You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

From NA forum (but appliciable to EU as well - 1 day later): "PSA: British Early-Access Destroyers, Final Call."

21 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,857 posts
8,066 battles

Hi all,

From NA forum (but appliciable to EU as well - 1 day later): "PSA: British Early-Access Destroyers, Final Call."

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/172645-psa-british-early-access-destroyers-final-call/

All captains currently in the Acasta, Icarus, Jervis and Lightning will begin retraining for these ships, as they will be tech-tree ships thereafter.

If you have a valuable, high-point captain that you have assigned temporarily to one of these destroyers (e.g. to grind XP for the next one up when the patch drops), my advice would be to move him or her back into his or her original ship NOW. Otherwise you will have to retrain them for their original ship, potentially at major time or doubloon expense.

If you have SPECIFICALLY chosen to REASSIGN a captain to one or more of these ships, you may disregard the above warning. But be sure of your choices when you log off prior to server reset.

This is your last and final (dis)embarkation call.

It was explained to me this way:

• Your captain on the early access RN destroyer will be assigned and trained for that ship
  • Your early access RN destroyer will be converted from its current state to a tech tree ship
  • Depending on how many RN destroyers you unlocked during the event, the highest tiered ship unlocked with be a regular tech tree destroyer
  • All subordinate destroyers under the highest tier will be elite vessels

Example: I have the Acasta and Icarus unlocked

• Icarus is converted to a tech tree ship
  • Captain on Icarus is retrained to the Icarus at no cost
  • Acasta is converted to a tech tree ship with elite status
  • Captain on the Acasta is retrained to the Acasta at no cost

Leo "Apollo11"

P.S.

Due to post by @Sehales some things must be additionally cleared because all early access RN DDs were "Premium" by default...

• Cool 8

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
947 battles

All captains currently in the Acasta, Icarus, Jervis and Lightning will begin retraining for these ships, as they will be tech-tree ships thereafter.

No, they won't. It will be just like we did it with other early-access ships in the past:

If a commander is trained for one of the DDs, they will be converted automatically. If you are using a commander who is trained for another ship, they will stay trained for this other ship and simply cannot be used on the tech-tree destroyers, unless you retrain them as you would do for any other regular tech-tree ship.

• Cool 2

Quality Poster
2,947 posts
7,933 battles
1 minute ago, Sehales said:

No, they won't. It will be just like we did it with other early-access ships in the past:

If a commander is trained for one of the DDs, they will be converted automatically. If you are using a commander who is trained for another ship, they will stay trained for this other ship and simply cannot be used on the tech-tree destroyers, unless you retrain them as you would do for any other regular tech-tree ship.

Could you please pop into the relevant German topic and if needed clarify? 

Because to me it reads as if captains will NOT be retrained to a new ship.

E.g. My current RN DD captain is trained on the Gallant, I was under the impression that if I move him to the Lightning, he will then after the patch be retrained for the LIghtning.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
947 battles

Can do @Allied_Winter

13 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

E.g. My current RN DD captain is trained on the Gallant, I was under the impression that if I move him to the Lightning, he will then after the patch be retrained for the LIghtning.

In that case it will stay trained for the Gallant.

If you would have trained your Gallant captain to the Lightning already (not just assigned) the captain would stay trained for the Lightning after the update.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 2

[PLAN]
Beta Tester
232 posts
11,985 battles
7 minutes ago, Sehales said:

Can do @Allied_Winter

If you would have trained your Gallant captain to the Lightning already (not just assigned) the captain would stay trained for the Lightning after the update.

How can man train a captain from another ship to Lightning already? Lightning is a premium ship now.

• Cool 1

Players
2,672 posts
12,096 battles
9 minutes ago, Acetessigester said:

How can man train a captain from another ship to Lightning already? Lightning is a premium ship now.

Exactly!

@Sehales you are talking nonsense.

We are less that 24 hours away from 0.7.10 and this important point remains unresolved AND UNANNOUNCED OFFICIALLY.

I know that Wargaming communication is famously bad - but they are reaching new lows this time.

:Smile-angry:

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Players
34 posts
8,429 battles
50 minutes ago, Sehales said:

Can do @Allied_Winter

May be i am missing something but i have never been able to "train" a captain on to any premium ship that was not recruited from scratch. I have only ever been able to assign them.

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,222 posts
11,308 battles
4 minutes ago, Nautical_Metaphor said:

Now was that so hard?

Tell me ONE good reason not to put that into the News bulletin about the whole RN arc a month ago already.

There is no reason not to put it in - we try to cover as many aspects as we can in publications but sometimes we might miss a point or think that it's clear and doesn't need additional explanation. We're here to address questions like this to help you in case something is unclear :Smile_honoring:

Greetings, Crysantos

[SM0KE]
Players
1,550 posts
5,009 battles

I'm confused: what will actually happen with captains left in the tech tree RN DDs when the update happens?

e.g. if I leave my Gallant captain (say) in Jervis, will he retrain to Jervis, or stay trained to Gallant when the update is applied?

[PUPSI]
Players
5,858 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, Verblonde sagte:

e.g. if I leave my Gallant captain (say) in Jervis, will he retrain to Jervis, or stay trained to Gallant when the update is applied?

according to the last information posted by Sehales it will stay trained to the Gallant, so the post in the NA forum was/is wrong (or at least I am only to dumb to understand it correctly)

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,857 posts
8,066 battles

Hi all,

From Reddit (apparently NA player):

Leo "Apollo11"

• Cool 2

Players
2,672 posts
12,096 battles
1 hour ago, Crysantos said:

There is no reason not to put it in - we try to cover as many aspects as we can in publications but sometimes we might miss a point or think that it's clear and doesn't need additional explanation. We're here to address questions like this to help you in case something is unclear

Thank You. I hate uncertainty. It is an entirely reasonable to ask questions such as "what happens to captains on temporary premium ships when they stop being premium?".

When future official Wargaming releases throw up legitimate questions such as these I will take you up on your promise to answer them.

Of course I trust you to keep your word. But having dealt with Wargaming before I have copied the screen just in case. :Smile_Default:

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff
2,222 posts
11,308 battles
16 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Thank You. I hate uncertainty. It is an entirely reasonable to ask questions such as "what happens to captains on temporary premium ships when they stop being premium?".

When future official Wargaming releases throw up legitimate questions such as these I will take you up on your promise to answer them.

Of course I trust you to keep your word. But having dealt with Wargaming before I have copied the screen just in case. :Smile_Default:

I highlighted it to our content team - we always try to improve even though I think it'll always be hard to reach perfection, but we do our best. In case there is uncertainty please tag us on the forums and my team will do its best to help you!

Greetings, Crysantos

[BFS]
Beta Tester
753 posts
4,577 battles

Thanks for posting this information.  I look forward to the day that WG hire a professional proof reader (English speaker)  to ensure these inaccuracies are avoided.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,857 posts
8,066 battles

Hi all,

From NA forum:

"PSA: British Early-Access Destroyers, Final Call"

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/172645-psa-british-early-access-destroyers-final-call/

Hey Fleet!

I need to clarify and correct some of the items listed above.

- The unlocked early access ship came with a 3 point captain

- That captain that came with the early access ship is the assigned and trained captain of that RN destroyer

- During the early access period for RN destroyers, players were able to move captains trained on other vessels into the early access DDs as if it were a premium ship

Here is where the clarification is needed.

- The captain that was assigned to the early access RN DD after the patch update now requires retraining for that vessel

- The retraining requires a cost for the assigned captain to be specialized to the now tech-tree RN DD

- The stock 3 point captain that came with the early access RN DD does not require retraining and can be assigned to that vessel without any additional cost

Apologies for the conflicting information and hope this helps clear up any confusion!

Leo "Apollo11"

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,066 battles

I still have a personal mission to unlock Jarvis. It says expiration 19.11.

Is there any change for me?

[HOB]
Players
1,004 posts
4,968 battles
9 hours ago, nambr9 said:

I still have a personal mission to unlock Jarvis. It says expiration 19.11.

Is there any change for me?

Only credit compensation, if you buy him and later make him in mission.

Best option is make a mission and avoid of buying.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,970 posts
4,957 battles

Have to add, the system failed, the cap that was sitting on jervis has a board calling for "retraining required".

As usual RG doing its usual failest.

Par for the course.

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,970 posts
4,957 battles
22 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

From NA forum:

"PSA: British Early-Access Destroyers, Final Call"

Leo "Apollo11"

Oh I see they are set with their foot in their mouth, love to see.