You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Halloween - Previous Events

37 comments in this topic

[WG-EU]
WG Staff
1,832 posts
2,144 battles

Captains,

Please leave any feedback regarding the revamped Halloween modes from previous years in this thread.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

Players
1,458 posts
5,699 battles
23 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

@MrConway so Sunray in the Darkness (Hardmode) is locked behind a Clan Wall?

"Good Effort"...locking people with less active clans and clanless out!

tumblr_oqdv6m2qZa1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

Posted it in the wrong topic... But it's still true.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[A41]
Players
7 posts
2,617 battles

Why is the standard scenario T3?  Why not T5?

What is the point in having RN missions which need scenarios at T5 or higher, then give us one which is T3?

In the words of Dustin Hoffman..

"Bad Form Wargaming, Very Bad Form!"

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
453 posts
5,651 battles

I rly don't like u putting the tier 8 halloween ships in a 4 ship div minimum.

I sometimes play divs, but mostly I play solo. And I'd like to play all the features.

In short: Me no likey

• Cool 2

[SRW]
[SRW]
Players
101 posts
8,601 battles

Revamped? More like nothing new, plain down lazy from last year. And the rewards are just not worth the trouble. Last year it was at least collection of permanent camo that has some value when you grind. Now nothing important, plus this limit by divisions, you'll just have to accept that some people play solo (like me even thou I'm in a clan and a DC) so you just shot yourself in foot with that. Didn't like the space mode, pretty much don't care about the subs so now I'm just waiting to see how this rework of CV goes out and if I'm going to play them ever again. There's your honest feedback, and I'm guessing I'm not the only one.

• Cool 1

[FDE]
Players
126 posts
6,350 battles

Finding it difficult to 5-star than the last time it was up. Or maybe people who plays this are more dumber, dunno :V Splitting forces (solo-yolo to the South, dead in 3 minutes from catapults), not focusing fire, retreating to the start spawn to kill 2 BBs (and mostly dies there). Just did 5 stars once today, many loses in the process, very annoying, I think I won't play it anymore... althou I got a camo for Charles Martel (which I don't have yet, so...) from the container.

[-RDE-]
[-RDE-]
Players
22 posts
4,413 battles
5 hours ago, Viperthought said:

Why is the standard scenario T3?  Why not T5?

What is the point in having RN missions which need scenarios at T5 or higher, then give us one which is T3?

In the words of Dustin Hoffman..

"Bad Form Wargaming, Very Bad Form!"

Exactly this, you cannot complete one directive in each group because you cannot collect stars in the current operation. I noticed there are Tier 8 Halloween ships in the carousel, is this operation going to be switched out before this chain of directives expires?

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
5,804 posts
Vor 4 Stunden, Garrison2012 sagte:

Exactly this, you cannot complete one directive in each group because you cannot collect stars in the current operation.

the 7-Star-mission for the third and fourth directive can be done with tier III

Vor 4 Stunden, Garrison2012 sagte:

I noticed there are Tier 8 Halloween ships in the carousel, is this operation going to be switched out before this chain of directives expires?

no, but the hard mode of the next scenario is already available for divisions

• Cool 1

[RNVET]
Beta Tester
22 posts

Saving Transilvania, much better when it first came out rewards were great, but you get nothing for less than 5 stars (no reward), also just completed 1 that we should of got 5 stars and only got 4 , as the ship stopped but i watched and found that there were at least 2 players in the area at all times, only thing i can think of is that at the start it took time to get in area because we had no dd's.

[PUPSI]
Players
5,804 posts
Vor 2 Minuten, NorthwoodIOW sagte:

as the ship stopped but i watched and found that there were at least 2 players in the area at all times, only thing i can think of is that at the start it took time to get in area because we had no dd's. 

- at the beginning the transport doesn't move until at least one player enters the circle

- the transport stops also when an enemy enters the circle

[RNVET]
Beta Tester
22 posts

Ah yes this did happen at the end ok great, but still rewards are poor , not worth the effort anymore , Halloween a big disappointment.Seems to be harder to complete too.

[A41]
Players
7 posts
2,617 battles
8 hours ago, Klopirat said:

the 7-Star-mission for the third and fourth directive can be done with tier III

no, but the hard mode of the next scenario is already available for divisions

That's all well and good that the 3rd and 4th directive missions use T3.  But that doesn't help me with the fact that the 1st and 2nd Directive missions for 7 Stars need T5.

[-NO-]
Players
26 posts
3,967 battles

10 attempts - all fails except one 3 or 4 star - u need to explain better that the trans ships needs half its health or make it so it doesn't an just survives the battle. Today got to the gate, all enemy ships dead, all catapults dead, Rasputin half dead and trans ship goes to29K - whole operation a total fail . 15 minutes of my life wasted …………………………...

And what do you get for this ?? 300 xp despite being 3rd in team and no rewards - not worth playing.

Edited by hedgehog_s
forgot something!!
  • Cool 2

[RTRUK]
[RTRUK]
Beta Tester
77 posts
7,619 battles

Why putting in the task to gain 7 stars in scenario tier 5 and above, when the scenario is tier 3?

This is really a bad joke. April fools day is not halloween!

Then one has to gain Guinnees to get the Cossack. Guess what, you need to have the Cossack to do them...

Really, WG-humor at its best...

• Cool 1

[ALYEN]
Players
555 posts
2,078 battles
3 hours ago, Latouche_Treville said:

Hi,

It's far form perfect, but it allows numerous players to farm captain's xp (all Hallowen captains are 19 points)

Is it worth it ? T3 level does not award much XP in randoms .... I guess the Scenario does not give much to be worth it ....

Players
845 posts
7,653 battles

It is super tedious having to explain the basic mechanics of "Saving Transsylvania" to new or casual players over and over again. After the years, it should be well known what needs to be done to get a win, but it very obviously isn't known to a majority of players. Not even the mission tips screen shown prior to the scenario while it's loading up shows only general information, nothing relating specifically to this mission's peculiarities.

Some might argue that discovering how things work is part of the fun. Be that as it may. It is not even possible to copy and paste some limited info into the chat because the clipboard pasting gets disabled after a few times, probably to prevent spamming.

Wargaming should therefore at least provide a short text with the absolute basic minimum, which should be optional but easy to access and easy to find for people who actually want to know. Doesn't have to be much:

• Transsylvania starts moving toward the portal once the first ship of your group enters the circle around her. After that, she will only stop when she either reaches the portal, or all friendly ships leave the circle, or an enemy ship enters the circle.
  • The number of friendly ships in the circle is shown on top of the screen.

Also I would really like to know why the catapults manage to hit the DDs with surgical precision but keep missing the lumbering bigger ships.

Also it is just plain wrong putting up a secondary mission goal worded "Destroy all foes" or something to that effect when the actual requirement is not to kill all spawning enemy ships but just 16 of them. This of course leads to new or casual players backtracking and attacking ships spawing behind the group, in a futile attempt to achieve this pseudo objective. Super annoying.

Players
845 posts
7,653 battles
Am 18.10.2018 um 11:47, Mandalorianer sagte:

Posted it in the wrong topic... But it's still true.

Did they change it? Because all you need to do is join a division, any division? Which is super easy, just click on "looking for a division" and you are inundated with offers, and nearly all of them want to do Sunray atm.

[FOKIN]
Players
1 post
6,240 battles

Just had a success looking match with a promissing of 5 stars but at the very end one Zikasa spawned right into Transy's circle and he stoped realy close of the portal's entrance. WTH?! Bug?

Why they even keep spawning after the kill of 16 and the kill of Rasputin?!

Not even enough to keep trying and trying several times, having defeats 9 or 10 times and 3 stars only in one attempt, when you almost achieve a prefect completion the game says ,,puck you".

Well, thy for this realy enjoyable event.

Include PS and replay.

shot-18.10.21_13.12.16-0748.jpg

20181021_125848_PXSB001-Mr-Hyde_50_VanHellsing.wowsreplay

[-NO-]
Players
26 posts
3,967 battles

So update 6 battles every day in BBs and cruiser = 24 battles plus 3 in the rubbish DDs = 27 in total. Results ?? One four star, one three star the rest total failures with ZERO stars and in all those Im doing at least 100K damage in cruisers, 150 in BBs.

Its just not explained well and made worse by the actual trans ship seeming to almost deliberately put itself in the line of fire despite being sandwiched by BBs she forges ahead to get set on fire - why doesn't SHE heal in the circle - badly executed mode.

[FDE]
Players
126 posts
6,350 battles

GJ Wargayming hiding the possibility to earn scenario stars for Royal Navy missions behind the clan wall. Have you ever though about that finding random players who will play in a division in scenario is close to zero??? I am in a clan (a small one) I cannot find players to do this mission. So fix this ASAP: make the ships for "Saving Transylvania" scenario a tier V ships in micro-patch, change the missions requirements for RN missions or allow all players willing to play a scenario with tier V and above ships for EVERYBODY!!!

• Boring 1

[ELCH]
Players
59 posts
6,375 battles

There seems to be something fishy about ramming damage vs. Gorgon in Sunray in the Darkness Hard. Sometimes you basically insta-kill him when ramming with a battleship, sometimes he just doesn't take damage, regardless of angle or speed of the ram.

[-NO-]
Players
26 posts
3,967 battles

3 more battles, 3 more ZERO star games with crap 300xp - fix this so that the INSTRUCTIONS ARE CLEARER, the TRANS ship heals in the circle too and the TRANS ship doesn't decide to randomly stop when we are in circle and no enemies for miles around. Its broke, its frustrating and THERE ARE NO REWARDS because 5 stars are basically impossible.

Two more - 1 ZERO, 1 THREE - WG u must have a list of results - if 5 star wins are less than say 20% - which are I suspect they are WAY lower - then you can see this is broken. Over 30 battles now not ONE 5 star win.

[-NO-]
Players
26 posts
3,967 battles

Today - two battles - 1 Three star and 1 Four star - the Four star because Deidre the Dickshit trans ship stopped AFTER every enemy was dead except Rasputin on 400 HP and he was blocking gate - she had 58K health left too. According to a respected YouTube CC you need a Five star result to unlock a submarine for the next mode. Should be fun with one superunicum in a sub and no one else - time to rethink WG if after over 30 games I still only have 3 Four star wins and no Five stars and talking to everyone else in game they feel the Five star win is a rigged impossibility too with "odd" behaviour from the trans ship seemingly designed to halt the Five star victory.