You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tworax

CV Rework is the killing blow

61 comments in this topic

[TCNF]
Players
18 posts
7,593 battles

I got into World of Warships nearly 2 years after launch..
EVERYTIME I finally get somewhere in this game you guys change something again.

1) Grinding  Iowa you bring out Missouri. By the time I catch up in the game Missouri removed
2) Grinding Shokaku you bring out Enterprise, Graf Zeppelin I have to play against.. again by the time I catch up ships are removed. (not going to buy a premium ship while still grinding the main line)
3) Grinding Yamato and by the time I get there you've changed its physics, brought out better ships and I'm at a disadvantage again
4) Grinding DD lines and by the time I get to T8 you've filled the game with radar
5) Joined a clan, organised some clan wars and by the time we finally get going guess what.. you change everything again

Basically you cater to a small group who happend to play the game from the beginning and have succumb to boredom and endless moaning
Players like myself left with the feeling we've missed out on the best parts simply because we not there from the start.

People are always going to moan about a game with premium or paid content but I find spending 100€ a year absolutely acceptable.
And after grinding a line and playing many games I think a premium ships are okay too. Just not when I'm constantly on the losing end because I started everything later.

Now your planning to change CV game play I feel I've had enough.. As soon as I made it to Midway I heard the news of everything getting dropped. It wasn't me who was winning every game playing solo CV,  I had to catch up on a steep learning curve. Cost me alot of time ingame and out and then once again your going to drop major content in favour of someone else than myself. There would have been many viable options in solving CV problems from locking T9 and T10 until skill level improves in some manor to fuel gauges for planes spotting. In any case I'm the one losing out again

A this point I feel that looking for a game that resets itself every year with 17, 18,19 is actually the better deal for me. I've learned my lesson on getting into a game thats already been running for a few years that for sure.

I wish everyone the best of times with the new Gameplay, its probably fun. Only without me

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5
  • Boring 3
  • Bad 4

[SOCKS]
Players
629 posts
5,124 battles

"I" ,"I," ,"I", "I".

"Me", "me", "me", "me".

So, as you you want to farm in Midway, as unfair it is for other players, and the change will mean that maybe you won't be able to, you go. It's all about you, because, as we all know, WG should cater specifically to your personal wishes, grinding timings, and specific requests.

Damn, I've taken a lot of long breaks from this game so it's kinda ironical that I'm the first one to say it, but this really warrants it: Don't let the door hit you in your back.

O and, can I haz ur stuff?

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,397 posts

I see the OP admitting several times a failure to adapt.

The blame for that is not with Wargaming or a "small group" of veteran players. Failing to adapt to new circumstances and new game mechanisms is up to the individual user.

Not all change is good and there are quite some controversies around radar, the CV rework, and other topics. Such discussions, with points made pro and contra for each side, are proof that the players are interested in the health of the game. From the OP I only see accusations and an unwillingness to adapt.

• Cool 2

[EST]
[EST]
Players
687 posts
17,357 battles
10 minutes ago, Tworax said:

And after grinding a line and playing many games I think a premium ships are okay too. Just not when I'm constantly on the losing end because I started everything later.

What difference makes the fact that you started later on your winnings against premium ships?:Smile_amazed:

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,644 posts
13,071 battles

Wow yeah, WG is surely reworking CVs just to :etc_swear: with you and for no other reason.

:Smile_facepalm:

• Funny 2

[TCNF]
Players
18 posts
7,593 battles

RAMJB

By farming are you referring to the 80% of your games in lower Tiers against beginners?

Because if you'd played more than 28 games in T10 you would know there is no farming there. 

• Funny 2

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,961 posts
4,931 battles

Someone please send the OP a supply of tinfoil hats please, make it on the double.

[TCNF]
Players
18 posts
7,593 battles

To everyone who answered here..

You don't recruit people
You don't talk to new players
You don't try and help them get into the game

That's why you have no idea why people leave the game. 

Some people spend 6 months grinding to T10 (they actually have lives imagine that) and when they finally get there the game gets changed again. 

Quality Poster
2,895 posts
7,903 battles

Geeez... ok I'm adressing the points one at a time, so you have a chance of following me:

24 minutes ago, Tworax said:

in T10 you would know there is no farming there. 

Look at my stats and tell me if I played enough T10 games. Bottom line: Farming bad players occurs on every tiers. Only difference is, that on low tiers that is a somewhat valid tactic to win games. Apart from that, when the situation of a battle allows it (sometimes enforces it), I can happily farm away. Just recently I used my Seattle to farm a sitting Yamato. The dude wasn't afk, but simply sat there and shot at targets at 20km distance and ignoring the cruiser that's farming him.

9 minutes ago, Tworax said:

You don't recruit people

For Clans? Yes I do.

You don't talk to new players

Uhmmm yes I do. Either here on the forums or via my YT channel

You don't try and help them get into the game

Yes I do. Again... either here on the forums or via my YT channel. However: I am honest with them. I don't pamper a new player by telling him, buy a ship and it'll be easy or do this and you insta win.

That's why you have no idea why people leave the game. 

Oh I have a fairly good idea why some players (hint hint) leave the game. 

Some people spend 6 months grinding to T10 (they actually have lives imagine that) and when they finally get there the game gets changed again. 

Ahhh the classic argument: He has multiple T10s, he must be a no lifer.

Fun Fact: My first T10 took me one and a half year. By choice.

Just because someone is better than you doesn't mean they play the game 24/7.

And regarding the changes: It's a MMO, it needs to be changed frequently to keep the interest up.

[BOATY]
Players
406 posts
7,430 battles

Well,  power creeping is common for every game. So eventually a player catches up with it. 

The CV is entirely other topic. The concept, although it is kind of realistic, was broken in the begining. If you reached high level CV you sure realised that if other CV sucks the ground minions are close to irrelevant.  So this change is more to make the game more fair to 95% of the population while trying at least to keep some of CV guys (the easiest and cheapest fix would be "No more CVs!"). 

In addition WG officials said that there will be very GENEROUS compensation for all CVs owned (perhaps that's why I see so many CVs recently). 

My advice - wait and see. 

• Cool 2

[HOME]
Players
568 posts
7,623 battles
1 hour ago, Tworax said:

I got into World of Warships nearly 2 years after launch..

You registered on 22/11/2015.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,548 posts
5,481 battles

You can't have started 2 years after launch. Game is 3 years old. Your account is registered from 2015. You took part in ranked season 3 which was January 2016.

Whatever your complaints are, they don't stem from being a "new" player.

[TCNF]
Players
18 posts
7,593 battles
13 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Geeez... ok I'm adressing the points one at a time, so you have a chance of following me:

Apparently your having trouble reading the first sentences in posts your actually quoting. 

I don't care about your youtube channel

I´m not complaining about anyone being better, not complaining about losing games, not complaining about matchmaking, not complaining about amount of T10s or whatever it is your talking about

My issue is EVERTIME I grind a line the GAME GETS CHANGED

Got Iowa..         Missouri launched, better bow armour and radar (by the time i had a chance at that much free xp..gone)
Got Montana... nerfed 2 months after
Got Yamato...   nerfed immediatly
Got Hakuryu...  nerfed/changed/f**ed up to play
Got Midway...    nerfed/CV being dropped
Got Des Moin..  guess what, ship outdated, sit there get spammed from Worcester

Everything I grind NERFED NERFED NERFED

Nerfed for a players base who been sitting around moaning and complaining in a time I wasn't into the game yet.
You know, I kinda feel thats you! Maybe you should have moved on and let the rest play the game.

17 minutes ago, GarrusBrutus said:

You registered on 22/11/2015.

Yes I came to WG via Warplanes in 2015. Saw and installed WoWs, played abit then didnt touch it for another year.

• Funny 1

[BAD-A]
Players
44 posts
7,665 battles

Your not really leaving. If you were, you wouldn't feel the need to come and post about it so while I recognise the cry for help....

Shia-LaBeouf-really-wants-you-to-justdoi

Quality Poster
2,895 posts
7,903 battles
1 minute ago, Tworax said:

Let me fix that for you:

The issue is EVERYTHING get's changed ALL THE TIME

It's an MMO, get used to it. Heck, I had a number of lines that played completely different when I started compared to now. That's the nature of an online game and not something that is solely done to anger you.

We all have been there. I reached the Mogami the day AFTER the AFT/BFT nerf. I reached Shima AFTER the torpedo nerfs (increased spotting). Do you see me complain? No, I adjusted my game play.

On the other hand you seem to miss that it can work the other way round too: Players have reached the Iowa just as their citadells got lowered. Or started playing with the Yorck/Izumo/IJN gunboats AFTER their buffs. Heck I waiter for my Baltimore grind (when she was still T9) until she got her reload buffed.

So in short: Changes to the game work both ways. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Accept it. Or don't. But stop spouting around that this happened only to you!

• Cool 1

[TCNF]
Players
18 posts
7,593 battles

@Allied_Winter

275 games in a tier 4 isokaze!! PMSL
another 80% games in low tier
how you even turn up here with a straight face talking about "you know whats what"

Quality Poster
2,895 posts
7,903 battles
Just now, Tworax said:

@Allied_Winter

275 games in a tier 4 isokaze!! PMSL
another 80% games in low tier
how you even turn up here with a straight face talking about "you know whats what"

Ahhh yes. Bothered checking WHEN my last game in the Isokaze was? Bet not. But who cares.

If you try to stat shame at least do it correctly ;)

[TCNF]
Players
18 posts
7,593 battles
10 minutes ago, TVLX said:

Your not really leaving. If you were, you wouldn't feel the need to come and post about it so while I recognise the cry for help....

Well yer, I've bought new games already I've started playing

Thats how it ends usually

I mean guess I could grind that russian cruiser line.. been thinking about it for a while. You know it could be fu... NERFED

NERFED NERFED NERFED

[CR33D]
Beta Tester
555 posts
5,989 battles
43 minutes ago, Tworax said:

Apparently your having trouble reading the first sentences in posts your actually quoting. 

I don't care about your youtube channel

I´m not complaining about anyone being better, not complaining about losing games, not complaining about matchmaking, not complaining about amount of T10s or whatever it is your talking about

Got Iowa..         Missouri launched, better bow armour and radar (by the time i had a chance at that much free xp..gone)

Everything I grind NERFED NERFED NERFED

Nerfed for a players base who been sitting around moaning and complaining in a time I wasn't into the game yet.
You know, I kinda feel thats you! Maybe you should have moved on and let the rest play the game.

Yes I came to WG via Warplanes in 2015. Saw and installed WoWs, played abit then didnt touch it for another year.

montana... nerfed?

LOL?

all i see is a clubber complaining who he can't clubb at hig tiers.

• Funny 1

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,208 posts
5,859 battles
58 minutes ago, Tworax said:

• The actual difference in power between Iowa and missouri isn't that different and is also irrelevant as you'd need to grind the free xp for missouri even if you didn't have the iowa.
  • I honestly don't remember montana getting nerfed (though if it did it was probably deserved), I do remember it getting buffed though.
  • Again, don't remember the nerf, I do remember the buff though...And it is still a very good ship.
  • Hakuryu/midway are both still OP in the right hands and useless in the wrong ones, so....not much has changed there.
  • If you think that worcester makes des moines obsolete, that means that you've either not played either of these, or you just don't know how to play the DM.