You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Aircraft carriers Beta: are you participating? - Discussion Thread

175 comments in this topic

WG Team, Master Pirate, Sailing Hamster
257 posts

UPDATE 17/10

During our last checks of the CV beta build, we found a couple of critical bugs. They are quite annoying, and we don’t want them to affect your hands-on experience with the new gameplay.

We’ve already smashed one of the bugs, and the other is in process, but we still need to double check everything again and deliver the fixes to your test clients properly.

This means that the beginning of CV test will be delayed - worst case scenario until tomorrow.

We will update you here as soon as we have more information. Sorry for any inconvenience, and rest assured, we will launch the test as soon as we can!

Read the full article

• Cool 1

[RO-RN]
Beta Tester
8 posts
3,735 battles

"Unable to connect to update service." - for the TST version

The normal game is working fine.

[RO-RN]
Beta Tester
8 posts
3,735 battles

Managed to download after half an hour of not finding the server :)

[-SWP-]
Beta Tester
1 post
1,403 battles

I had to relaunch the game center in order to get the "region dropbox" to appear so i could select the TST server. Downloading now.

[D-H-S]
[D-H-S]
Players
6 posts
2,724 battles

When is the TST server online because can't connect to the server.

I have the last download installed.

[TTTP2]
Players
338 posts
19,468 battles

They claimed it'll be at 12:00 and it's 20 minutes past and still not connecting. 

Players
3 posts
18 battles

I'm just downloading now, but they did say there would be another patch around 12pm today and then it would be all systems go.

As others have said just have a little patience and all will be well (hopefully)

[210-F]
Alpha Tester
180 posts

good that I can open both clients at the same time and play on the main server until the TST is open

Beta Tester
30 posts
9,240 battles

well it did say ABOUT 12 utc  so there's no guarantee that is the time it starts :) and since im on BST i still have 1h 30 mins to go yet :) 

[-HUN-]
Players
15 posts
9,546 battles

Everyone should calm down, they wrote: 12:00 UTC!!! That means here in CET that's UTC+1we have 12:40 so in UTC it's just 11:40.
Or if it's still summer time zone (I can't remember), then it's CEST which is UTC+2 so in UTC it'S 10:40.

• Cool 1

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,185 posts
27 minutes ago, MacArthur92 said:

They claimed it'll be at 12:00 and it's 20 minutes past and still not connecting. 

No, it’s 10:48 UTC now. Really it’s so hard to understand quite simply text?

[GBOOT]
Beta Tester
435 posts
2,436 battles

Patience...you will get your 5 Minutes of fun and frustration soon enough. God I love sarcasm!

Players
18 posts
9,892 battles

Problems so far:

• The installation required the Game Center. I almost stopped here as I have not desire to install the Game Center.
  • The installation page for the Game Center says "Download Game". I almost stopped here as I have no desire to do another full download. (Little did I realize that I would be doing another full download of 35 GB anyway.) The download page should indicate that the download is of just the Game Center and that already installed games will not be downloaded (problem unrelated to this test). Always inform your users of what will be installed.
  • After installing Game Center it found some of the WG games but not others. The other games (WoT Sandbox and WoT Common Test) could not be added. You just get a message of "No supported game found the selected folder."
  • The Game Center I have does not match the Game Center in the instructions. It took me some time to find the "Install additional game instance" menu item.
  • Managing the update queue is not intuitive. I had to delete (not pause) two updates to get the TST update to run. There should be a way to reorder the updates.
  • Why is another installation required? Is this just to prevent people who have Public Test accounts but who have not signed up for the CV test from running the test? It would have been easier for your customers if you just modified the login to allow only login by people who signed up for the CV test.
  • There is no indication that clicking on an item in the update queue will transition to the selected game (e.g. from the update of the TST installation to the World of Warships tab).
  • Cool 1

Beta Tester
30 posts
9,240 battles

yeah i will be fair to say that WG have the worst translated instructions on their webpages i have ever seen :) 

whether it be for upcoming events or the test servers :D

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,832 posts
2,144 battles
16 minutes ago, Alpheus100 said:

Problems so far:

• The installation required the Game Center. I almost stopped here as I have not desire to install the Game Center.
  • The installation page for the Game Center says "Download Game". I almost stopped here as I have no desire to do another full download. (Little did I realize that I would be doing another full download of 35 GB anyway.) The download page should indicate that the download is of just the Game Center and that already installed games will not be downloaded (problem unrelated to this test). Always inform your users of what will be installed.
  • After installing Game Center it found some of the WG games but not others. The other games (WoT Sandbox and WoT Common Test) could not be added. You just get a message of "No supported game found the selected folder."
  • The Game Center I have does not match the Game Center in the instructions. It took me some time to find the "Install additional game instance" menu item.
  • Managing the update queue is not intuitive. I had to delete (not pause) two updates to get the TST update to run. There should be a way to reorder the updates.
  • Why is another installation required? Is this just to prevent people who have Public Test accounts but who have not signed up for the CV test from running the test? It would have been easier for your customers if you just modified the login to allow only login by people who signed up for the CV test.
  • There is no indication that clicking on an item in the update queue will transition to the selected game (e.g. from the update of the TST installation to the World of Warships tab).

Sorry, there seem to be some improvements to make with the process. Not sure why the WoT clients are not detected, all warships instances definitely run through it.

We needed to deploy this on a separate server or we would have pushed the update to all players running public test even if they don't have access to the test.

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
1,357 battles
2 hours ago, The_EURL_Guy said:

World of Warships - free-to-play naval warfare-themed massively multiplayer game from Wargaming. Get the latest news and developments here and play for free!

Read the full article

hi im have problems connecting as it wont and i dident try till after the last update after wed 1200 still wont connect 

dam was going on gmt forgot about summer time

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,185 posts
6 minutes ago, Slippyjim said:

amazed people cant see the part where it says ABOUT 12.00 UTC

test time.JPG

IMHO that says a lot about their testing and providing valuable feedback abilities...

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,832 posts
2,144 battles

Unfortunately I have some bad news.

During our last checks of the CV beta build, we found a couple of critical bugs. They are quite annoying, and we don’t want them to affect your hands-on experience with the new gameplay.

We’ve already smashed one of the bugs, and the other is in process, but we still need to double check everything again and deliver the fixes to your test clients properly.

This means that the beginning of CV test will be delayed - worst case scenario until tomorrow.

We will update you here as soon as we have more information. Sorry for any inconvenience, and rest assured, we will launch the test as soon as we can!

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
30 posts
9,240 battles

No worries Mrconway :) info is always helpful but no doubt there will be a few people claiming it has ruined their entire day waiting :D 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1