You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Ranked Sprint

52 comments in this topic

[TVO]
Players
3 posts

Hello, 

I have some questions, so in the 10th ranked season I ranked out, i just noticed that i lost the icon of being rank1 next to my name, will i get it back once the sprint season is over? 
another question , if i did play a couple of games in the sprint season and couldnt rank out, will I be marked the rank i reach in the sprint season once its over or will i get back the icon of rank1 again once its over? 

thank you  

• Cool 1

Players
1,481 posts
5,740 battles
On 10/17/2018 at 10:29 AM, MrConway said:

Please leave any feedback regarding the new Ranked Sprint in this thread.

Congratulations for creating on of the most toxic, unbalanced and BOT-infested season I've seen sofar!

I only played 10 games and already lost the will to go any further without going mental on my "team"...

Suiciding Cruisers who whine about 21 knots BBs lagging behind? Check!

AfK Carrier? Check!

"Wisecracking" Premium (mostly Kamikaze sisters) wh*res? Check!

Good job guys...

Who had the idea to this? I want to meet him.

He deserves a high five...

In the face...

With a chair...

Made of steel!

MiserlyUnlinedGemsbuck-max-1mb.gif

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Beta Tester
785 posts
6,563 battles

Really that bad ... ?

I mean ... the chance to meet a team of "not-so-experienced-players" is a lot higher at T5 than at T8/TX, of course.

This is something to have in mind, when joinig this sprint.

Well, i wonder what i will find wghen i try this evening ... :Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

Players
1,481 posts
5,740 battles
1 hour ago, The_Pillager said:

Really that bad ... ?

I mean ... the chance to meet a team of "not-so-experienced-players" is a lot higher at T5 than at T8/TX, of course.

This is something to have in mind, when joinig this sprint.

Well, i wonder what i will find wghen i try this evening ... :Smile_Default:

Even worse...

But it's probably only my personal "luck", like when I open container or general iRL...

[Edit] Truely a P2W season from what I've seen sofar...

Beta Tester
785 posts
6,563 battles

well, something that was written on the wall in big neon letters from start. :Smile_teethhappy:

My only intention in participating is to accompany my daughter as Senpai and therefore my point of view is pretty relaxed.

If I paticipate, my ships will be premiums too, probably. Have hardly any silverships at T5 left in harbour ...

Players
1,481 posts
5,740 battles
16 minutes ago, The_Pillager said:

well, something that was written on the wall in big neon letters from start. :Smile_teethhappy:

My only intention in participating is to accompany my daughter as Senpai and therefore my point of view is pretty relaxed.

If I paticipate, my ships will be premiums too, probably. Have hardly any silverships at T5 left in harbour ...

Yeah, the usual suspects:

Kamikaze sisters, Potato Paysare, Okt. Revo. (what I play) and Texas (mostly in a Division with a CV because wargaming and thinking is...yeah)

Can't wait on the first day stats on wows stats tomorrow...

[Edit]: 14 games, 4 wins and a super Rank 7 (zero stars) - enough cancer for one day. Thanks for nothing wargaming.

[TRV]
Beta Tester
118 posts
9,394 battles

The idea of ranked is excelent, in working order a "clan battle" or almost  for the guys that dont have the time to put in to real clan battles. But the way its implemented is just so poorly planned and there are so many things lacking.

a few cruicial key moments:

1) Players that isnt interested in learning or improving, classified as bad in any standard are free to join and does so. Im talking about players that really should focus learning how to play at all doing ranked battles where its supose to be some kind of kompetition and test of skills. i.e it will be like organizing a hardcore buck hunt in the wild, having some guys really tuned sneaking, watching the noice and so forth, and then having 1-3 oddballs playing flute, jumping around, studying the trees.

It will NEVER work, there need to be some kind of minimum performance required to do ranked, this kan be set so not to many gets denied the option.

2) The ship lineup, omg u cant play soccer with only defensive players or goalkeepers, as u cant play a battle in wows with BBs testing if the borders really are borders, there need to be a fixed lineup (+/-). And some ships should really not be allowed. There isnt many ships thats bad but a okhotnik in ranked....well to do some difference against average players u will have to be really really good (and then some). With the possible option to get 1 BB on each team the team with the best player in it auto wins.

3) The reward system regarding XP and credits, its bad as it is and worse when it comes to ranked, no, nill ,zero reward for spotting so while 1-2 players spotts and takes the risk the other dudes takes all the reward for damage done.

In my opinion WG should really get guys like the 2 developers that works with the CV change (the 2 guys on the video last weekend) in the loop developing ranked, those two had really gotten the point, when it did come to the problems limitations and possible solutions. So many seasons of ranked and so little change , so many people saying the same should tell a tale.

PS: when i talk about player skills i mean ALL aspects of a players  performance, not reffering to the guys thats really good at farming "the right stats". Lots of players with unicum stats are well bellow that if u put em without a "commander" in a battle. To get a real pic of player ability u need to at least consider ships used and tier, , spotting, cap/decap, damage, kills ,average XP and winrate. With bad player i personal sets 600/700 average XP as real bad, seldom do they have ok other stats eighter. Just so the post wont be spammed by guys having opinion of what stat is important ;)

NOw this isnt fair but look at this guy, first ranked of the day ; https://wows-numbers.com/player/500337029,ylab/ just to show my point.

Players
865 posts
7,699 battles

Vor 1 Stunde, Joergensen sagte:

2) The ship lineup, omg u cant play soccer with only defensive players or goalkeepers, as u cant play a battle in wows with BBs testing if the borders really are borders, there need to be a fixed lineup (+/-).

You can't fix border hugging / camping with a fixed line-up. Or lemming trains, for that matter.

You probably could fix it with map design.

But that would probably turn Ranked Sprint from a bit of cheap, quick and dirty love for the low tiers into a major development project.

Zitat

3) The reward system regarding XP and credits, its bad as it is and worse when it comes to ranked, no, nill ,zero reward for spotting so while 1-2 players spotts and takes the risk the other dudes takes all the reward for damage done.

Yes.

That's bad because it does not reward good game play, which is basically the same as rewarding bad game play.

Just as exempting carriers from the minimum travel requirement of the unsporting conduct sanctions.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,044 posts
6,183 battles

It was fun but short, reached 1 rank in 17 battles and can't play anymore :(
At least allow us to switch ships and continue playing.

• Cool 1

Players
2,795 posts
15,358 battles

First of all, WG did not sayed exactly what about future normal ranked seasons. From what I understood, it was the last with steel & flag ?

Players
42 posts
4,238 battles

Ranked out, took me 38 battles, started off in the GC but dont have much of a captain and I kind of got stuck around rank 5-4 ended up using a 19p New Mexico captain in the Texas. Lot of fun.

[MUMMY]
Players
115 posts
6,336 battles

@MrConway Honestly i feel you guys did a good job with this ranked sprint, especially as it really seems you've tweaked how the XP system works, playing the objectives & spotting as a DD means getting top XP most of the time, this really seems like a positive change & hopefully (if it's true that you've tweaked the XP system) you'll roll out these changes to proper ranked seasons from here on!

• Cool 1

[BRTMN]
Beta Tester
54 posts
13,655 battles

I have just ranked out - I have never managed to rank in the normal competition, probably as I am not good enough. I like it, obviously, in particular the fact that you cant lose rank 3! if we had been using the other rules I would have done my usual up and down and end up at around 5 with loads of battles played but not quite enough time to get to 1.

[UNICS]
Players
2,785 posts
11,545 battles

Very nice variety of Ranked imo. The tiers and the ability to div up, coupled with the 'sprint' works well. Most people should have a reasonable chance to enjoy themselves in some manner and the chance to abuse or get too frustrated should be relatively low.

Sure, you got OP kamis and Giulios, but the battles are over fairly quickly and they don't affect the outcome too much in the end. Otherwise, I see little flaws in the system. Working as intended.

I'm probably not done yet with the season.

1 hour ago, _Keepo_ said:

Honestly i feel you guys did a good job with this ranked sprint, especially as it really seems you've tweaked how the XP system works, playing the objectives & spotting as a DD means getting top XP most of the time, this really seems like a positive change & hopefully (if it's true that you've tweaked the XP system) you'll roll out these changes to proper ranked seasons from here on!

It seems dds are getting plenty of XP now, yes... Given their influence in battles, maybe too much? I've only played a few games yet, so it's too early for me to tell.

• Bad 1

[-NO-]
Players
26 posts
4,255 battles

I thought when this was introduced - oh good a ranked battle scenario for us newer players with tier 7 max ships etc. - then I watched the famous youtubers telling you what ships to "rebuy" and what 19 point captains to run...…….

In short you either get wrecked in 5 minutes by a seal clubber team or if they are on your side you wreck the enemy buts as a newer player do very little damage. Tier  8 or 10 should be kept as that for those players to play - Tier 5 ranked should not be infested with players who do 200K in a DesMoines every weekend - I cant believe this is in the "spirit" it was intended to be??

[A-Z]
Players
165 posts

Positive things:

a) more than half of the ranks is irrevocable (6/10)

b) tier V means "player friendly economics" (you can let go of using economic signals and focus on combat)

c) no "broken" (operating through terrain obstacles) radars

d) no "alt" on aircraft carriers

Negative things:

a) all the time the same sick system of winning and losing stars, based on win / loss, very effectively blocking (or even withdrawing) the progress

b) rewards are pure mockery of players (more signals are consumed than it is possible to gain + consumables that are not obtained)

c) the name "Sprint" is a real joke (30 battles to obtain rank 5 - I will not try any more, it's waste of time and nerves)

d) even despite the lack of "alt", aircraft carriers still have too much influence on the result

Summary:

The idea itself is very good. We finally have something other than "economic disaster of tier X". Only... well, as soon as we dig into the details, it turns out that this is nothing else, but a very miserly version of the usual ranking battles, with the same sick system of winning and losing stars, which acts against progress (and in my opinion, is the biggest failure of the developers of this game). If this system is not changed, it will make this mode more and more stressful, frustrating and completely pointless (for the average and weak players) element of the game.

Players
411 posts
7,064 battles

Fun and short season. No radar EDIT meta so there was time for fun games.

The only nonfun games were the ones where my CV was unskilled.

Edited by Kampa1987
Inappropriate comparison

[TENGO]
Players
223 posts
8,827 battles

It is fun and i can relate to some complains. But playing the Nicholas myself i think with a mix of brain and a little luck you can enjoy it. Still better than the toxic t10 shows that where the last two seasons of regular ranked

[MUMMY]
Players
115 posts
6,336 battles
On 10/21/2018 at 2:44 PM, Amaha said:

Summary:

The idea itself is very good. We finally have something other than "economic disaster of tier X". Only... well, as soon as we dig into the details, it turns out that this is nothing else, but a very miserly version of the usual ranking battles, with the same sick system of winning and losing stars, which acts against progress (and in my opinion, is the biggest failure of the developers of this game). If this system is not changed, it will make this mode more and more stressful, frustrating and completely pointless (for the average and weak players) element of the game.

You realise that it's ranked right? i.e. you're final rank will usually depend on your level of skill, therefore of course the average & weak players in the game will find it "stressful, frustrating and completely pointless" 

Unless of course, you want Wargaming to implement some kind of welfare state where all animals are equal?

[A-Z]
Players
165 posts
2 hours ago, _Keepo_ said:

You realise that it's ranked right?

According to the topic title, yes.

you're final rank will usually depend on your level of skill

The... what? Yes, I see "usually", but... Skill level is on the 4rh place in queue of thing that affect on Your final rank. On 3rd place is RNG, on 2nd is MM, and on the 1st its Your determination. So if You remove first three thing, then Im perfectly fine with: "you're final rank will usually depend on your level of skill".

all animals are equal

I'm to fan of George Orwell "Animal Farm" :fish_book:.

Players
865 posts
7,699 battles
Am 21.10.2018 um 14:37, hedgehog_s sagte:

In short you either get wrecked in 5 minutes by a seal clubber team or if they are on your side you wreck the enemy buts as a newer player do very little damage.

Generally low validity notwithstanding, the stats linked up by Mandalorianer do seem to make one thing very plain:

Dealing a lot of damage is not what wins the battles in Ranked Sprint.

At least the ships that deal the most damage - top ten all BBs are completely different ones from those that have the highest win rates (top ten almost all DDs.)