You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Miblogdegolf

Stalingrad at KOTS?

143 comments in this topic

[FL4-0]
Players
2,638 posts
9,356 battles

Hi:

I don't know if it's the right place to do it, so (moderators) move it if it's wrong. My clan just enlisted to play the KOTS this weekend but I just realised that WG recently released an unfair ship called Stalingrad (a big mistake, in my opinion) that I don't know if will be able to participate in this tournament. We all know a "normal" cruiser has nothing to do against this OP ship, so it would be very sad to see it can be used at the KOTS. BB health pool, cheat front armor,  Stalinium AP penetration, 12 kms radar, etc. seems too unfair, specially considering only the best players can have it. So, giving them an aditional advantage is very sad.  Off course, some of them will write here that they deserved the ship, etc.....but if they were real sportive, they woud agree they shoud win the rest of the players with similar ships because they are better players, no because they own a very OP ship.

Thanks in advance

• Funny 3
  • Bad 1

[TTT]
Players
3,554 posts
7,443 battles
17 minutes ago, Miblogdegolf said:

Hi:

I don't know if it's the right place to do it, so (moderators) move it if it's wrong. My clan just enlisted to play the KOTS this weekend but I just realised that WG recently released an unfair ship called Stalingrad (a big mistake, in my opinion) that I don't know if will be able to participate in this tournament. We all know a "normal" cruiser has nothing to do against this OP ship, so it would be very sad to see it can be used at the KOTS. BB health pool, cheat front armor,  Stalinium AP penetration, 12 kms radar, etc. seems too unfair, specially considering only the best players can have it. So, giving them an aditional advantage is very sad.  Off course, some of them will write here that they deserved the ship, etc.....but if they were real sportive, they woud agree they shoud win the rest of the players with similar ships because they are better players, no because they own a very OP ship.

Thanks in advance

entirely the wrong place - it's not like there wasn't a KOTS Discord, you know... this tournament has very little to do with Wargaming (at least on the organisational side, they do provide a lot of support of course!) but I'll forward it to the organizers regardless...

• Cool 1

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,195 posts
10,992 battles
Vor 19 Minuten, Miblogdegolf sagte:

We all know a "normal" cruiser has nothing to do against this OP ship

Except they have. It's called angling.

Stalingrad HE dpm is on T7 level, so any cruiser (ok, sorry Minotaur) can just HE spam it to death without having to fear it.

• Cool 3

[HR]
Beta Tester
782 posts
7,727 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Except they have. It's called angling.

Stalingrad HE dpm is on T7 level, so any cruiser (ok, sorry Minotaur) can just HE spam it to death without having to fear it.

Right because ppl will use HE on stalingrad. That's like saying most people use AP on conq.

• Cool 3

[RAIN]
[RAIN]
Players
16 posts
13,649 battles

Ok, let me take some parts of your comment and speak my mind and a few facts. First of all we´re talking about competitive here so just weighing up ships in an 1 on 1 fashion isnt really what its about. Second of all you´re talking about "cheat" frontal armor. You do know that the majority of the bow is 25mm, right? Only a small part at the waterline at the bow is covered in 50mm that can bounce everything once angled. it has exactly the same radar as the moskva offers (which btw factually has stronger bow armor). And yes it has plenty of HP but its spotted from the moon aswell. Its one of the few remaining ships that can be very easily perma spotted by the CV. Thats a huge factor. So maybe go more in depth on why you think it should be removed.

• Cool 4

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
6,747 battles
27 minutes ago, Miblogdegolf said:

specially considering only the best players can have it

This was (kinda) to be the case, but WG made it so that now you buy it with a grindable currency, steel. So eventually, over time, even sub 50wr warriors can have that ship by grinding prizes from low ranks and leagues. Sure it will take sh*tloads of time, but steel is grindable for everyone.

Rest of the arguments are the usual stuff you read from Stalingrad threads, formed after gaining massive personal experience by playing the ship in question. Oh well :Smile_popcorn:

[RAIN]
[RAIN]
Players
16 posts
13,649 battles
1 minute ago, Animalul2012 said:

this is the object 907 of wows competitive t10 gameplay is ruined with this boat around.

Tell me then how will it ruin competitive? I wish someone would forward some fresh arguments/scenarios.

Sailing Hamster
2,335 posts
9,224 battles

No matter what you think of the ship itself, it should be banned in competetive. On that we can agree. It isn't (yet) though, so you will have to play against it in this tournament.

• Cool 4

[RAIN]
[RAIN]
Players
16 posts
13,649 battles

Well Earl in that case go ahead and share exactly why? Im curious.

Sailing Hamster
2,335 posts
9,224 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Dced said:

Tell me then how will it ruin competitive? I wish someone would forward some fresh arguments/scenarios.

It's simply a ship not available to everyone, and even if you think it's not inherently broken, it does offer certain advantages on select maps other teams, no matter their skill, just can't get. It should be banned, simple as that. It's a reward for CW, you can play it in randoms, look at it in port, but no one should think you have some kind of right to play it in competetive as well. The whole point of moving the competetive tier to T10 was pretty much to decrease the influence of not commonly available premiums. Bringing Stalingrad into the mix now is simply counteracting this fine concept.

• Cool 6

Sailing Hamster
2,335 posts
9,224 battles
1 minute ago, Mr_Dced said:

Well Earl in that case go ahead and share exactly why? Im curious.

I did. There's no valid argument for it to be allowed in competetive pretty much. And that's an opinion I hold although we will never run into any problems in regards to fielding Stalingrads. Let me ask you a question: what benefit does allowing Stalingrad bring to the table?

[RO-RN]
Players
138 posts
4,310 battles
Just now, Mr_Dced said:

you did not hear about the object 907 did you? the best t10 medium with heavy tank armor and  more than 3000 dmp sound balanced right? ohh and here we have this ship with super accuracy, with better ricochet angles, 50 mm armor that bounce most he shells and all battleships ap, we got 1 minute defensive aa, radar, heal! oh and the guns also have great ballistics with great penetration, you can obliterate any cruiser and battleships with those! and even if you are going to bow on tank he will burn you down because this ship has 35% fire chance and about 5400 damage! this ship is balanced its only counters are just conqueror and hindenburg thanks to great he pen! 

• Cool 2

Players
2,842 posts
5,136 battles
11 minutes ago, Mr_Dced said:

First of all we´re talking about competitive here so just weighing up ships in an 1 on 1 fashion isnt really what its about.

Actually... thats exactly what competitive gaming is all about.

Players
8 posts
16,369 battles
Just now, ForlornSailor said:

Actually... thats exactly what competitive gaming is all about.

That would be team vs team, not 1v1 in individual ships.

Players
2,842 posts
5,136 battles
1 minute ago, DeathFromAbove_2014 said:

That would be team vs team, not 1v1 in individual ships.

Its the same thing.

[OM]
Players
17 posts
2,343 battles

In my opinion Stalingrad is too strong against Minotaur.

And Stalingrad offers an extremely large Healthpool for pushing .

[RAIN]
[RAIN]
Players
16 posts
13,649 battles

I disagree on the reasoning to move comp to t10. From my pov it was simply a push to create a proper "endgame" and have some actual use for the last 2 tiers. Probably the point you made played a minor factor too but i dont think it was the determining factor. Now in regards to availability. If you dont share my opinion fine but i see it as follows: This tournament is currently basically the duell for the pinacle of the server. If you want to achieve that youve got to put in the time and effort and if you cant field a certain ship you either work around or go grind it. And regarding your question: It doesnt bring any benefit to the table but is that what should determine if a ship is allowed or not? I wouldnt agree to that. And in regards to the availability: EXACTLY! TWA could field an entire team of them so could we. There is a reason its not happening in trainings and we´re seeing not a bunch if them stacked together.

[RO-RN]
Players
138 posts
4,310 battles

1vs 1 or not this ship is OP! stop being such a jerk and admitted, it needs to be nerfed or not allowed in ranked, clan wars or any competitive gaming!

[HR]
Beta Tester
782 posts
7,727 battles
Just now, Mr_Dced said:

I disagree on the reasoning to move comp to t10. From my pov it was simply a push to create a proper "endgame" and have some actual use for the last 2 tiers. Probably the point you made played a minor factor too but i dont think it was the determining factor. Now in regards to availability. If you dont share my opinion fine but i see it as follows: This tournament is currently basically the duell for the pinacle of the server. If you want to achieve that youve got to put in the time and effort and if you cant field a certain ship you either work around or go grind it. And regarding your question: It doesnt bring any benefit to the table but is that what should determine if a ship is allowed or not? I wouldnt agree to that. And in regards to the availability: EXACTLY! TWA could field an entire team of them so could we. There is a reason its not happening in trainings and we´re seeing not a bunch if them stacked together.

Pinnacle is one thing. Why don't you use a ship that everyone have access to? If this ship offer nothing new to the table then bring a moskva. I think you're in denial when it comes ot this ship not being totally broken.

• Cool 4

[RAIN]
[RAIN]
Players
16 posts
13,649 battles

I´ll stick to what i said about how strong the ship is and i dont think im in "denial" either. Again ill ask of you an explanation of why it is "totally broken".