Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ydoum

DP guns and AA suggestion

4 comments in this topic

[5D]
Players
33 posts
3,573 battles

I've been thinking (don't judge).

Since we do have models that rotate and elevate their guns upon aiming, in my honest opinion there should be no way of actually both firing your DP guns (be it your main turrets or secondary DP guns) and use them for AA at the same time.

My suggestion would be to create a mechanic similar to disabling your secondaries and AA that would not allow you to fire your main and secondary dual purpose guns on ground targets if you're actually going for aircraft. Some of those guns would also need to have blindspots created, as some of them could not elevate 90* and not rotate 360* depending on their placement. This would further allow for more specialization, given that some AA guns were simply better designed to work as AA guns.

It would probably require a damage output rework of those guns, but it would make the game slightly more realistic; especially since there are more and more ships with def. AA consumable out there, and CVs are scarce as they are. Even after the rework this could be a thing to look into.

• Bad 1

[-AP-]
Players
425 posts
2,195 battles

Gameplay > Realism

Such a mechanic would make virtually all aa cruisers in this game reluctant to sacrifice their dps to save allies around them with aa. And its pointless

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,166 battles

In the rework long and mid range AA can be dodged while low range AA is RNG (damage is fixed, accuracy is RNG) according to last info (dunno if it still holds true tho).

Thus I see no reason to nerf DP AA any further.

• Cool 1

Players
560 posts

Yeah, but in real life, torpedo bombers didn't have the necessary training and discipline to fly in tight Red Arrows, line abreast formations, like they do in this game.

In real life, fighter attack, for example, would completely split up the formation.

If they're going to make AA more realistic, make the plane piloting more realistic too.

Sign in to follow this