You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
LemonadeWarrior

Black Friday Dev blog

95 comments in this topic

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
126 posts
2,204 battles

Before reading, see link:

So are we going to get a Tirpitz and Tirpitz B in this game with the only difference camo? Or is this the only way that ST can test the camo (doesn't make sense)?
Can't you just sell a Tirpitz with a black perma camo on Black Friday?

Can you imagine players asking the difference between a Tirpitz and Tirpitz B? Poor new players... :(

Greetz Lemon

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,668 posts
9,747 battles
14 hours ago, LemonadeWarrior said:

Can't you just sell a Tirpitz with a black perma camo on Black Friday?

The problem with WG is that they try to be clever. And when they try they fail.

There is no reason for the ship owners who already have those ships to buy them again. If WG sold the camo as an extra for existing ships, plus a bundle with the ship and the camo, the extra effort would be smaller and the sales most likely higher. Instead they try to double dip.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Players
1,871 posts
26 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

There is no reason for the ship owner's who already have those ships to buy them again. (...)

Exactly. What is the point of copy+pasting new ship is beyond me... Marketing amateurishness.

[CATS]
Players
13,487 posts
10,344 battles
28 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

There is no reason for the ship owner's who already have those ships to buy them again. If WG sold the camo as an extra for existing ships, plus a bundle with the ship and the camo, the extra effort would be smaller and the sales most likely higher. Instead they try to double dip.

2 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

Exactly. What is the point of copy+pasting new ship is beyond me...

Double the fist win bonus.

• Funny 2

[SCRUB]
Players
1,871 posts
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Double the fist win bonus.

That's something I could expect WG to come up with.

Deal not even worth considering, given prices of those ships and insignificance of the first win bonus.

• Cool 2

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
126 posts
2,204 battles
46 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

There is no reason for the ship owner's who already have those ships to buy them again. If WG sold the camo as an extra for existing ships, plus a bundle with the ship and the camo, the extra effort would be smaller and the sales most likely higher. Instead they try to double dip.

Now they are making the game more complicated without adding any new content....

[BYOB]
Players
2,668 posts
9,747 battles
13 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

That's something I could expect WG to come up with.

Deal not even worth considering, given prices of those ships and insignificance of the first win bonus.

Bingo! The sheer idiocy of the idea of buying a premium ship for a 1x daily 50% XP bonus is beyond understanding.

Atago costs 39.08€ in the shop, that's a bit more than 6x Equal Speed Charlie London 100 signal packages, which can be used on any ship.

[BFS]
Beta Tester
742 posts
4,555 battles
3 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Bingo! The sheer idiocy of the idea of buying a premium ship for a 1x daily 50% XP bonus is beyond understanding.

It's just part of the package - captain trainer or way to get more elite XP is another advantage.

Having said that I would not buy a second of any of those ships - I do admit to having the Kamikaze and Kamikaze R though.  I hope to unlock the Boise via the missions as well

Players
2,147 posts
3,836 battles

How do you get those B versions of premium ships?

I assume we will get those Black Friday camo for Yamato in the next 30 days when BF day actually is.

And what do we get from that new Collection?

[BYOB]
Players
2,668 posts
9,747 battles
Just now, BrusilovX said:

It's just part of the package - captain trainer or way to get more elite XP is another advantage.

Are we still talking about buying a second identical ship here? Because if you have a premium, then buying the same ship again for the additional 50% daily bonus makes no sense.

You already have the ship as a captain trainer.

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,183 posts
8,627 battles

Just a hash and rehash of the same stuff over and over and over again, even the camo's are becoming massively uninspiring. At what point will WG realise they can only flavour the same ol junk a couple of times before marginally intelligent people realise what they're doing? This is not adding new content to the game, this just makes me get really bored with it. We know it;s money for them, but again an attempt at the blatantly obvious cashgrab. I think stuff like this does more damage than good, so cash in WG while you can, I'll eventually cash out because of poop like this. Can they not see the long term damage they do to themselves?

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
397 posts
2,620 battles

I'm just sitting here; LOL why?!? :Smile_teethhappy:

[BYOB]
Players
2,668 posts
9,747 battles
10 minutes ago, Shaka_D said:

Can they not see the long term damage they do to themselves?

What they see is the short term gain. That's a problem of many companies, where the management looks only on quarterly numbers, as those provide them with financial bonuses. The long term damage is often ignored until the company starts collapsing. High level managers often have golden handshake clauses in their contracts, so they don't care whether the company goes belly up.

• Cool 2

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,571 posts
6,630 battles
1 hour ago, Skyllon said:

Exactly. What is the point of copy+pasting new ship is beyond me... Marketing amateurishness.

I have Fújin and Kamikaze R and I'll play them each day to get more win bonus.  Helps farm Commander XP.

• Funny 2

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
397 posts
2,620 battles
6 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

What they see is the short term gain. That's a problem of many companies, where the management looks only on quarterly numbers, as those provide them with financial bonuses. The long term damage is often ignored until the company starts collapsing. High level managers often have golden handshake clauses in their contracts, so they don't care whether the company goes belly up.

But do we know how WG internally works tho? 
The company exists for 15+ years and I don't think the owner, as far as I have seen his interviews he wants to see the company go belly up to make a quick buck. 

He could done that a few years ago when WoT was at its peak. 

[IRON7]
Players
114 posts
962 battles

Didn't they do exactly this a few years ago with World of Tanks?

And didn't it fail pretty hard there, not to mention being turned into a joke.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,879 posts
9,129 battles

HAH!!!

They're trying it again, this time on WoWs instead of WoT. 

If the link doesn't skip ahead to the appropriate point of the video: it's a small clip starting at 8:29.

I wonder if @MrConway remembers :cap_yes:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,868 posts
6,733 battles
5 minutes ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

Didn't they do exactly this a few years ago with World of Tanks?

Yeah

wot_banners_article_684x280_DFcVaWj.jpg

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/black-edition-message-management/

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
2,668 posts
9,747 battles
18 minutes ago, Linkaex said:

But do we know how WG internally works tho? 
The company exists for 15+ years and I don't think the owner, as far as I have seen his interviews he wants to see the company go belly up to make a quick buck. 

He could done that a few years ago when WoT was at its peak. 

WG is a large company, and like any large company the day-to-day decisions are made by people lower on the totem pole. So when upper management puts up a target of "more sales of premium ships" the guys responsible have to come up with ideas. That's why we had the removal of premiums from the shop and WG retracing its steps a few months later. It's not like Victor Kislyi makes sales decisions, he just decides the general direction and the respective teams hash out the details.

WG has made many blunders when it comes to sales, and they keep repeating them. Grand Finale!

10 minutes ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

Then the WoWS sales team is safe, they are already a joke.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
5,234 posts
7,932 battles

#blacked 

31 minutes ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

I have Fújin and Kamikaze R and I'll play them each day to get more win bonus.  Helps farm Commander XP.

Or you could farm free cpt xp on ships that actually gain a reliable shitload of it.

• Cool 1

[HMSR]
Players
1,608 posts
5,803 battles

The only way these ehem "new" B ships ecuse a purchase is if one dose not own them yet, the bonuses they make make no justification for someone to buy a ship he/she already owns, the expendable cammos are a diferent thing. 

To me this still just looks as a new way for wg to "justify" higer prices, nothing else. 

:cap_cool:

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,571 posts
6,630 battles
29 minutes ago, aboomination said:

#blacked 

Or you could farm free cpt xp on ships that actually gain a reliable shitload of it.

I play them because I like them.

[HMSR]
Players
1,608 posts
5,803 battles

The kami sisters, if you use the right flags, 15-20k xp(45kecxp) and 15k fxp per game are common you know, and theyr just funboats to boot :Smile_Default:

[OP-B]
Beta Tester
126 posts
2,204 battles
5 minutes ago, Major_Damage225 said:

The kami sisters, if you use the right flags, 15-20k xp(45kecxp) and 15k fxp per game are common you know, and theyr just funboats to boot :Smile_Default:

One of them was free to earn and the other one not. 

I am simply not looking forward to have a B version of every ship while it only offers a different camo.

Why don’t they give all ships, silver or gold, the option to buy a perma Black Friday camo on Black Friday? That way people can buy a premium camo for the ships they want and WG sells doubloons. That way they don’t make this game more confusing.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,871 posts
3 hours ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

I don't think you paid for them just for that very reason.

And since we have Elite Commander XP, you can do that on any other ship with 19 point captain.

Even on silver ones, you don't have to spend money on.