You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nipponsei

Lets talk Republique... The French Tier X BB

What is your opinion on the Republique?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. The Republique is:

• Fine as it is.
    • In need of a Rework.
    • NERF THIS BATCHIT CRAZY PIECE OF JUNK RIGHT NOW !@$%^&

71 comments in this topic

Players
1,687 posts
245 battles
10 minutes ago, Elypse201 said:

*cough cough* Richelieu *cough cough*

Never played that either, so my point still stands. Missy.

sprays water at smollelypse

[MIRAI]
Players
858 posts
5,879 battles
5 minutes ago, CptBarney said:

Never played that either

Well that's your fault then when you want to play a Ship from a certain line and never played the line itself. :cap_book:

*patpat*

Spoiler

maybe.gif.4fe1be8e1595802c1eee7f7e54d1c837.gif

Players
71 posts
1,562 battles
Il y a 34 minutes, Elypse201 a dit :

*cough cough* Richelieu *cough cough*

playing the Richie atm, but I wouldn't mind a few pointers please  :cap_look:

[RBMF]
476 posts
6,711 battles

Behold, the revival of a dead thread. Republique is still fine the way she is at the moment.

• Cool 2

[O-S-W]
Players
450 posts
13,214 battles

real world: republica had 8 guns

end of discussions.

but here is another problem is: CV droping fighters.... absurd..nothing with reality. shame of the game.

back to republica: unique upgrade. every 20sec 430mm salvo.......................... brutal:)

Players
2,032 posts
7,240 battles

Anyone who thinks the Republic is either Op or Poor (so both ends of the spectrum) is mad.

She is perfectly fine as she is with good pros and cons. 

I think she is quite balanced to be honest compered to many out there. 

Players
1,687 posts
245 battles
3 hours ago, Elypse201 said:

Well that's your fault then when you want to play a Ship from a certain line and never played the line itself. :cap_book:

*patpat*

Reveal hidden contents

maybe.gif.4fe1be8e1595802c1eee7f7e54d1c837.gif

Shush smoll buli, i was gifted the ship by the king of dots himself (which i am forever grateful of). So i didnt pick teh ship.

*sprays even more water at smollelypse*

*gives a headpat*.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,831 posts
15,836 battles
On 5/7/2019 at 4:09 AM, unmakerr said:

played couple of games in the Republique  and   im feeling  like im  on ship full with gasoline,  for me at the moment its the worst BB.  burning to fast in my opinion. and the guns  are mediocre . if build secondaries   like i did  u get to close and burn in seconds..if u wanna play  from distance the dispersion  its quite big and the lack of guns...so i think it has his moments but its not a  reliable BB 

Dont build for secondaries rep is meant to play from distance

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
920 posts
7,426 battles

My Repu build is secondary, because the ship is accurate and fairly immune from damage at long range, and in late game I like to get the vaseline out and get wired right in at close range. Usually from a flank and behind the enemy 

Players
2,032 posts
7,240 battles

Love this ship and one of my best BB's.  Probably my favourite at 10 at the moment as it's a great all rounder which can be adapted to all sorts of game play.

Full tank build for me, tried secondary build and enjoyed it.  But you get more out of the ship with a full tank build with both my WR and damage going up.

When you pull it off then Secondaries can earn their money back and more, But with all that HE being thrown around, a tank build is just better suited to it. 

Being covered in 32 MM armour is just inviting HE from every angle and you cant tank ships close.  I find this ship goes up in flames quite alot so FP was a non brainier for me. 

It's a fast flanking Battleship that can get the rounds down in a short amount of time and devastate camping teams.  It's made to do this.  Not steaming into secondary range all guns blazing as you wont last long.  It has speed boost for a reason and that's for positioning early or pushing the flanks quickly. 

The way i see it is that one good salvo from my main guns can do more damage than your secondaries can do for minuets.  So firing those guns for longer (tank build) is more logical. 

But a secondary build is fun and workable.  However, the Kurf is still the king in that respect. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,032 posts
7,240 battles

Only yesterday I 3 cit a Buffalo at max range right from the start.  Took him right out of the game.

It's punching power, shell speed, fast firing and accuracy at distance never disappoints. 

Players
1,687 posts
245 battles

I find the jean bart a gud flanker and kiter too be honest. I hope miss republique follows that trend in a similar fashion.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,463 posts
6,952 battles
11 hours ago, CptBarney said:

I find the jean bart a gud flanker and kiter too be honest. I hope miss republique follows that trend in a similar fashion.

Yes and no.

République amazing penetration means you're not exactly forced to flank like Jean Bart need. You can blap cruisers from fronts and engage most BB at almost any angle. I find it actually better than Montana at doing that, because its gun ensure you won't get trolled with half your shells bouncing on a slightly angled Bismarck. No. You score a 20k salvo on him instead.

Players
1,061 posts
3,469 battles

I only have it so that my Alsace can earn more fxp, same reason I go for the tier X's actually, although I just got the 'wooster' but sold the Seattle to get it, never liked the Seattle anyways.

Not far off he Midway, again I want her because she will make my Lexington earn more fxp, although out of all the tier 8 CV's she is my least favourite.

Can we have a poll to put the Kaga and Saipan, back down to tier 7 where they belong?

Players
1,687 posts
245 battles
9 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

Yes and no.

République amazing penetration means you're not exactly forced to flank like Jean Bart need. You can blap cruisers from fronts and engage most BB at almost any angle. I find it actually better than Montana at doing that, because its gun ensure you won't get trolled with half your shells bouncing on a slightly angled Bismarck. No. You score a 20k salvo on him instead.

oh right, does it get bonuses on it's pen rates then or at distance? because i thought the 440's wouldn't be enough to overmatch most angled bb's or cruisers. I find the dispersion on the jean bart annoying though.

Players
1,061 posts
3,469 battles
On 5/8/2019 at 7:58 AM, Yedwy said:

Dont build for secondaries rep is meant to play from distance

Now I have mine for the secondaries simply because they have the longest range in the game, but I do miss the third turret of the Alsace.

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,831 posts
15,836 battles

Oh dont get me wrong you CAN build for sec. but surviving the situation to acctually use those... Ahem... Sometimes sure, anegtotal stuff (had it as well) but in the end IMO it simply eats 2 much raw IFHE damage to reliably brawl + you need to give a crapton of side to unmask 50% of your weapons

Modder
1,673 posts
3,624 battles
On 10/17/2018 at 9:10 AM, Azakeit said:

The speed gimmick is flawed, and like the french cruiser line it seems that WG put underrated stock maximum speed on the ships just to justify the addition of the speed boost consumable (which make the ship acutally at the 'normal' speed they would have.)

wtf

[GATOI]
Players
16 posts
19,808 battles

Anyone noticed lately that actual dispersion with Legendary is worst than Kurfurst? Is this a bug? I removed Legendary and dispersion is back to normal again, quite accurate as it always has been.

Players
816 posts
On 5/8/2019 at 11:13 PM, NoobySkooby said:

Can we have a poll to put the Kaga and Saipan, back down to tier 7 where they belong?

The Kaga. Was in a match tonight with a Kaga vs T10 ships. Felt sorry for the guy playing it following his planes after I was killed to see how he did. 4 separate attack runs all ended with planes killed and no hits done on the enemy ships. Must be frustrating playing the Kaga in T10 matches, the planes just got obliterated right away each time on first attack run by too strong a AA on T10 ships for its tier 6 planes.

No way from what I saw it should meet T10 ships

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,831 posts
15,836 battles

Not only with kaga, playing t10 mm in a t8 cv can be frustrating, dont get me wrong, i am not claiming it unplayable, you CAN even drop, with slingshot or island drops you can even preserve planes to a degree but its god damn :etc_swear:fest, one mistake or second of not paying attention and half your planes are gone, ok you regenerate planes but not that fast, and if you get "that speshul team" that folds immediatly and you are forced to drop head on...