CV Player - How to get on to test server ? Part 2

18 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
53 posts

Wargaming Ticket 115549827

Dear [YARRR] El2aZeR,

I have followed the instructions of your link:
https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/carriers_rework_starting_pack/

...and Im logged in with my main account.

Looking at the screenshots there, if I click on account management in the game center ( screenshot below ),
the general account website pops up
https://eu.wargaming.net/personal/

I do not have the option of the red arrow within the game center of
"2. Go to WoWS game settings and chose "install additional game instanse",
the graphical symbol of this person-icon-in-the-circle does not exist.

Its the icon of the red arrow from the instructions:
1. How do I install the test client?

The icon & red arrow image below is taken from

it does not exist in my game client, not in account management(opens general account website), neither in other part of the game center.

How can I enable this icon, so that I can click on it ?

image.png.9a6e9ff3191a2cd1ed4b59367698ff73.png

I can not answer you in the forum, it says I need to post 50x thread content to reply to you.

How can I make it possible to add the person-in the-circle icon, so that I can click on it ?

image.png.dd3c3992e3efc3eb8dcff14e34f2ff9b.png

------------
[YARRR]
El2aZeR
Posted 9 minutes ago
The CV test client is not the public test client.

Instructions on how to install the CV test client can be found here:

How do I install the test client?
    1. Log in to Wargaming.net Game Center with your main account - the one you used for your application;

2. Go to WoWS game settings and chose "install additional game instance";

3. Choose "TST" region and install the client;

4. To log in to the test server, you will need to launch the test client and put in your login and password for your test account - the credentials we sent you in your email.
------------
Posted 16 minutes ago
puffpuff134
Why is wargaming making it so complicated to get on to this test server ?

Ive got an invite from Wargaming to get on the server for the CV Rework, after trying to figure out for half an hour how to get on to the test server I gave up.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/pt-guide/

Somebody can help ?

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,691 posts
13,130 battles

You only need that icon if you're not logged in. If you're logged in just skip to step 2 and go to the game settings.

Beta Tester
53 posts

Ok, thank you very much.

I used to play without the game center. Over the years the Warship installer created the game  3 times in 3 separate folders. I have deleted them all yesterday and then installed the game center. I was looking 5 minutes for the page and this game setting function in the game center, what a tiny button to look for. Ive added another instance now.

It would be great if a realm can just be selected in the normal client login screen like in EvE Online or some other MMO. Its not as if Wargaming is a fresh little startup releasing their first game. Please make this easy in the normal games client login screen. Or is the intention to hide away the test server(s) so that casual players dont get tempted to help testing ? The CV rework invite email from Wargaming forwarded me to the traditional testserver info webpage in .ru, throwing out Error 500 Internal Server Error

on some parts of the Wargaming webpage layout.

What a chaos. Thank you very much for helping :)

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
413 posts
5,578 battles

I only get these region options:

image.png.9c67adf998d0185477346f19aee65c4b.png

I don't have  "TST" as an option.   Does that mean I am not one of the people selected for CV testing, despite having been one of the people who originally received the email invitation from Wargaming?   

Beta Tester
53 posts

Dont know - Perhaps check again now. Wargaming sent me this:

"I am sorry that you had troubles with the new beta test for Aircraft carriers. In fact the test started just before a while, in the time you were trying to join it still wasn't available."

I signed up for the CV test a while ago and then receive an email invite recently.

[ESURA]
Players
1 post
3,687 battles

Anybody else have their credentials not working? I kept getting server connection messages when trying to log in with them, but when I tried to use them to log in for the supertester bug report site it just flat out told me my credentials where wrong (and yes I also tried using my normal wargaming login info, but those didn't work either).

Is this just a server issue, a credential issue or am I just being stupid?

[SUNKD]
Beta Tester
7 posts
5,656 battles
2 hours ago, akarub said:

Anybody else have their credentials not working? I kept getting server connection messages when trying to log in with them, but when I tried to use them to log in for the supertester bug report site it just flat out told me my credentials where wrong (and yes I also tried using my normal wargaming login info, but those didn't work either).

Is this just a server issue, a credential issue or am I just being stupid?

Same, my credentials aren't working so i'm guessing there is an issue.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
23 posts
14,710 battles

Try again tomorrow (Thursday 18th) 12:00 UTC as todays start was delayed until then.

Beta Tester
53 posts

After installing another instance of the game, it seems a server realm selection is only possible BEFORE installation ?

Awesome, another deinstall and download.

image.png.59147b66b5b047e04ca88f5efcdefe6e.png

Either I`ve got it running in a week or I`ll just wait until Uboots & CV Rework are in the game. My frustration tolerance is at the end, I think I`ll rather play some other game now.

Beta Tester
53 posts

I see this TST now

image.png.c8076395e7094bd1b0c698877902eb46.pngimage.png.f98cf2183c7f9011ec8490340bd008e6.png

Installing another instance and touch wood that this TST works with the credentials Wargaming has sent me.

Im ready now for some more frustration experiences, lets see...

Beta Tester
53 posts

TST is working right now, at least for me.

Damn the new CV stuff is awesome !!!

WoWs you have my love back.

The new CV stuff + Uboats and I`ll play WoWs again :)

BTW

They made repairs so expensive, I could only play 2 matches. So whats the point on that in terms of players testing CV`s ?

Do they think that players buy dubloons on a short-term test server ?

I can not understand why they did not have ONE in-house tester at Wargaming to detect this mayor repair bill issue, which is so obvious.

-----------------------------------------

Ticket ID 115596296: Super test/common test

Please reach out to the TST server team which takes care of the CV/Aircraft carrier rework.
Players can only play a few matches on that test server, as the ship repair bills are sky high. Please remove the repair costs on the TST test server for all players.

[-DDD-]
[-DDD-]
Players
9 posts
5,960 battles

i still cant get on to test server have put in the details that were in the email and its still saying there wrong have sent wg emails and still in same spot wich sucks as i like to play cvs

[TVO]
Players
3 posts
13,897 battles
9 hours ago, felix1666 said:

i still cant get on to test server have put in the details that were in the email and its still saying there wrong have sent wg emails and still in same spot wich sucks as i like to play cvs

Me too. The client keeps telling me the username or password is incorrect. Can somebody please help us? Thx :) 

[SW-HR]
Players
1 post
6,635 battles

[GWEDM]
Players
2 posts
6,763 battles

If before it was complicated to play with the air divisions, here, it is to play the aircraft carrier which is complicated. The travels are random and very often, we make no more than fight with avions. The fact of not being able to throw that an air group at the same time returns the game not interesting aircraft carrier. If it had to stay so, I shall not play anymore doors planes. It is as interesting that submarines Imagine to play one hardened where, when we are in phase AA, we cannot check his direction or see the shootings of the opponent. Immersif, it is. We should be able to choose between the former and the new CV version, me, I prefer the former.
Note: in tips: a reminder of touches for CV shall be good one ideas ...

[RNX]
Players
5 posts
1,670 battles

My credentials are not working too. I tried everything ( logging in at different times, install-reinstall the whole clients (main, public, TST) still nothing, hope someone worked this around. 

Sign in to follow this