You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

British Destroyers: Consumables - Discussion Thread

22 comments in this topic

[SWTP]
Players
270 posts
5,655 battles

Oh, poor Shimas.... Like this little thing is not already power crept and :etc_swear: badly by about everything now.  Or should I say poor DDs? It has even higher DMP then Haragumo, but this time WG made sure it cannot hurt BBaies too much. Overall big nerf to classic DDs and torps with this nearly always on hydro. Will I get? Of course! :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[KINGS]
[KINGS]
Players
13 posts
9,712 battles

Advantages of British destroyers allow players to choose the best tactics depending on the situation. Whether it’s using a smoke screen to hold an important strategic area and detect enemy torpedoes with Hydroacoustic Search; or using Hydroacoustic Search to clear an area of an enemy destroyer and to cover an allied ship with a smoke screen, saving her under the close watch of the entire enemy forces—choose, modify and enter battle.

So does this mean that Hydro will actually have range beyond detection range, cause else  u cant use it "clear an area of an enemy destroyer" unless he is stupid sitting still in smokescreen

[KAMPF]
[KAMPF]
Players
9 posts
5,323 battles

The opportunity to launch torpedoes tube by tube unites the new British destroyers and cruisers...AND CRUISERS ? Does this mean Royal Navy Heavy Cruisers on the way ? ( here's hoping )

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,876 posts
6,765 battles
2 hours ago, Stingz said:

The opportunity to launch torpedoes tube by tube unites the new British destroyers and cruisers...AND CRUISERS ? Does this mean Royal Navy Heavy Cruisers on the way ? ( here's hoping )

More like a bit bad wording. It references to the RN light cruisers which already are ingame. Ofc the RN heavy cruisers may come at some point, but in this case the sentence refers to the light cruisers.

[SWPBC]
Players
31 posts
7,688 battles

I have the Icarus and it sucks in pretty much every way imaginable. The only times I found it of any use was in Operations, in random battles forget it, it's just a garbage ship. Its torps are crap and its guns rate of fire is abysmal. From what I can tell all the British DD's suck until you get to T9-10. That's going to be a painfully long grind if you didn't get a mission for one of the mid tier DD's. Also after opening literally hundreds of RN crates I only managed to get one mission, I see other people getting all the missions in their first few crates WTF Wargamming?. I won't bother playing British DD's unless they end up being super OP in the higher tiers because right now if the Icarus is anything to go by this line is not worth playing in my opinion. Even if I did grind my way to T10 they will most likely be nerfed by the time I get one.

Players
55 posts
12,026 battles

I have had access to the Acasta, Icarus and Jervis and I have been loving them, they are not great going off solo in the early stages of a battle, but they are ideal for hit and run actions, really great when working with other DDs where one spots while the other shoots. 

However the relatively slow speed has caught me out when dealing with radar ships such as Belfasts or Clevelands so I will be curious how the tier 8 and upwards cope. 

Overall I have found them a lot of fun but the short duration smoke does take some getting used too, 

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,587 posts
6,660 battles
1 hour ago, dforce105 said:

I have the Icarus and it sucks in pretty much every way imaginable. The only times I found it of any use was in Operations, in random battles forget it, it's just a garbage ship. Its torps are crap and its guns rate of fire is abysmal. From what I can tell all the British DD's suck until you get to T9-10. That's going to be a painfully long grind if you didn't get a mission for one of the mid tier DD's. Also after opening literally hundreds of RN crates I only managed to get one mission, I see other people getting all the missions in their first few crates WTF Wargamming?. I won't bother playing British DD's unless they end up being super OP in the higher tiers because right now if the Icarus is anything to go by this line is not worth playing in my opinion. Even if I did grind my way to T10 they will most likely be nerfed by the time I get one.

Won't play ships that aren't super OP.  Got it.

[SWTP]
Players
270 posts
5,655 battles
39 minut temu, Hedgehog1963 napisał:

Won't play ships that aren't super OP.  Got it.

I think WG succeded here. An opinion of British DDs being total :etc_swear:  at lower tiers and OP at top tiers = potential of RL money coming from converted elite XP. And everyone knows that we need to hurry, nerf bat waiting(Worcester anyone?).

Players
55 posts
12,026 battles
8 minutes ago, DariusJacek said:

I think WG succeded here. An opinion of British DDs being total :etc_swear:  at lower tiers and OP at top tiers = potential of RL money coming from converted elite XP. And everyone knows that we need to hurry, nerf bat waiting(Worcester anyone?).

I'm dreading dealing with Worcester in British DDs in the mid teirs I'm not that worried about cruisers but the radar ships will be a problem I'm sure 

[GLOBS]
[GLOBS]
Players
50 posts
7,841 battles

the Models look Amazing the artists did a fantastic job there ... but ... for the game they are a little below par in the mid tiers .. the smoke is a little short , the guns hit well, just reload so slowly I have died several times .. and the torpedoes too short on the range and the reload is awful . and the lack of speed is ( when manoeuvring ) is so frustrating .... so please WG what are they good at I have tried everything ??   oh and their concealment is not nice either ... so capping is out until you know all the enemy is far away  . so please give us an idea how these beautiful ships should be played .. or are they just  gorgeous port ornaments ??  

[SWTP]
Players
270 posts
5,655 battles
9 godzin temu, lovelacebeer napisał:

I'm dreading dealing with Worcester in British DDs in the mid teirs I'm not that worried about cruisers but the radar ships will be a problem I'm sure 

Well, like I said Worcester's and Seattle's radars will be nerfed (range will be less than spot). Dealing with radar should be similar to the other DD lines. Yes Brits are slower, but are very maneuverable, acceleration is very good and they are not losing speed in turns as much as the others. I like T6 and T7 and I can't wait for the rest of the line. Dunkirk brothers are ready :cap_rambo:

• Cool 1

Players
174 posts
144 battles

I have a 'consumable' question, a tech tree line consumable ……..

"When, exactly (what date), will we, the players get to 'consume' the whole Brit DD tech tree line?

I want to 'consume' the Brit DD tech tree line.

This 'indefinite' full release (or 'non-release' - you choose) is becoming preposterous.

Release the Brit DD Puppies (low tiers) & real Hounds (high tiers).

I'm beginning to wonder …...

***  "Is  this what the players can now expect on any new 'tech tree line'?"

Players
42 posts
7,916 battles

Like it or not WG, the T5-T7 UK DDs are probably the worst at those tiers in the game. 
What exactly are you supposed to do with a ship with a detection range over 1km more
than it's torp range? Try to tip toe up to the enemy, then shout, "Look behind you!"
THE MAIN advantage DDs have is stealth. SOME of the time. 
Take that away. As with UK DDs and you can do very very little with them IMO. 
Feels like WoT all over again. Russian ships generally the most capable. 
Every other nationality lagging behind.

Players
18 posts

I have the Acasta, Icarus, Jervis  and Cossack. I really like the Jervis and Cossack not so much the other 2.

I do have a 19 point commander which really helps i suppose, they do take a bit of getting used to compared with other DD's but the quick reload on the smoke (premium) means you're only without smoke for 30 seconds.

You do have to be vigilant with regard to radar due to your speed but the aceleration and maneuverability are really good and with concelment expert you have 700 meters to stealth torp in the Jervis, 1km on the Icarus ok its 0km on the Acasta but 4.5km in the Cossack (i know its prem).

the fire chances seem to be pretty good and im ok with the rate of fire although the travese speed isnt too good especialy on the Jervis but overall I'm enjoying them.

Players
9 posts
969 battles

Slow DD's are dead dd's, forcing you to play them like a miniature cruiser, that hides behind an island, due to high arc and painful muzzle velocity, firing shells that will bounce of most other DD's hull, forcing you to rely on your fire setting DoTs, and making  IFHE Mandatory 

Poorly designed and implemented.

[BAD-F]
[BAD-F]
Beta Tester
56 posts
6,257 battles
On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:21 PM, dforce105 said:

Actually although its name belies the truth (the very slow) "lightning" is a great T8 DD, if daring is as good, bring it on

[COSTS]
Players
13 posts
794 battles

Not too sure what the moaning is about.  I'm a noob with barely 300+ games played, and even I can make the RN DD's work sometimes, even in a losing cause:

shot-18.10.16_15.29.31-0644.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
9 posts
1,572 battles

I don't realy mind them getting the hydro, but it would be more sense for all dds got this too.

About the repair party...i am remember this consumable is BB's unique feature in CBT, now a lot of ship have it...now DD's going to get it too,  than how about every ship get it after tier 8, as for BB's they should get a second Damage control party slot after tier 8.

• Cool 1