You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Update 0.7.10 - General Feedback

32 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,864 posts
2,152 battles

Captains,

Please leave any general feedback regarding Update 0.7.10 in this thread. Should your feedback concern one of the following topics, please leave it in the linked thread.

As usual, a detailed list of the changes implemented in the update can be found on our portal: https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-0710-halloween/ 

• Bad 1

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts

Shouldn't the other 0.7.10 threads be unlocked now too @MrConway

And as far as feedback is concerned:

You once again changed my port without necessity. It has been annoying in the past, it is annoying now, it will be annoying in the future. Leave my settings alone, please.

• Cool 5

Players
30 posts
5,253 battles

Im very Disappointed in the update of the ROYAL NAVY you have changed the use of the DDs mission from T7 and T8 RN  DDs to the Cossack HOW THE HELL are we supposed to do the DD mission without buying the COSSACK or Buying Guineas for the Cossack you have just deleted the royal navy DDs from doing missions in the game .....which for the last 4 weeks we have done the missions with and  now you have added a premium ship to do these missions ....To me this looks like a money grabbing exercise to get people to buy the Cossack....Very disappointed in this UPDATE.......... ROYAL NAVY should not have been UPDATED at ALL

• Cool 2

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,398 posts

To provide proper feedback on a current issue with mission design for the UK arc, instead of the rant thread available in general.

The current UK arc missions ask us to earn stars in scenarios. They are limited to tier V+.

The first Halloween mission, as the current scenario of the week, is for tier III only. It is impossible to complete the UK mission as a solo player. You need a large division to access one of the others.

Players
50 posts
4,819 battles

Is there a way of hiding these ridiculous halloween ships in my port? I looked in the additional content tab and switched off the halloween camos. That had no effect whatsoever.

I'm not interested in the halloween event. I prefer playing standard historical ships in standard random battles. Am I really going to be forced to look at these hideous garish monstosities in my carousel every time I log in for the next month? I don't want to see the stupid ships. I don't want to see the stupid camos. How do I get rid of them? One click of an icon got rid of the Arpeggio ships. Why is that option not available for these ones?

Edit: I just had a quick look at the halloween ship stats.  Magnu-s. T8 battleship. 4x2 380mm main battery guns. Surface detectability 16.4Km. Main battery firing range 8Km. That has to be either a mistake or a very bad joke. The cruiser has 11Km range.

Edited by Chuckabutty

[FDE]
Players
126 posts
6,375 battles
1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

Shouldn't the other 0.7.10 threads be unlocked now too @MrConway

And as far as feedback is concerned:

You once again changed my port without necessity. It has been annoying in the past, it is annoying now, it will be annoying in the future. Leave my settings alone, please.

Couldn't agree more. It's MY port (chosen by me), client is installed on MY computer, by installing the game update I didn't authorized Wargaming to change the setup of MY client. Do I change configuration of your servers Wargaming??? Stop doing this!!!

• Cool 1

Players
353 posts
10,615 battles

Jutland's speed is a real let down, and yay for useless HE you need IFHE for... 

Also the Jutland is a Battle-class DD, and they had two major versions; the 1942 and the 1943, the 1942 is the A-hull build, but the B-hull is the 1943 version, yet the difference is the speed, the '42 had 34 knots top speed, while the '43 could do 35,75 knots, YET ingame you only have the 34 knot version which is BY FAR to slow for any DD roles. And add the speedflag boosts the 34 knots to 35,7 knots yet you should not have to be forced to use a speedflag to simply play this DD, and then you have Daring that has 35 knot of speed and it is even bigger and heavier.

WG logic at its best...

[FISHR]
Players
6 posts
4,330 battles

Im verry dissapointing with this update, the horrible halloween port, RN containers are removed from the missions so you can only buy them for unlocking missions for the ships (you never get anyway), so you NEED to buy the containers now.

You can Not complete missions in Scenarios (T3 only) and missions for a premium ship.

Again A lot of new content and no UI fixes or anyting related to that.

And you have to wait for weeks to play the other scenarios.

This update is not soloplayer friendly and for people who do not have all the time in the world to play the game

• Cool 3

[A41]
Players
7 posts
2,637 battles
On 10/18/2018 at 12:41 PM, Beardroid91 said:

Jutland's speed is a real let down, and yay for useless HE you need IFHE for... 

Also the Jutland is a Battle-class DD, and they had two major versions; the 1942 and the 1943, the 1942 is the A-hull build, but the B-hull is the 1943 version, yet the difference is the speed, the '42 had 34 knots top speed, while the '43 could do 35,75 knots, YET ingame you only have the 34 knot version which is BY FAR to slow for any DD roles. And add the speedflag boosts the 34 knots to 35,7 knots yet you should not have to be forced to use a speedflag to simply play this DD, and then you have Daring that has 35 knot of speed and it is even bigger and heavier.

WG logic at its best...

Well considering that the Daring apparently only had a 30kt speed I'm quite happy with 35.  Otherwise yes, I agree that if the hull is changed, then the speed for the Jutland should be changed too.

22 hours ago, williepie310 said:

Im verry dissapointing with this update, the horrible halloween port, RN containers are removed from the missions so you can only buy them for unlocking missions for the ships (you never get anyway), so you NEED to buy the containers now.

You can Not complete missions in Scenarios (T3 only) and missions for a premium ship.

Again A lot of new content and no UI fixes or anyting related to that.

And you have to wait for weeks to play the other scenarios.

This update is not soloplayer friendly and for people who do not have all the time in the world to play the game

This.

Not so much for the containers.  The tech tree is available now...so you have a choice of a very small random chance of unlocking a DD mission, or just playing and earning XP to get the same DD.  I know which one I would take.  But I agree that I don't know why the Scenario is T3.  All other scenarios are T6 upwards so why not this one?

And requiring a Cossack to complete some of the RN missions?  really?  

Players
259 posts
3,624 battles

i would give you feedback if you didn't roll out the update so lazily that it overloaded the server.  when I eventually get to log in again, I shall let you know.

[TASH]
Players
11 posts
6,706 battles

I dont know how many times I have tried to update 0.7.10 but it fails everytime.

[FDE]
Players
126 posts
6,375 battles

Stop hiding RN missions behind pay-to-win wall. Not everybody owns Cossack.

cossack_01.jpg.beeddf7c757f3abe090ee77c1dfd4060.jpgcossack_02.jpg.49545530620a8afd1c2841c309b4d6aa.jpg

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Weekend Tester
736 posts
4,947 battles

Current RN missions are more meh than previous patches. New RN mission require cossack? cmon. 

RN mission: Get 7 stars from scenario - It is sad that the current "save Transylvania" scenario doesn't give stars for RN mission because it is tier 3. :cap_viking:

[BMTR]
Players
8 posts
6,194 battles

-RN DDs are meh at best (then again this is a matter of opinion) !!!!
-RN missions after the patch are just not interesting with the removal of Sovereigns.
-RN missions requiring Cossack to be completed, really now !!!!!! lol
  I don't think that money grabbing marketing tactics can be more obvious than this, very lame on your part War Gaming especially since you advertised that Cossack can be owned with only 1     Guinea purchased !!!!!!
-Halloween event not solo player friendly, why ???
-Constant game crashes at least one per battle, when will we see a fix to this please ?

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,222 posts
11,308 battles
17 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

Isnt alaska supposed to be released with this update? As far as i know alaska was already final. When are we gonna have her in game? @MrConway @Crysantos

If I could tell you, I would have already done that :) For now this remains to be a well hidden secret.

Greetings, Crysantos

[CR33D]
Players
2,892 posts
14,795 battles
4 minutes ago, Crysantos said:

If I could tell you, I would have already done that :) For now this remains to be a well hidden secret.

Greetings, Crysantos

#feelssadman

Thank you for your reply anway.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,222 posts
11,308 battles
10 minutes ago, ghostbuster_ said:

#feelssadman

Thank you for your reply anway.

No worries, I would like to have it asap, too :Smile_izmena:

Have a nice week,

Crysantos

[BEWBS]
[BEWBS]
Weekend Tester
736 posts
4,947 battles

image.thumb.png.74f128caace7bef0e297cef1144b6d29.png

This won't be possible. I remember once got 5 kills in co-op, but no achievements.

[BYOB]
Players
2,686 posts
9,840 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Noif said:

image.thumb.png.74f128caace7bef0e297cef1144b6d29.png

This won't be possible. I remember once got 5 kills in co-op, but no achievements.

The four goal haul achievement is available in coop. Got it yesterday in the Valkyrie.

Players
1 post
5,895 battles

Since the update am unable to play at all game launches fine then my choice of ship becomes unplayable it steers itself and is in controllable like it's huge lag but ping and fps are good anyone else struggling windows 7 eu server thxs

Beta Tester
1,349 posts
On 10/18/2018 at 10:37 AM, Todeskult said:

Couldn't agree more. It's MY port (chosen by me), client is installed on MY computer, by installing the game update I didn't authorized Wargaming to change the setup of MY client. Do I change configuration of your servers Wargaming??? Stop doing this!!!

As much as I share the sentiment and don't want my port changed, we have actually consented to these changes. EULA Section 7 reads:

From time to time, we may need to deploy or provide patches, updates, additional content or other modifications to the Game (for example to enhance online gameplay, to add new or update features or to resolve software bugs). You hereby accept, recognize and understand that we constantly work on further development of the Game and Services, we improve, upgrade and update graphics, features, gameplay and any other Content of the Game in order to make the gameplay enjoyable for you.

This might seem not to encompass changes like the port, but pay close attention to the wording: "You hereby accept [...] that we constantly work on further development [...] in order to make the gameplay enjoyable for you." This is an agreement on the licencee's part that any changes made to the game are to be considered improvements. Strictly speaking, if one disagrees with this, one is in violation of the EULA's terms and no longer allowed to play WG's games.

Edited by StringWitch

[PPH]
Players
190 posts
14,908 battles

Concerning "Profile - Collections" ...  I would like to kindly ask WG to enable the opportunity to finish also the "Battle of the North Cape" collection.

For example: During "The Great Eight" collection period, it was possible to switch off collecting the collection of "Yamamoto Isoroku". Once I have finished "The Great Eight" collection, I could switch on collecting "Yamamoto Isoroku" collection.

But .. (1) For the "Battle of the North Cape" - there are no buttons for switch on/off collecting. What´s more - (2) There are no containers being sold for "Battle of the North Cape" in the Gift-shop. And I don´t understand why ... Please, can you provide me with any explanation for that (1) & (2) ?   Or better - when and how it is possible to finish "Battle of the North Cape" collection ?