Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bruecki2938

Guineas & Cossack - Rip Off or do I have a math problem?

9 comments in this topic

Question

[SPVO]
[SPVO]
Players
3 posts
1,136 battles

Hi fellow captains!

As I got the T7 DD from the RN and I really like it, I thought maybe the Cossack is worth my while and looked in the Premium Shop "How much is the fis eh ship!!!" :)

I play WoWs more casually is I "main" WoT and so I only have 10 Guineas until now and so I have to buy the packet with 40 Guineas if I want to have the ship right now.

Then I realized: WTF?!?

Cossack with Port Slot and X3 XP for 25 Battles = 35.45 EUR

40 Guineas = 35.99 EUR (and you need 50 Guineas to be able to buy the ship via Arsenal)

So what is the deal here? You invested time to collect Guineas and in the end you pay more as you would have just bought the ship from the get go and also miss out on the XP boost for 25 battles?

8 answers to this question

[SPVO]
[SPVO]
Players
3 posts
1,136 battles

I know that 10 Guineas is nothing but that is not my point.

For example if you have collected 30 Guineas and you have to buy 20 Guineas in the shop you still pay more (in proportion) as If you would have outright bought her in the shop.

To a further extend why I asked this question also is, if this is intended or not.

If it's intended I would be better off buying the ship directly from the shop and get the bonus missions too and wait for the Guineas to be converted into credits - Even better RoI!

(If you can talk about Return of Investment if you pay 36 EUR for pixels - but this is not one of my questions *g* )

[CATS]
Players
13,532 posts
10,358 battles
3 minutes ago, Bruecki2938 said:

I know that 10 Guineas is nothing but that is not my point.

For example if you have collected 30 Guineas and you have to buy 20 Guineas in the shop you still pay more (in proportion) as If you would have outright bought her in the shop.

You got the 30 by playing and 20 for 17.99 €. How is that more?

There are people with more time than money.

I will get the Cossack for 0.89€. Still too expensive?

[SPVO]
[SPVO]
Players
3 posts
1,136 battles

Thanks for your answers but I guess you don't understand my intention behind the question and so it would be a waste of time - for both of us - to discuss this further.

[SWTP]
Players
267 posts
5,641 battles

Math problem. First 10 is for 1 euro, then you will have 20 with what you have now and remaining 30 is cheaper than the ship in the shop if you want it now. I will wait for the end of the event and will get it for a few pennies, but I do play way too much. 

WoWs Wiki Team
463 posts
7,900 battles
1 hour ago, Bruecki2938 said:

So what is the deal here? You invested time to collect Guineas and in the end you pay more as you would have just bought the ship from the get go and also miss out on the XP boost for 25 battles?

You missed that you are able to obtain up to 48 (!) guineas while doing missions (which are quite easy). 

Players
105 posts
1,661 battles

WG has an 1-time offer for every player to buy 10 Guineas for £0.76 (This is important, don't buy the 40 Guinea pack).

So the full cost of the ship in Guineas is 40 guineas @ £30.79 + 10 Guineas @ £0.76 = £31.55. Yes, that is worse than the normal cost of £30.33 for the Cossack. 

However as soon as you collect at least 2 Guineas from missions you can get Cossack for a discounted price.

Normal price Cossack is £30.33

Collect 5 Guineas to buy ship for £27.71

Collect 10 Guineas to buy ship for £23.87 <- This is you btw, can already get a good discount. 

Collect 20 Guineas to buy ship for £16.19

Collect 30 Guineas to buy ship for £8.51

Collect 40 Guineas to buy ship for £0.76

Just buy the 10 Guinea special offer (need to be logged in to premium shop to see it), then either keep playing missions for a even bigger discount or buy more Guineas.

For the biggest discount only need to complete 40 out of 48 missions, even if you complete less than 40 and buy ship for £3-4 still a very good offer.

There are 8 more weeks of missions btw, can still earn another 32 Guineas from directives.

Players
846 posts
7,659 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Alex_Connor sagte:

There are 8 more weeks of missions btw, can still earn another 32 Guineas from directives.

That is what I understand.

It's easy to get confused though because there was once again a confusingly phrased news update today (https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/game-updates/update-079-royal-navy/)

and it was just made plain in the follow-up discussion thread that you cannot earn any more sovereigns after completing the current stage of the Royal Navy Arc and won all the containers there are to win this week.

(I think you can still buy more RN containers in the shop after Thursday though, which contain 15 sovereigns each.)

The RN Arc itself goes on for two more months and obviously must contain ways to earn the remaining guineas.

Sign in to follow this