Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DuneDreamer

Update 0.7.10

54 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SDS7]
Players
214 posts

I both watched the presentation and read the news about update 0.7.10 but didn't see any info on what we were expecting the most - the new tier 9 and 10 premium ships (something meaningful to grind towards). Are we to expect them in a new update for the reason that the developers aren't sure these ships are balanced at their respective tiers presently? Are there any other reasons for delaying these ships?

Futhermore, the camouflages for Ashitaka are Kobayashi may look cool to kids but certainly don't add any desirable bonuses which also means that their price in doubloons isn't justified. If WG has added a bonus of 50 or 100% free XP to permanent camouflages, they will be much more desirable and of course sell better.

I hope that the Mogami's Octopus camouflage will only be available for the kids-mainly Halloween event. So now we'll be shooting at animated octopuses on Random? Really? Why not put Trump on another ship for a better incentive to score citadels? Camos such as this, together with the space camos, break the realism of the game.

 

These are my opinions about 0.7.10 and I feel somewhat disappointed about it for the aforementioned reasons.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
13,678 posts
10,389 battles

New premiums are usually released on Fridays.

Maybe WG wants us to spend our money on other stuff first, before they bring the juicy stuff.

Some people cannot restrain themselves and then buy twotimes. That is what WG is counting on.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SDS7]
Players
214 posts
40 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

New premiums are usually released on Fridays.

Maybe WG wants us to spend our money on other stuff first, before they bring the juicy stuff.

Some people cannot restrain themselves and then buy twotimes. That is what WG is counting on.

 

I agree, but I'm not buying an octopus even though Dasha has said she likes the camo the most (which I doubt by the way. Someone must have told her what to like from the update). Such a bad idea can only be sold if the camo brings 200 or 300% free XP bonus with it.

I'm saving my doubloons and free XP for something more meaningful.

 

By the way, I wondered why we have "A week of France: triple pack" presently. They are obviously trying the sell the old French ships before the better French premiums are announced at the end of this year. You nailed it down pretty well. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
339 posts
6,591 battles

Since the tier 9 and 10 premiums are, to the best of my knowledge, not finished yet I think it would be unlikely to see them announced in patch notes.

 

Also, since they're not going to be purchasable for cash anyway and will likely require freexp or coal, they're not going to just "appear", they'll be announced in patch notes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SDS7]
Players
214 posts
1 hour ago, Benser said:

they're not going to just "appear", they'll be announced in patch notes.

Well, I don't see them been announced either...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[5D]
Players
33 posts
3,573 battles

Alaska seems finished, and I've been waiting for her ever since I read about it being worked on. I am extremely disappointed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SDS7]
Players
214 posts
Just now, Ydoum said:

Alaska seems finished, and I've been waiting for her ever since I read about it being worked on. I am extremely disappointed.

Well, I know how you feel. I wanted to get her too but instead took Kronhstadt as the ships seemed similar to me. Now I wonder whether I need the ship at all. I'm waiting for Jean Bart and Bourgogne as they offer a different playstyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[5D]
Players
33 posts
3,573 battles
Just now, DuneDreamer said:

Well, I know how you feel. I wanted to get her too but instead took Kronhstadt as the ships seemed similar to me. Now I wonder whether I need the ship at all. I'm waiting for Jean Bart and Bourgogne as they offer a different playstyle.

I'm a USN cruiser junkie and I do like playing ships that actually existed. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HAIFU]
Beta Tester
339 posts
6,591 battles
29 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Well, I don't see them been announced either...

Because they aren't ready yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SDS7]
Players
214 posts
8 minutes ago, Ydoum said:

I'm a USN cruiser junkie and I do like playing ships that actually existed. :P

They probably think you're not ready for Alaska and are sending Wichita your way with this update instead. It may come with premium octopus tentacles for more realism though. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[5D]
Players
33 posts
3,573 battles
1 minute ago, DuneDreamer said:

They probably think you're not ready for Alaska and are sending Wichita your way with this update instead. :)

Not paying a penny for more prem ships. I'm fine with my current money-making loadout. I just want to spend another batch of my free EXP on a ship that armchair admirals had difficulties with designating her class. :D

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SDS7]
Players
214 posts
4 minutes ago, Ydoum said:

Not paying a penny for more prem ships. I'm fine with my current money-making loadout. I just want to spend another batch of my free EXP on a ship that armchair admirals had difficulties with designating her class. :D

Are you sure you don't want to buy the premium, animated octopus tentacles for each of your USN cruisers with a 10% discount? :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[5D]
Players
33 posts
3,573 battles
8 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Are you sure you don't want to buy the premium, animated octopus tentacles for each of your USN cruisers with a 10% discount? :)

Don't judge me by my avatar. I am not Japanese. :P

On a sidenote, I would love to have realistic camouflage schemes that could transfer over bonuses from other colorful camos just to add that slight bit of realism.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SDS7]
Players
214 posts
3 minutes ago, Ydoum said:

Don't judge me by my avatar. I am not Japanese. :P

On a sidenote, I would love to have realistic camouflage schemes that could transfer over bonuses from other colorful camos just to add that slight bit of realism.

As far as camos are concerned, I'm only willing to buy them if they offer free XP bonus and concern tier 8, 9 and 10 ships. Anything else is not worth considering.  I could use a mod if I need a colorful camo.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[5D]
Players
33 posts
3,573 battles
1 minute ago, DuneDreamer said:

As far as camos are concerned, I'm only willing to buy them if they offer free XP bonus and concern tier 8, 9 and 10 ships. Anything else is not worth considering.  I could use a mod if I need a colorful camo.

What I meant was, for example, having a camouflage scheme of a Hunter camo, but stats of a Victory Salute camo. So you get both a semi-relistic camo with benefits of an eye-candy colorful yuck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SDS7]
Players
214 posts
8 minutes ago, Ydoum said:

What I meant was, for example, having a camouflage scheme of a Hunter camo, but stats of a Victory Salute camo. So you get both a semi-relistic camo with benefits of an eye-candy colorful yuck.

I'm also looking for a camo with the parameters of the Victory Salute camo but it's not for sale and there isn't a campaign you get it from currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
5,881 battles
15 hours ago, DuneDreamer said:

I both watched the presentation and read the news about update 0.7.10 but didn't see any info on what we were expecting the most - the new tier 9 and 10 premium ships (something meaningful to grind towards). Are we to expect them in a new update for the reason that the developers aren't sure these ships are balanced at their respective tiers presently? Are there any other reasons for delaying these ships?

Futhermore, the camouflages for Ashitaka are Kobayashi may look cool to kids but certainly don't add any desirable bonuses which also means that their price in doubloons isn't justified. If WG has added a bonus of 50 or 100% free XP to permanent camouflages, they will be much more desirable and of course sell better.

I hope that the Mogami's Octopus camouflage will only be available for the kids-mainly Halloween event. So now we'll be shooting at animated octopuses on Random? Really? Why not put Trump on another ship for a better incentive to score citadels? Camos such as this, together with the space camos, break the realism of the game.

 

These are my opinions about 0.7.10 and I feel somewhat disappointed about it for the aforementioned reasons.

Since this is a discussion topic rather than a question, moved to appropriate section.

 

The new Tier IX and X ships are still being tested and tinkered with - just keep an eye on the portal to see when they'd appear. Just as a note, quite often we test ships on Live server months before they arrive in game. However note you'll have a Tier IX and X destroyers to reach for immediately with the arrival of 0.7.10 :Smile_izmena:

 

As for the special skins and camouflages - well, you have option to turn them off and not to see them if you don't like them. Dismissing them as "kid" content is pretty funny considering there is plenty people around who dismiss any game as "kid content" :cap_old:

 

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,979 posts
4,965 battles
15 hours ago, DuneDreamer said:

I both watched the presentation and read the news about update 0.7.10 but didn't see any info on what we were expecting the most - the new tier 9 and 10 premium ships

 

Erm, premium ships can not be "ground towards" you pay for them, in the premium shop...

 

Also, I, and many other people, have no interest in premium ships, or giving WG money for that matter, so who is that "we" you speak about? You and your BFFs?

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,261 posts
7,954 battles
16 hours ago, DuneDreamer said:

If WG has added a bonus of 50 or 100% free XP to permanent camouflages,

then you'd still have to play tons of games with that ship in order to break even (i.e. you could just have converted db > fxp).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[5D]
Players
33 posts
3,573 battles
3 hours ago, Tuccy said:

As for the special skins and camouflages - well, you have option to turn them off and not to see them if you don't like them. Dismissing them as "kid" content is pretty funny considering there is plenty people around who dismiss any game as "kid content" :cap_old:

 

You misunderstood us. We meant having the option of a realistic-looking camouflage that could import bonuses from other, colorful, not-so-realistic camouflage schemes.

 

Similarly to how you can select different colors for Japanese camouflages (green/blue), but instead having a camouflage pattern where you import statistics of a different camo and this burn that camo consumable instead.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SDS7]
Players
214 posts
On 10/17/2018 at 12:24 PM, Juanx said:

 

Erm, premium ships can not be "ground towards" you pay for them, in the premium shop...

 

Also, I, and many other people, have no interest in premium ships, or giving WG money for that matter, so who is that "we" you speak about? You and your BFFs?

I said "grind towards", not "ground towards". And yes, you grind towards obtaining tier 9 and 10 premium ships as you need to collect free XP in order to obtain them. Les experienced players like yourself, however, can directly obtain (purchase) lower tier premiums from the WG shop.

 

As for giving WG money ... someone has to do it in order for you and everyone else to enjoy the game. Not paying WG doesn't make you look smart in anyone's eyes. What we are trying to do in this thread is show WG what the players are willing to pay for so that they can adjust their course of action in a way that will benefit both WG and its community.

 

On 10/17/2018 at 12:35 PM, aboomination said:

then you'd still have to play tons of games with that ship in order to break even (i.e. you could just have converted db > fxp).

Every extra free XP bonus is welcomed and will reduce the time needed to acquire premium ships.

  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,261 posts
7,954 battles
7 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Every extra free XP bonus is welcomed and will reduce the time needed to acquire premium ships.

Do you even math...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SDS7]
Players
214 posts
On 10/17/2018 at 12:16 PM, Tuccy said:

As for the special skins and camouflages - well, you have option to turn them off and not to see them if you don't like them. Dismissing them as "kid" content is pretty funny considering there is plenty people around who dismiss any game as "kid content"

Removing such camouflages for certain players doesn't remove them for all the players and certainly doesn't do that in the WG's update announcements. If you follow this trend, you may as well rename the company from WarGaming to FantasyGaming, AnimeGaming or just KidsPlay. The choice of name is yours but the decision whether to pay for content far removed from reality is ours, and as both me and you very well know, revenue is WG's top priority.

 

22 hours ago, aboomination said:

Do you even math...

Please, demonstrate your superior math skills to us...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,261 posts
7,954 battles
9 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Please, demonstrate your superior math skills to us...

I always calculate the benefit/money ratio before buying any supposed boosters and compare it to alternatives...so, getting +100% fxp on a perma camo for xx€ will have to compete with 25 or 35 fxp per db.

It depends on your personal performance, how efficient you are at stacking bonuses and farming in general. But often I find that WG is trying to rip us off big time.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[EST]
[EST]
Players
701 posts
17,415 battles
9 minutes ago, DuneDreamer said:

Please, demonstrate your superior math skills to us...

The point is that you want usual xp bonuses when you need free xp. Ez.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×