You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Pablo_el

Matchmaking is broken

30 comments in this topic

[SEAPL]
Players
3 posts
1,186 battles

So I noticed that when I play divisions I do not loose games, maybe 1/10. And I play with people who are as bad as me in this game. However if after playing division I play solo I loose all the time, win 1/10. I have similar performance stats and all that jazz. 

Not fun. Not only the game is broken (CVs and DDs are super OP atm) but even the matchmaker has basic problems like this.  It is super obvious that its a matchmaker issue cause it wants me to zero in the magical 50% which IDGF about. But loosing 10 games in a row is just not fun. Makes me want to stop playing the game at all even more than the CV manual aim issue.

Thoughts comments I am a noob l2p please keep to yourself - I already know that :) Mature discussion on how to fix matchamaker only. 

If you ask me divisions matchmaking should be different cause its a huge advantage to have two players that actually support you.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 7
  • Bad 2

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,708 posts
13,150 battles
3 minutes ago, Pablo_el said:

Mature discussion on how to fix matchamaker only.

Already impossible as you've failed to display maturity by whining about certain ship classes and putting on your tinfoil hat regarding MM.

Also you have an insufficient sample of games to be of any statistical use regarding divisions.

Thus there is only one thing left to say:

3b4.png

• Cool 3
  • Funny 7
  • Bad 1

[TTT]
Players
3,604 posts
7,459 battles
46 minutes ago, Pablo_el said:

Mature discussion on how to fix matchamaker only.

okay.

nothing to fix about mm, at least not in the way you seem to want.

discussion done... neeeeeext!

PS: no, it's not a l2p issue on your end - you're doing fairly well for a relative newcomer. Just take off your tinfoil hat and learn to deal with streaks - they're completely natural, way way more than our intuition tells us. Even within just a sample size of 200 raw coinflips, you've got better than 50% odds of getting a streak of 8 of the same result in a row - and ingame results are further influenced by your own performance, which if nothing else is sure to suffer when you get frustrated.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,874 posts
59 minutes ago, Pablo_el said:

So I noticed that when I play divisions I do not loose games, maybe 1/10. And I play with people who are as bad as me in this game. However if after playing division I play solo I loose all the time, win 1/10. I have similar performance stats and all that jazz. 

Not fun. Not only the game is broken (CVs and DDs are super OP atm) but even the matchmaker has basic problems like this.  It is super obvious that its a matchmaker issue cause it wants me to zero in the magical 50% which IDGF about. But loosing 10 games in a row is just not fun. Makes me want to stop playing the game at all even more than the CV manual aim issue.

Thoughts comments I am a noob l2p please keep to yourself - I already know that :) Mature discussion on how to fix matchamaker only. 

If you ask me divisions matchmaking should be different cause its a huge advantage to have two players that actually support you.

If you find random matches too difficult, you can play co-op and operations until you get enough experience to have an impact in randoms.

Lossing streaks happen. Winning streaks also do. I had loosing streaks even in division with very good players.

Don't think much of it.

As far as 'fix mm' goes, there are 1001 threads about it. Don't see much of a point to open another one.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,590 posts
7,068 battles

Nobody really knows how the MM works except WG team.

So called RNG is a peace of code, that in theory is supposed to be random, but we can not know.

Every time the RNG related topic comes up, expect tin-foil-hats and git-gut/l2p memes... specially by some fierce unicums on this forum :)

Not that I mean this in any offending way, but the thing is ... we dont know how MM works.

Sure they tell us that its random (pseudo random), and that it only is lookin at: tier/nation and ship type. But you kinda have to be very naive if you believe that :D

So in the end ... just try to progress and accept your limitations (like I did). Try to have FUN in this game, with people you like playing with (friends).

• Cool 3

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles
4 hours ago, Pablo_el said:

If you know you are a noob, why are you surprised that you lose?

And yes, divisions are stronger than solo players. I heard there is this thing called teamplay and that works quite well in this game. And no, your division games are FAR from 90% winrating. Looks like you cannot trust your own memories.

And having trouble dealing with DD and CV is a sure sign that you need to improve your gameplay. Learn the game! Then you win more solo.

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
208 posts
4,877 battles
9 hours ago, Pablo_el said:

Thoughts comments I am a noob l2p please keep to yourself - I already know that :)

Yet here we are, reading your thread despite you already knowing the REAL answer to your problems.

The reason you win in divisions is because you're getting carried, the reason you're not winning when not in divisions is because there is nobody that can carry you (or the rest of the team for that matter).

• Cool 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,081 posts
3,831 battles
15 minutes ago, Turnipsi said:

Yet here we are, reading your thread despite you already knowing the REAL answer to your problems.

The reason you win in divisions is because you're getting carried, the reason you're not winning when not in divisions is because there is nobody that can carry you (or the rest of the team for that matter).

And it's as simple as that ladies and gentlemen.

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,979 posts
4,964 battles

I was going to post something, then saw my peers are already here, keep going please.

• Funny 1

[SEAPL]
Players
3 posts
1,186 battles

So I see mature discussion is not possible on WOWs forums, my bad :) I see only tin foil hat people have vented here. Good for you kids :) You are so super smart and I am stupid :) You arguments are mindblowing :)

Just look at the facts and numbers. It is just not fun being raped in the ahole by the system which current wows matchmaker does. My noob stats have nothing to do here cause win ratio is being doctored by the system. I just look at the ranked player numbers selected for each team and it just hits me everytime. Some battles are lost on spawn.

Fact is that WOT (yes another WG games exisits too!) has become unplayabe for me at the moment (16k battles and some years) after recent matchmaker changes. Or maybe my 16k battles make a WOT noob aswell? Hmmm my unicum friends also noticed that change.... but what do they know they just play ESL now cause of this.

Been a gamer since 2006, I also played beta WOWs. At least in WOT forums people do not wear tin foil hats and are able discuss topics in mature manner. Even some streamers noticed recently that the game matchmaker (wot one) is broken. I guess WOWs is just too young for you to see that  :) WG knows the problem with this game hence the CV change and DD nerf which already has happened (penetration of high caliber armor piercing rounds changes)

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,970 posts
5,450 battles

Truth hurts. Deal with it :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
13,676 posts
10,389 battles
1 minute ago, Pablo_el said:

Just look at the facts and numbers. 

Your facts and numbers are wrong!

Your solo WR is 48%, NOT 10%.

Your two man division WR is 52%, NOT 90%.

Your three man division WR is 62%, NOT 90%. Apart from the fact that 18 games do not really count.

It is hard to argue with someone who cannot trust his own memories/perception.

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,979 posts
4,964 battles
12 minutes ago, Pablo_el said:

So I see mature discussion is not possible on WOWs forums, my bad :)

Erm, you started it as a rant/whine, what did you expect?

I see only tin foil hat people have vented here. Good for you kids :)

Erm, you mean your OP right?

You are so super smart and I am stupid :) You arguments are mindblowing :)

Yes. You have to know that yourself. Thanks.

[BNBS]
Players
371 posts
7 minutes ago, Pablo_el said:

So I see mature discussion is not possible on WOWs forums, my bad :) I see only tin foil hat people have vented here. Good for you kids :) You are so super smart and I am stupid :) You arguments are mindblowing :)

Just look at the facts and numbers. It is just not fun being raped in the ahole by the system which current wows matchmaker does. My noob stats have nothing to do here cause win ratio is being doctored by the system. I just look at the ranked player numbers selected for each team and it just hits me everytime. Some battles are lost on spawn.

Fact is that WOT (yes another WG games exisits too!) has become unplayabe for me at the moment (16k battles and some years) after recent matchmaker changes. Or maybe my 16k battles make a WOT noob aswell? Hmmm my unicum friends also noticed that change.... but what do they know they just play ESL now cause of this.

Been a gamer since 2006, I also played beta WOWs. At least in WOT forums people do not wear tin foil hats and are able discuss topics in mature manner. Even some streamers noticed recently that the game matchmaker (wot one) is broken. I guess WOWs is just too young for you to see that  :) WG knows the problem with this game hence the CV change and DD nerf which already has happened (penetration of high caliber armor piercing rounds changes)

So when you're in a co-ordinated team that's communicating with each other you get better results than when you're playing solo along with other solo players and nobody is really co-ordinating or communicating.  Yet you think MM is the reason why you're suffering more losses in solo?  I think it's pretty much established that the majority of people who play in divisions have a better WR than people who play solo.  Seeing as nobody knows the detailed algorithm of the MM then it's easy to speculate and blame it.  I had a gut feeling for ages that being in a division meant a high likelihood of ending up being bottom tier in a match.  Well, turns out that when I started writing down which tier I ended up in as a division (bottom, middle or top) my results over some 90 games came out as 35%, 35% and 30%, which actually seems a bit over generous to a good division at top tier.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
760 posts
4,585 battles

As soon as I read the OPs first post I knew how this thread would run.    They can't see that when playing in a division (with equally bad players) would result in a better win rate than when playing solo  - despite them getting the W/L ratio wrong in both cases.

Then putting down anyone that suggests this should be expected.

I'm not sure the claim that they were in the beta test of WoWS is correct - although it could simply be that they did not have enough battles in that.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,554 posts
5,519 battles
10 minutes ago, BrusilovX said:

I'm not sure the claim that they were in the beta test of WoWS is correct - although it could simply be that they did not have enough battles in that.

You can see from profile CBT stats. 107 battles, stats essentially the same as on the live server

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
38 posts
2 hours ago, Pablo_el said:

If you had posted this on the WoT forums you would have been laughed out of your own thread. 

As a new poster on the EU forums Ive tried to be nice and maintain a very low profile ( NA WoT forums did me no favours ), but the stuff you have put here is nothing but a load of horseshite. The hypocrisy is so strong is genuinely amusing  

Edited by T0L0S

[NOHE]
[NOHE]
Players
208 posts
4,877 battles
2 hours ago, Pablo_el said:

As a former WoT player, you should be able to tell how much different it is being a bottom tier in Warships compared to Tanks. In tanks, there's more enemies to fight and sometimes they can be nigh-impossible to destroy with what you have. In Warships, you always have options and you can always damage your enemies. The fact of the matter is that you are not playing your ships to their strengths if you feel like you cannot do anything and that is something that cannot be fixed by WG or anyone else here. Only you. The issues with CV's and DD's (if you can even call some of them issues) that you listed have nothing to do with matchmaking.

The difference between tiers in tanks is one of the three reasons I quit WoT for good and one of the main reasons why I enjoy Warships.

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,554 posts
5,519 battles
2 hours ago, T0L0S said:

If you had posted this on the WoT forums you would have been laughed out of your own thread. 

As a new poster on the EU forums Ive tried to be nice and maintain a very low profile ( NA WoT forums did me no favours ), but the stuff you have put here is nothing but a load of horseshite. The hypocrisy is so strong is genuinely amusing  

The double comedy part is that even if WG were artificially doctoring the MM to bring everyone to 50% he wouldn't even be in the "being brought down" group anyway, since he needs to win MORE games to get to 50%, not less.

• Funny 1

Players
194 posts
4,771 battles

The days of being a proper "Beta Tester" and that meaning something ended two decades ago... literally anybody can be a beta tester nowadays.

As such, I  fail to see any significance in that claim other than that you have learned very little about the game over a very long period of time.

Well done.

Players
312 posts
11,748 battles

Mate, if only I had the time to tell you all of the stories of my turbo unicorn division about all the ridiculous and astonishing losses that we've had... it influences bugger-all. It only grants you assurance that at least 2 ships in your team's lineup are actual humans on which you can depend and not cabbages. In fact it is the only thing that makes Randoms bearable.

ENOUGH WITH THE HERESY! 

• Cool 1

[TENGO]
Players
227 posts
8,848 battles
7 hours ago, OttoZander said:

Mate, if only I had the time to tell you all of the stories of my turbo unicorn division about all the ridiculous and astonishing losses that we've had... it influences bugger-all. It only grants you assurance that at least 2 ships in your team's lineup are actual humans on which you can depend and not cabbages. In fact it is the only thing that makes Randoms bearable.

ENOUGH WITH THE HERESY! 

So true. 

Sometimes you can do everything in your power to stem the tide but if 6 Kills and 200k damage don't cut it you have to face the fact that you just had a team that went fullpotato. 

Players
2,182 posts
13,957 battles
On 10/16/2018 at 1:04 AM, Pablo_el said:

... Not only the game is broken (CVs and DDs are super OP atm)...

Your DD win rate is comparable to both cruisers and battleships, while in DDs you average the lowest kills and damage per game. 

If DDs are super OP, why does your stats not reflex that? 

Battles         Win rate             Avg Frags                Avg Damage
Cruiser            241                 48.96%               0.63                         27 303
Destroyer        91                   49.45%               0.59                         17 534
Battleship       477                  49.06%               0.71                         36 293

[HOME]
Players
586 posts
7,657 battles
21 minutes ago, Culiacan_Mexico said:

Your DD win rate is comparable to both cruisers and battleships, while in DDs you average the lowest kills and damage per game. 

If DDs are super OP, why does your stats not reflex that? 

Battles         Win rate             Avg Frags                Avg Damage
Cruiser            241                 48.96%               0.63                         27 303
Destroyer        91                   49.45%               0.59                         17 534
Battleship       477                  49.06%               0.71                         36 293

Because OP is an expert at judging game balance after the staggering amount of 91 DD-games. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2