You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

Update 0.7.10 British Destroyers - Discussion Thread

81 comments in this topic

[BYOB]
Players
2,689 posts
9,853 battles

Removed the price of consumables in doubloons. If you need consumables and do not have enough credits to buy them, but do have doubloons, you can exchange the doubloons for credits using the feature available in the upper-right corner in the Port.

What a nice change. No more angry people who made a mistake and were wondering who has been ripping them off.:cap_like:

• Cool 8

[FILO]
Beta Tester
6 posts
3,258 battles
7 minutes ago, _Admiral_Potato_ said:

Wait... Where's Jean Bart?? :Smile_sad:

Flambass said it was put back into testing, even after it was confirmed as final so guess something was found they didn't like.

[NED]
Players
1,568 posts
5,789 battles
10 minutes ago, _Admiral_Potato_ said:

Wait... Where's Jean Bart?? :Smile_sad:

Or the horrible ? or was it Abysmal ? or the repugnant ? hmm oh wait its the Terrible yeah thats the one.

I know the Ghastly was said to be ready for the new patch.

Thinking back i think that the Mighty Mo was also not announced to be in the patch and it was a surprise addition.

The ship i am hoping for is the Alaska it should be ready to go considering its latest adjustments where oktober 3rd according to the devblog so with testing it could be ready.

[-GG-]
Players
134 posts
9,871 battles

What I like:

- UK DDs

- outstanding rewards for Hall of Fame

- Owietchkin collecion

What I don't like:

- still no decision on Jean Bart, Alaska ? Rly ?

- 4 weeks of "Hallowen" operations ... Man, that will be boring :cap_fainting:

• Cool 2

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
947 battles

@radius77 there is a decision on these ships, which currently means that we decided they are not yet ready for release. We will announce it as soon as they become available in one way or another. ;) Better to have some good and balanced ships instead of having an UP, OP or boring ship to play, right?

• Cool 2

[GURKA]
Players
1 post
9,964 battles
13 minutes ago, Sehales said:

@radius77 there is a decision on these ships, which currently means that we decided they are not yet ready for release. We will announce it as soon as they become available in one way or another. ;) Better to have some good and balanced ships instead of having an UP, OP or boring ship to play, right?

As long as they are obtainable for all, I am fine with OP.

• Cool 1

Players
8 posts
677 battles
37 minutes ago, radius77 said:

What I like:

- UK DDs

- outstanding rewards for Hall of Fame

- Owietchkin collecion

What I don't like:

- still no decision on Jean Bart, Alaska ? Rly ?

- 4 weeks of "Hallowen" operations ... Man, that will be boring :cap_fainting:

I am going to be playing the hell out of the operations.  Should be a good time.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,041 posts
947 battles
45 minutes ago, The_Cook said:

I cannot share any details on how you will be able to get the upcoming ships, but you probably know by now which ways we have to introduce and distribute different ships. :)

[T-N-T]
Players
1,720 posts
8,663 battles
42 minutes ago, The_Cook said:

Yeah, I'm definitely more lenient with ships obtainable for FreeXP, Coal or plain out given away as mission rewards.

Steel ones, though, that's questionable.

Anyway, I'm glad you can filter port for non-elited ships now. That fits me perfectly.

On the other hand, I'm very sad we cannot get sovereigns anymore. After getting all the containers obtainable in game (barring those premium ones you needed a Tier7-8 RN DD for - because I only ever got the Acasta...), I find myself being 60 short for the two items I so desired.

Could you maybe introduce a turn-in of guineas for sovereigns? I have no use for guineas whatsoever and the token credits, they will be automatically turned into after the british arc is over, won't do much for me either.

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
4,691 battles

Cool Event, nice introduction of new RN DDs...

But, still nothing about Alaska, Jean Bart or Bourgogne???

Even though it was supposed to be final and ready...

Pls don't nerf the Frenchies to the ground only because of reload booster...think if all the pro and cons before you nerf or adjust 

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,123 posts
2,189 battles

Re the Clan Battles test season at T6 5 vs 5. What are the ship class limits? The article doesn't say?

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,069 posts
3,825 battles

When will we get detailed info about Halloween Containers? Will they be available right after the update? Thank you for any further info.

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,374 posts
5,876 battles
32 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

Re the Clan Battles test season at T5 6 vs 6. What are the ship class limits? The article doesn't say?

FIFY (note that in second Sprint it will be 8v8)

The only ship class matchmaking limit is 1 CV/team, other than that no ship class limits. For details check here:

https://worldofwarships.eu/news/game-updates/ranked-sprint/

• Bad 1

Players
112 posts
14,977 battles

When Update 0.7.10 goes live, Sovereigns will no longer be issued for completing missions, but will still be available in Premium and standard containers throughout Update 0.7.10. Exchange your well-deserved resources for a wide variety of valuable rewards in the Arsenal until the end of the current update.

I don't understand if i can collect from the event more sovreigns for warspite/gallant or if i can't. Can u clarify please?

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,374 posts
5,876 battles
25 minutes ago, Captain_Bloodless said:

When Update 0.7.10 goes live, Sovereigns will no longer be issued for completing missions, but will still be available in Premium and standard containers throughout Update 0.7.10. Exchange your well-deserved resources for a wide variety of valuable rewards in the Arsenal until the end of the current update.

I don't understand if i can collect from the event more sovreigns for warspite/gallant or if i can't. Can u clarify please?

You will  not be able to earn Sovereigns after 0.7.10 (unless you have some unopened containers ;)), however the Sovereigns will still be in the Arsenal until 0.7.11 so you can still buy things with them. With 0.7.11 they will be converted to credits.

[GBONM]
Players
15 posts
11,511 battles

Should Asashio not receive also an alternative type of Torpedos now the number of BB's will be reduced in each battle?

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,123 posts
2,189 battles
1 hour ago, Tuccy said:

FIFY (note that in second Sprint it will be 8v8)

The only ship class matchmaking limit is 1 CV/team, other than that no ship class limits. For details check here:

https://worldofwarships.eu/news/game-updates/ranked-sprint/

Not ranked sprint @Tuccy The T6 Clan Battles test mode .... called 'North as mentioned in the release notes.

With the release of Update 0.7.10, a test season called "North" (test) kicks off.

• The season will last from October 22 till October 28.
  • All in all, there will be 4 sessions accessible on Monday, Tuesday, Saturday and Sunday.
  • Prime time hours: 19:00-23:00 CEST
  • During the test season, Clan Battles will be available to teams of five players each and Tier VI ships only.
  • Cool 2

Players
860 posts
7,696 battles
Vor 43 Minuten, Tuccy sagte:

You will  not be able to earn Sovereigns after 0.7.10 (unless you have some unopened containers ;)), however the Sovereigns will still be in the Arsenal until 0.7.11 so you can still buy things with them. With 0.7.11 they will be converted to credits.

See, now that is something different from what is says in the news article.

The news article states that there have been missions with sovereigns as a reward - sovereigns not contained in containers, from the chosen formulation - and that those missions will cease to have sovereigns as a reward but that more RN containers will be forthcoming as rewards for missions.

That's basically the only way the phrase "still be available in standard and premium containers" can be understood in English.

What I'd like to know even more urgently though is this:

As I understand it, the British DDs Acasta, Icarus, Jervis and Lightning, dropped from the occasional container, will lose their quasi-Premium status this Thursday.

What, then, happens to the commanders on those ships? Will they become specialized to the DD they're on? Will players be able to send them back to the ships they were specialized on, will they have to undergo retraining on the DDs?

• Cool 1

Players
1,976 posts
5,911 battles

Yeeeeeeeeeeees, halloween is arriving!

FINALLY I get to play best ship in game again, Hail teh almighty Urashima! :crab:

Great update! :Smile_great:

Looking forward to playing Sunray again, I want to break my damage record to beyond 1.3m dmg! :cap_rambo:

And this is also really good! ^^

• A filter to pick out ships which are not yet at Elite status. This will help players that are actively researching new warships to quickly find the desired ship in the carousel.

Only lesser thing is that I'm still waiting for the freemiums. Not wanting even more steel ships though, please don't :Smile_sceptic:

and also depends on these new AP shell changes, am not gonna play obsolete ships and such

Btw, will we get a chance to get any of the halloween commanders at any time?

Looking forward to Mina Hurray in particular (or just give me Urashima! :Smile-_tongue:).

Players
1,976 posts
5,911 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

When will we get detailed info about Halloween Containers? Will they be available right after the update? Thank you for any further info.

I'm actually waiting for this info as well.

I'm actually wanting to see if the rewards will be favorable to me (or at least comparable to last year, which I skipped) and if so, spend.

I especially like the permacamos, enjoyed the ones I received last year. But could also use some doubloons as I also skipped the great times.