You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Sybeck

Captain Skills - Review then Accept at end.

12 comments in this topic

[BNBS]
Players
371 posts

It would be more than useful and would I guess save many an expensive error if when we're redistributing captain skills that there was a "Review/Accept/Reset" function at the END of filling in ALL your skill points rather than the present system of confirming and cancelling at each skill assignation.  Firstly, this would allow players the opportunity ingame to experiment with different builds before committing though I'm aware that there are many online test templates that people can use to decide between differing setups for each ship.  However, secondly at present it is entirely possible to spend 475 doubloons on redistributing your captain skills and make a mistake and be left with the possibility of living with your mistake or paying up to another 475 doubloons to correct it.  It's almost as if the system is setup to profit from players' mistakes, stupidity or accidents.

PS.  No I haven't made that mistake yet, but I'm extremely conscious of the possibility of doing it everytime I do a redistribution.

EDIT:  Sorry this was meant for the Suggestions Thread.  Could some Mod please move it to there.

• Cool 17

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,871 posts
8,086 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, Sybeck said:

It would be more than useful and would I guess save many an expensive error if when we're redistributing captain skills that there was a "Review/Accept/Reset" function at the END of filling in ALL your skill points rather than the present system of confirming and cancelling at each skill assignation.  Firstly, this would allow players the opportunity ingame to experiment with different builds before committing though I'm aware that there are many online test templates that people can use to decide between differing setups for each ship.  However, secondly at present it is entirely possible to spend 475 doubloons on redistributing your captain skills and make a mistake and be left with the possibility of living with your mistake or paying up to another 475 doubloons to correct it.  It's almost as if the system is setup to profit from players' mistakes, stupidity or accidents.

PS.  No I haven't made that mistake yet, but I'm extremely conscious of the possibility of doing it everytime I do a redistribution.

EDIT:  Sorry this was meant for the Suggestions Thread.  Could some Mod please move it to there.

I wholeheartedly recommend the:

"WoWs Fitting Tool"

https://wowsft.com/

before doing anything! :Smile_honoring:

That way one can see all the impact some skill has (combined with upgrades, signal flags etc.)... :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 5

[ADRIA]
Players
204 posts
9,582 battles

Good idea OP. It would be a nice addition to the game to have such an option. 

It's not that I would do a mistake , but it annoys me that i have to go to 3rd party site to tinker and adjust cpt skills. See how many points i have left after taking this and that. 

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
3,604 posts
7,459 battles

certainly not a bad idea, not like it'd be negative in any way - but to my mind, if you're dumb enough to make that kind of mistake despite all the tools that are around you kinda deserve to pay for it a little... so I wouldnt say this is high priority. Maybe if WG ever get around to doing a full rework of the abysmal port interface as a whole, in fifteen years...

[BNBS]
Players
371 posts
3 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

certainly not a bad idea, not like it'd be negative in any way - but to my mind, if you're dumb enough to make that kind of mistake despite all the tools that are around you kinda deserve to pay for it a little... so I wouldnt say this is high priority. Maybe if WG ever get around to doing a full rework of the abysmal port interface as a whole, in fifteen years...

Careful what you wish for.  If stupid people literally keep paying for their mistakes then WG are going to go out of their way to attract even more of them into the game.  :Smile_ohmy:

[_OPC_]
Players
321 posts
10,896 battles

And I would like to see an option to reset just one skill not the whole tree

• Cool 1

[BNBS]
Players
371 posts
24 minutes ago, morgoroth said:

And I would like to see an option to reset just one skill not the whole tree

I'd very much like that option too, but I doubt whether WG are going to give up the doubloon sinkhole that is a whole tree redistribution.  I can though imagine that some people might spend more overall constantly tinkering and changing one or two skills in different captain's skill trees.

• Cool 1

Players
272 posts
3,647 battles

great idea which is why WG won't implement it. They can't make that $$$$$$$$$$$.

• Cool 1

[FRDF]
Players
176 posts
2,810 battles

This would be decent addition. You could example test your captain build in Co-Op but need to confirm it before you are allowed to go random battles etc.

• Cool 2