battles

Well its the basic principle of trade,  you got lots of sales try to improve  profits easiest way to di it is to raise prices, we shoud ignore the merchanduse that doesnt give value for money we expect and it will move into other direction

[BYOB]
Players
2,686 posts
9,840 battles

I was lucky last year, in that I got all of the Halloween camos. This year I just wanted the Mogami skin. But those prices scare me off.

Looking at the German section I see people listing what they got from the big packages, so there are enough buyers for those overpriced pumpkins to keep the price where it is.

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,970 posts
4,957 battles
10 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I was lucky last year, in that I got all of the Halloween camos. This year I just wanted the Mogami skin. But those prices scare me off.

Same here.

10 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Looking at the German section I see people listing what they got from the big packages, so there enough buyers for those overpriced pumpkins to keep the price where it is.

A fool and its money...

• Cool 1

Players
1,962 posts
5,901 battles
25 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Looking at the German section I see people listing what they got from the big packages, so there enough buyers for those overpriced pumpkins to keep the price where it is.

I'm unable to find this in the German section. I only found a bit about the hockey crates. Where exactly is it?

[BYOB]
Players
2,686 posts
9,840 battles
12 minutes ago, Juanx said:

A fool and its money...

Indeed. I'm sorely tempted because of the Mogami skin, but my brain reminds me that the chance to really get it is so low I shouldn't even consider buying. Also, buying the standard perma camo would cost me less, most likely.

What I find strange is that they put the space camos in the shop with the reason that people didn't like the RNG on Halloween camos, and now we have RNG boxes for Halloween.

1 minute ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I'm unable to find this in the German section. I only found a bit about the hockey crates. Where exactly is it?

Here you go:

• Cool 1

Players
1,202 posts
4,944 battles

On 10/19/2018 at 6:40 PM, IanH755 said:

Thanks for the info - For those very low "15 camo" rewards (which is what you would mainly get) I wouldn't pay very much at all, say less than £0.50 (half a Euro) per crate but I'm guessing WG will ramp the price up over £1 (in your post of 60 crates I'd expect WG to charge around £55) so even myself, as a huge "must buy containers" whale, won't be buying any!

Quoted from another topic about the Halloween Crates vs Value for Money - As I said on the 19th, I think WG will massively over-price these and I think they won't sell anywhere near the number they'd hope for and 2 weeks later - Oh Look, 40 crates for £70 (the sub & commander can be got in-game for free) - WG must be smoking a serious amount of crack at HQ!!!!!!!

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,686 posts
9,840 battles
3 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

Quoted from another topic about the Halloween Crates vs Value for Money - As I said on the 19th, I think WG will massively over-price these and I think they won't sell anywhere near the number they'd hope for and 2 weeks later - Oh Look, 40 crates for £70 (the sub & commander can be got in-game for free) - WG must be smoking a serious amount of crack at HQ!!!!!!!

No, they are banking on whales to carry the event. But they don't see that whales have been singing a different song lately.

Just like the removal of premiums from the shop, someone is trying a new approach, and if the quarterly numbers disappoint they will row back. Or double down.

• Cool 3

[NED]
Players
1,566 posts
5,780 battles

WG is doing odd things lately.

- release terrible premiums like le terrible or neuvo julio or whatever its called with its horrific history (being oblivious/indifferent to history is a big PR screw-up especially since it was pointed out by many)

- massively overpriced containers

- not selling premiums that are interesting like eitel friedrich

- not releasing free xp/coal ships

I think WG is having some serious issues if they mess up marketing wise or fail to balance ships properly.

• Cool 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,819 battles

The prices.... it's even worse than I expected.

[OSC]
Players
2,728 posts
10,052 battles

Wait a second, are people actually REGULARY spending like 50+€ on containers and all that jazz?

• Cool 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,819 battles
1 minute ago, cro_pwr said:

Wait a second, are people actually REGULARY spending like 50+€ on containers and all that jazz?

Well, I used to, when the contents were worth it (in my opinion).
That is no longer the case. Just look what people think about the new containers (click the link in my signature).

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this