You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
kenalb

difference in XP

14 comments in this topic

[DDOS]
Players
50 posts
1,363 battles

I have noticed that the Difference in XP price on ships is not the same in the tech tree. like the french richelieu , in tech tree it says 136000XP  to research but when i click on it then price is now  161000XP  why is that?

anyone knows that?

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,403 posts

You also need to research the hull upgrades (not guns, or range finder, or other stuff... just the hulls) of the previous ship. That upgrade is included in the second price.

• Cool 3

Quality Poster
2,953 posts
7,938 battles

Mostly because the tech tree ignores the B-Hull you have to grind through first. Check the XP price on the B-Hull and add it to the 136.000 XP from the tech tree. Should add up to 161.000 XP

• Cool 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,979 posts
4,965 battles
6 minutes ago, kenalb said:

I have noticed that the Difference in XP price on ships is not the same in the tech tree. like the french richelieu , in tech tree it says 136000XP  to research but when i click on it then price is now  161000XP  why is that?

anyone knows that?

How can you not figure that out yourself is the real shocker here...

Also, answered above me.

• Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[JRM]
Players
689 posts
12,322 battles
7 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

You also need to research the hull upgrades (not guns, or range finder, or other stuff... just the hulls) of the previous ship. That upgrade is included in the second price.

Dont you need to research guns on cm or stluis (dont remember now) for next ship in line 

[_MIA_]
Players
2,945 posts
5,366 battles
4 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Dont you need to research guns on cm or stluis (dont remember now) for next ship in line 

There certainly are some ships where you need to research guns or fire control system to advance in the techtree - i think its only there when the techtree splits up ( Cruiser -> DD/BB/Cruiser)

Players
2,903 posts
5,171 battles
27 minutes ago, Juanx said:

How can you not figure that out yourself is the real shocker here...

First of all this but I suspected something else when reading OP: Skipping ships to get "better" ship. Trust me @kenalb you wont get any better result out of any ship. Stay where you are and learn to play the ships. You are doing NOBODY a favour (well, WG gonna like you if you spend $$$ to convert to free XP, but thats about it).

5bc472277ff6b_Screenshot_2018-10-15WoWSStatsNumbersEU-kenalb-Spielerinformationenund-statistiken.thumb.png.ff57d03b35d8a0ea2d7f269f03b9d495.png

• Cool 3

[DDOS]
Players
50 posts
1,363 battles

well thank you for the answers, i didnt know that they took B hull into account, but still it dosent make sence that you have to pay for the B hull twice,  ex.  french tier 8  you pay 161000 for it but you still have to pay for research of  the B hull so why do you have to pay twice for the same thing.  

and @juanx  i didnt know that WG  did this. if i had known i wouldent have asked.

7 hours ago, Egoleter said:

and if i have all the precding upgrades made , i still have to pay for the upgrade,  that is wrong, and serves only greed from WG, ex my Normandie is full upgraded with hull B and everything, so what am i paying for on the Richelieu, since the hull need to researched anyway.  if you are correct i have to pay for the same hull upgrade twice.

[HOME]
Players
586 posts
7,657 battles
10 minutes ago, kenalb said:

and if i have all the precding upgrades made , i still have to pay for the upgrade,  that is wrong, and serves only greed from WG, ex my Normandie is full upgraded with hull B and everything, so what am i paying for on the Richelieu, since the hull need to researched anyway.  if you are correct i have to pay for the same hull upgrade twice.

No just one time. 

Research and buy Lyon, research and buy its hull upgrade(s), research and buy Richeleu. Simple as that.

[TRAV]
[TRAV]
Players
2,403 posts
1 hour ago, kenalb said:

well thank you for the answers, i didnt know that they took B hull into account, but still it dosent make sence that you have to pay for the B hull twice,  ex.  french tier 8  you pay 161000 for it but you still have to pay for research of  the B hull so why do you have to pay twice for the same thing.  

and @juanx  i didnt know that WG  did this. if i had known i wouldent have asked.

You only have to pay the XP for the B-hull if you didn't reasearch it earlier. If it is already researched the price in the techtree and the one you'll have to pay are identical. You'll never have to pay the XP for a researched module twice.

[DDOS]
Players
50 posts
1,363 battles
2 hours ago, Egoleter said:

You only have to pay the XP for the B-hull if you didn't reasearch it earlier. If it is already researched the price in the techtree and the one you'll have to pay are identical. You'll never have to pay the XP for a researched module twice.

i figured it out,  thanks for clearing it up for me

Players
195 posts
4,776 battles
11 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

First of all this but I suspected something else when reading OP: Skipping ships to get "better" ship. Trust me @kenalb you wont get any better result out of any ship. Stay where you are and learn to play the ships. You are doing NOBODY a favour (well, WG gonna like you if you spend $$$ to convert to free XP, but thats about it).

5bc472277ff6b_Screenshot_2018-10-15WoWSStatsNumbersEU-kenalb-Spielerinformationenund-statistiken.thumb.png.ff57d03b35d8a0ea2d7f269f03b9d495.png

He is right Kenalb - I did that and my first 1500 games were a nightmare of n00bitity and Premium Derpship - learn the ships by playing through them without skipping them.... you only end up having to go back and playing them to learn how to play properly anyway .... but with a bad stat history that will dog you for evermore.

edit: If you want to learn 'how to shoot' play cruisers - they will also teach you about armour-angling. Russian line has accurate guns, so you tend to hit when you shoot properly.... once you know you can hit what you are shooting at, go BBs (if you want to go BBs).
If you can't hit reliably then battleships will never be good for you: you don't get enough chances to shoot (slow reload), French higher BBs have fewer gun turrets and you need to learn to fire accurate salvos to take advantage of turning ships etc (so no time to fire one shot to see if you can land the others)
Lyon is a shotgun - so it won't teach you much about shooting tbph... Richy has only 2 turrets - if you can't shoot accurately you will be a hindrance to your team, same for Republique.
You also need to learn/know armour-angling and over-match mechanics - honestly learn in lower tier cruiser first - higher tiers will punish you every time for mistakes.

• Cool 2

[RBMF]
Players
241 posts
5,901 battles

This is how people ruin the game for themselves and others... don't FreeXP to tier 8 when you are clearly new to the game. Learn how to play in the low and mid tiers first otherwise you'll have spent your own money to buy your way into high tiers just to lose a lot and get told off about it in chat. It is not worth spending any money for FreeXP, if you really want to get better at the game and make progress a little faster then use your money to buy premium days and premium camo. At least you'll have the benefit of having more time to learn and yet progressing a little faster.

• Cool 2