Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Interface Changes & Other Improvements 

18 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,864 posts
2,152 battles

Captains,

Please leave any feedback regarding the interface changes (i.e. torpedo alert change) and other improvements here.

[FDE]
Players
126 posts
6,375 battles

Nevermind RN destroyers, Halloween event and everything else...

After like 3 years or so we finally have this filter in port :Smile_hiding:

shot-18_10.17_23_44.52-0015.jpg.04b1b5777e4956e72eff80ab9e67ef21.jpg

• Cool 1

[CDL]
Players
3 posts
4,169 battles

Primary Only, was the option I was wishing for.  Thanks for adding that.

[ALYEN]
Players
558 posts
2,090 battles

How do I get rid of this notification icon ?

image.png.0a18d1c31cd28d685bc21bb018106c0c.png

Clicking into the division window does not do it. Maybe creating a division ? WG please implement popups for those stupid notifiers that tell your players how to get rid of them. I am already ignoring the on on the news section and the Profile one for new patches drives me crazy as it is NOT indicated properly on the profile screen.

btw that create division icon/menu is not new ... so why is there this crapy notifier ?

[ELCH]
Players
59 posts
6,400 battles
10 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

How do I get rid of this notification icon ?

image.png.0a18d1c31cd28d685bc21bb018106c0c.png

Clicking into the division window does not do it. Maybe creating a division ? WG please implement popups for those stupid notifiers that tell your players how to get rid of them. I am already ignoring the on on the news section and the Profile one for new patches drives me crazy as it is NOT indicated properly on the profile screen.

btw that create division icon/menu is not new ... so why is there this crapy notifier ?

As a workaround until this is fixed, clearing the News notification also clears the Create Division notification. 

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
558 posts
2,090 battles
On 10/19/2018 at 10:36 PM, ppraet said:

As a workaround until this is fixed, clearing the News notification also clears the Create Division notification. 

Thank you, that actually helped !!!

[FDE]
Players
126 posts
6,375 battles
13 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

Thank you, that actually helped !!!

To some extent, for me it shows notification on both news and division, but there's no new news to mark as "read", so...

[ELCH]
Players
59 posts
6,400 battles

By the way, anyone else notice that the window controls (like minimize, close) don't have an active area around the respective icon anymore and you have to click pixel-precisely on the lines of the _ or x to activate?

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
558 posts
2,090 battles
9 hours ago, ppraet said:

By the way, anyone else notice that the window controls (like minimize, close) don't have an active area around the respective icon anymore and you have to click pixel-precisely on the lines of the _ or x to activate?

Ah yes, I thought my mouse is bugged or what when I was trying to minimize the Clan chat window ...

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,222 posts
11,308 battles
14 hours ago, ppraet said:

Weird, I'll check with devs about this!

Greetings, Crysantos

• Cool 1

Players
101 posts
4,255 battles

Regarding the torpedo audio alert: it's great that you've made this change, but the volume is still proximity based so the alert is too quiet at the point of first detection.

In the middle of a gunfight, with your own guns roaring out, and in binocular view,  this is when you need intuitive audio alerts that you can hear.

Could we have the torpedo alert louder? Or at a static volume level instead of a rising one? Or, have in-game sound effects volumes individually customised on sliders?

Players
857 posts
7,680 battles

Liking the new "non-elite ships" filter in port, which just makes sense and had been suggested in this forum at various times. Even though, once I understood you can set several primary ships, it wasn't as strictly necessray any more than I'd thought (for me personally), especially since now there is also a Filter for that.

Still no idea what the "suitable for the Specials" filter does, it does not seem to filter out any ships at all in my port. Still thinking it should be replaced with a "not" filter that lets you filter out any ships which not meet the selected criteria.

Players
752 posts
On 10/24/2018 at 10:40 PM, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Liking the new "non-elite ships" filter in port, which just makes sense and had been suggested in this forum at various times. Even though, once I understood you can set several primary ships, it wasn't as strictly necessray any more than I'd thought (for me personally), especially since now there is also a Filter for that.

THIS! VERY MUCH THIS! I just noticed this has been fixed now. Thank you! Finally!

Unfortunately, I think the rework borked the 'In order of latest battle played' sorting order. It has always been a bit sketchy, but now it is out the window.

Example: No filter, only ordering by last battle played. First correct ship is Richelieu, third one from the top. (played twice, lost twice).

All the rest of the ships I played are all the ones with the 50% bonus gone, and not even in the first two columns. (Dallas, Donskoi, Yamato, Montana, Kurfurst)

image.thumb.png.502e3b803d0dbc67a3ef4de5266fe9b4.png

On 10/24/2018 at 10:40 PM, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Still no idea what the "suitable for the Specials" filter does, it does not seem to filter out any ships at all in my port. Still thinking it should be replaced with a "not" filter that lets you filter out any ships which not meet the selected criteria.

It filters away the ships you have already got your daily win on.

[SCRUB]
Players
475 posts
12,520 battles

Texas has a spotter plane since the last patch yet it is nowhere to be seen on the ship.

Players
282 posts
On 10/18/2018 at 12:31 PM, Todeskult said:

Nevermind RN destroyers, Halloween event and everything else...

After like 3 years or so we finally have this filter in port :Smile_hiding:

shot-18_10.17_23_44.52-0015.jpg.04b1b5777e4956e72eff80ab9e67ef21.jpg

But since the last 3 patches an option to hide entirely the ARP ships from the carousel (not only their ARP cammo) has disapeared. Now i have a long line of ships with the ONLY option to hide the rediculus ARP cammos but not the ships themseves as i could before.

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
3,546 posts
6,375 battles
4 hours ago, The_Flying_Dutchman114 said:

Text shows Daring having 114mm guns. 

Module says 113mm guns.

Info on that gun itself is confusing

Going from wiki (of the actual Daring class) here:

Gun's listed as 4.5in (113mm)

• 4.5in = 114.3mm
  • 113mm = 4.448... = 4.45in

If we look up the gun (QF 4.5-inch Mk I – V naval gun) itself, then we get this line:

Like all British nominally 4.5 inch naval guns, the QF Mk I has an actual calibre of 4.45 inches (113 mm)

So I guess 113mm should be the correct number

Sign in to follow this