Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
pudelosha

New Polish ship in the game

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[ODIUM]
[ODIUM]
Beta Tester
43 posts
3,322 battles

Dear WG,

This year Poland celebrates 100 years of independence. November 2018 also marks 100 years of Polish Navy.

Isn’t it a great opportunity to bring another premium Polish ship to the game and make Blyska captains more useful? ?

There are many options. ORP Burza that survived the war or British destroyers commissioned by the Polish Navy.

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
13,643 posts
10,385 battles

Unless they secretly made the ship already, there will not be enough time to model and test the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,201 posts
13 minutes ago, pudelosha said:

Dear WG,

This year Poland celebrates 100 years of independence. November 2018 also marks 100 years of Polish Navy.

Isn’t it a great opportunity to bring another premium Polish ship to the game and make Blyska captains more useful? ?

There are many options. ORP Burza that survived the war or British destroyers commissioned by the Polish Navy.

Some time ago I've posted a thread about this in Polish section, and I got answer from WG that no ship is planned, but some other stuff yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
Players
2,691 posts
9,853 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Unless they secretly made the ship already, there will not be enough time to model and test the ship.

There's a ship that could be easily put into the game with minimal testing as a premium, the model is already in the game and would need only slight changes compared with the base ship.

Spoiler

14-niszczyciel-orp-orkan-padziernik-1943

 

ORP Orkan, ex-HMS Myrmidon.

 

 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,201 posts
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Unless they secretly made the ship already, there will not be enough time to model and test the ship.

No need to make new model, there are plenty of them in game already; ORP Conrad = HMS Danae, ORP Garland - Gallant...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[YEEET]
Players
1,161 posts
10,852 battles

How about the Piorun - same essentially as the Jervis and when crewed by the Polish was involved in attack on Bismarck.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ODIUM]
[ODIUM]
Beta Tester
43 posts
3,322 battles

ORP Burza and ORP Wicher were modifications of Bourrasque-class destroyer, already featured as Cyclone in Operation Dynamo.

ORP Burza served as museum ship until 1970' so getting her construction plans should be easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AS13]
Players
1,157 posts
1,556 battles

They could do GROM, same a s Blyskawica but with some gimmicks. 

And make it a sort of 'jubilee-thing'like they usually do.

Same as some other premiums they have got during the years.

 

ORKAN could be done as well, an M-class RN DD with some stuff changed. 

 

Lots of them already in game, needing only minor adjustment.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,803 battles

But but but, Polish independence is not a glorious day for the Motherland, so it cannot be celebrated!

 

But Polish navy should join the pan-european line(s) whenever, if ever, they finally get around to them. 1 ship for a nation is not good for the Captain grind, unless you have a lot more perseverance than I have :(

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
1,003 posts
15,372 battles
1 hour ago, triumphgt6 said:

How about the Piorun - same essentially as the Jervis and when crewed by the Polish was involved in attack on Bismarck.

 

It is similar to Jervis but same as GM. Jervis was a Destroyer Leader and the most noticeable difference compared to other J/K/N class destroyers is longer aft house (on which aft gun mount is positioned).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,675 posts
12,104 battles
4 hours ago, triumphgt6 said:

How about the Piorun - same essentially as the Jervis and when crewed by the Polish was involved in attack on Bismarck.

I don't know if this report in Wikipedia is true (maybe some of our Polish shipmates can confirm/deny), but if it is then I find it quite moving:

QUOTE

According to one report (detailed at the Auschwitz I exhibition, Oświęcim, Poland), Pławski transmitted the message "I am a Pole" before commencing fire on Bismarck; other sources say the signal to commence fire was "Trzy salwy na cześć Polski" ("Three salvoes in honor of Poland").[

END-QUOTE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
750 posts
6,653 battles

They could just tweak Blyska to make her more of a fun purchase, of course. Been a bit power crept, she has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ALONE]
Players
1,292 posts
10,313 battles
3 hours ago, philjd said:

But but but, Polish independence is not a glorious day for the Motherland, so it cannot be celebrated!

Well, and 17.09 is the WG anniversary, even if it sounds another notes in Poland...

3 hours ago, philjd said:

 

But Polish navy should join the pan-european line(s) whenever, if ever, they finally get around to them. 1 ship for a nation is not good for the Captain grind, unless you have a lot more perseverance than I have :(

Since introducing the captain elite xp, national premiums are practically meaningless for grinding captains. You can use ANY 19-point captain, on any ship from any nation.

 

3 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

They could just tweak Blyska to make her more of a fun purchase, of course. Been a bit power crept, she has. 

Błyskawica should be T8 Akizuki-type 8x102mm AA boat, with less HP but more maneuverable. Both Aki and Błyskawica should be given defAA. 

Current Błyskawica should be just converted into Grom (which was sunk in 7x120mm configuration, before ships were re-armed).

 

And it would be nice if Russian company finally stopped favouring crappy Russian boats at the cost of this one of the absolutely best pre-war destroyer designs, which in reality had better AA than Sims (and years earlier), better guns than any other T7 DD in the game and was in reality faster than Leningrad/Minsk boats, which in fact could not operate at their "trial" speeds at all. :etc_red_button:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ODIUM]
[ODIUM]
Beta Tester
43 posts
3,322 battles

Piorun would be great as well. Rather easy to create as similar ships already exist in the game :)

 

12 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

They could just tweak Blyska to make her more of a fun purchase, of course. Been a bit power crept, she has. 

 

The biggest problem with Blyska is her captain that is completly useless. Another gunboat DD can solve this problem.

And still I cannot imagine captain Kowalski sailing Swedish ship :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,201 posts
11 minutes ago, pudelosha said:

 

And still I cannot imagine captain Kowalski sailing Swedish ship :)

I’m sure for many people won’t see it as a problem at all. You can stick to captain Svensson then :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
750 posts
6,653 battles
29 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

Błyskawica should be T8 Akizuki-type 8x102mm AA boat, with less HP but more maneuverable

Sounds good. I bought Monaghan recently and the dual configuration thing is quite fun. If they could give Blyskawica the opportunity to mount either her 1938 or 1942 guns that would be excellent. Although she probably needs a tweak to her rudder shift, as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AS13]
Players
1,157 posts
1,556 battles

I like Poland. They make Vodka from grass. 

Save the potato! 5bc652ba06780_potatoeyes.gif.83bfc25f90f979ad435527c441234b31.gif

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,556 posts
4,803 battles
14 hours ago, EdiJo said:

...

Since introducing the captain elite xp, national premiums are practically meaningless for grinding captains. You can use ANY 19-point captain, on any ship from any nation....

I am aware of that, getting a 10 pointer is not an issue, but getting that Captain up to 19 with only 1 ship takes a lot of grinding, unless you have the odd million of elite xp to hand....

 

I have less than half the battles you do, and have a grand total of 3 19 point captains, with a couple of 18's also. Perhaps once I have more of those max'ed captains the xp will roll in quickly, but so far, not 'that' quickly.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
Players
1,003 posts
15,372 battles
13 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Sounds good. I bought Monaghan recently and the dual configuration thing is quite fun. If they could give Blyskawica the opportunity to mount either her 1938 or 1942 guns that would be excellent. Although she probably needs a tweak to her rudder shift, as well. 

 

With 4x2 4inch guns she would be OP at T7. Monaghan works as both configurations are balanced for T6. Balancing late war Blyska configuration for T7 will require too much nerfing and that would be pointless. Moving Blyska with 4x2 4inch guns to T8 or introducing Grom in that configuration or Blyska'42 (or whatever year) could be a possibility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
750 posts
6,653 battles

3x2 4"+ 1x3" AA gun would a compromise, ending up between Haida and Sims, but I take the point about wanting the actual ship.!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×