You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FunkyDazMonkee

Why short range on T9 Buffalo

7 comments in this topic

[UK]
Beta Tester
4 posts
3,402 battles

Hi, long time on/off player, first time post'er. 

My question is why the heck has a T9 with the same guns as the T8 balitmore have such a short range?

Am i missing somthing? I mean i can understand longer reload for 'balance' but the range is stupid short. 

Dont get me wrong im a BB main so i make mistakes in CA but with the range being soooo limited when i make a mistake im in under 15km range and mostly against T10 so i go bye bye. 

Any one else have this problem, is this somthing that needs to be tweeked/eddited or can any one suggest somthing to help this crippled ship. 

Any help much appreciated 

Many thanks

Cpt. Funky_DM 

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,695 posts
13,130 battles

You can use the range upgrade to extend her range up to 18km which is more than sufficient. Reload is higher than Balti because you get an extra turret which more than makes up for it if you use it well.

The base range is short due to balancing reasons. USN 203mm guns have improved bounce angles and good penetration capability that are deadly to most cruisers at any but the highest of ranges. HE performance isn't bad either.

[UK]
Beta Tester
4 posts
3,402 battles

Ow..... havent played stock balti in ages, so used to it being longer probably would of helped if i checked that first. So it was just me, i will grind creds and install the mod. 

Thanks ? 

[JR-IT]
Alpha Tester
607 posts
5,965 battles

this is the reason why it has short range:

shot-18_06.23_11_40.56-0109.thumb.jpg.518c6781aaa935a8a96e9f2a859c46df.jpg

and in the same match i did a dev-strike to a zao ( 6 cits at 11 kms)

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
413 posts
2,693 battles

Its weird how USN cruisers are like godlike in close ranges so you don't need the range. But because of the meta you want to hug islands and lob shells over it at the same time. :/