Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fonfalks

Conqureror

60 comments in this topic

[UIF]
Players
329 posts
4,621 battles

I have a question for good Conqueror players, how do you utilize that ship in random, solo battles. 

I have tried a few battles in it now and i find that its is something of a glass canon. You can not really tank anything in it, even DD can shave of half of your HP while in smoke with ease, every BB will rip you a new one and cruisers will punish you very hard too. 

So is there really no other way but to sit 20ish km away from battle and snipe? I try to angle as much as i can, etc, but the damage it takes is just too much. 

Players
750 posts
2,967 battles

The thing about Conq is that a lot of people see it as a very big threat and tend to focus it down the second it gets spotted. As for advise im not worthy of giving such info as my stats in her are well......poor as I found out to my amusement the other day :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[TTT]
Players
3,608 posts
7,459 battles
5 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

even DD can shave of half of your HP while in smoke with ease

yes, and then you have the epically hard task of pressing a single button to get all of that back. Boo hoo hoo. :Smile_facepalm:

The trick with the Conqueror is playing it in a way that allows you to get the most out of your heal - and that means not getting focused by too many enemies. One or two are zero trouble since they can't kill you before your next heal (unless you mess up and get AP'd of course). Use your concealment to get where you need to be, play the assassin game with your AP. Conqueror can do so much more than just farm damage on enemy BBs.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 4

[UIF]
Players
329 posts
4,621 battles

After some more battles i find this ship to be very, very bad. 

Lat me explain what i mean by this - it is such a glass canon that to balance its weakness you just have to sit back. Lat me give you example. One cruiser, i think it was Des moines did like 50k damage to me and i still could not kill it at range of something like 12 kms. It put me on fire like 6 times and all i could do to it is miss, miss, miss, miss. I find cannons on Conqueror really horrible, especially if target is low on HP it is like a curse, i can not hit it anymore no matter what. 

Sure, Conqueror can be very good vs BBs at very long range, but lets be realistic what percentage of game is like that? First few minutes? And even then if somebody spots, which is rare. 

Overall it is a big disappointment. 

Players
289 posts
812 battles

you just sit at the back and spam HE in it.

if you want to tank i guess you could opt for a more an secondary tanker and use ap at close ranges but i have no clue since i don't have the ship.

also i heard the 457mm's aren't great so are you using them by any chance?

[UIF]
Players
329 posts
4,621 battles
16 minutes ago, BrigadierRosen said:

you just sit at the back and spam HE in it.

if you want to tank i guess you could opt for a more an secondary tanker and use ap at close ranges but i have no clue since i don't have the ship.

also i heard the 457mm's aren't great so are you using them by any chance?

No i am not using big guns. But yeah, this ship is as useless as it gets. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
973 posts
17,230 battles

i think the assasin picture pretty much hits the nail. with ap as well, but HE is ur dmg essence. the smaller calibre guns, and always with keeping option to go dark. if needed stay so, heal up and back in, but never really close (imo 10-15, better upwards 12km).

if u're safe set the world on fire (different targets for for-and back guns f.e.), watch who dcp's and set back on fire again. late game, thx to doping heal, one can go closer, but also as being said, try to never get focussed.

due to long cd's on dcp and heal i try to play it like a stealthy cruiser.

[UIF]
Players
329 posts
4,621 battles

After 20 battles average damage 100k won 35% of battles. 

This is beyond absurd. It seriously feels like this ship gets worst MM that WG can throw at person. Teams i have seen while playing Conqueror have been some of the worst teams i have seen and i have been playing since beta. Losing 100 to 1000 constantly. WTF?!

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Bad 1

[TTT]
Players
3,608 posts
7,459 battles

...so, what's the point of this thread if you're just gonna continue whining instead of at least reading the advice you get?

40 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

After 20 battles average damage 100k won 35% of battles. 

about in line with what I'd expect you to score in the context of your other ships (not the winrate, but that's simply a small numbers problem)

41 minutes ago, Fonfalks said:

This is beyond absurd. It seriously feels like this ship gets worst MM that WG can throw at person. Teams i have seen while playing Conqueror have been some of the worst teams i have seen and i have been playing since beta. Losing 100 to 1000 constantly. WTF?!

uh huh, clearly the ship's fault innit? :Smile_sceptic: can't possibly have anything to do with low sample size and it being weekend...

• Cool 1

Players
87 posts
5,493 battles

Surely it's played the same as any other BB? From what I've seen this involves:

Sailing either to the back of the map, pinging other players, cursing them in chat for not supporting you and then getting salty when someone asks you to do something useful.

Or sailing alone to the cap everyone else has decided in chat that they're not pushing, spam HE into close range broadsides, get focused down, die and rage in chat while using up your daily supply of reports. 

• Funny 7

Players
203 posts
6 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

I have a question for good Conqueror players, how do you utilize that ship in random, solo battles. 

I have tried a few battles in it now and i find that its is something of a glass canon. You can not really tank anything in it, even DD can shave of half of your HP while in smoke with ease, every BB will rip you a new one and cruisers will punish you very hard too. 

So is there really no other way but to sit 20ish km away from battle and snipe? I try to angle as much as i can, etc, but the damage it takes is just too much. 

It can tank plenty of damage but not from multiple sources and it is VERY susceptible to HE, so you do have to play it in a second line formation. 

If you are 16km away from your target you’re more than safe to angle the Conqueror so that all four turrets can fire at one target and take almost no damage from AP. However you can and will be raped by HE spam, so although it’s nice to set two fires on a BB, let him extinguish and then set two more fires on him with his second salvo: I make my priority targets the enemy cruisers as those are the things that will kill you.

Players
1,423 posts
10,102 battles

Only really played in Ranked games and not with the greatest succes.

That said, RN battleships weave in and out of combat (heal up) then back into the fray and out (heal up)

AP is unreliable outside 12 km, so HE is just the better option.

Play it like a MegaZao - support DDs from close up, since losing them means getting permaspotted. 

Dont shoot untill you are kiting away. Use stealth if you have to push, untill you reach a good position.

Dont bother bow-tank as other BBs, better just turn away and heal whatever you can, then spam HE while retreating.

[I401]
Beta Tester
844 posts
7,479 battles

You dont have to overcomplicate it, use it like any other BB, its the best one disengaging because of the OP concealment.

Thats it, enjoy the 13k salvos with 2 fires on the bow tanking Yamatos.

05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg?quality6NfmQ.jpg

[5D]
Players
390 posts
19,713 battles

unpopular opinion here but i honestly think conq is the worst tier 10 BB. as in it cannot carry some games like say a monty or yamato could. also i find the ship incredibly boring to play.

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,068 posts
14,084 battles
13 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

are u using heal flag?

Players
790 posts
6,871 battles

Here's my approach to her (120 games, 62.5% WR).

Her assets are not only the famous HE, but also exceptional concealment and quite reliable AP.

What you should be doing is fully utilize that 11.8 km concealment. The 10-15 km bracket is where you should be sneaking up to. You should then thoughtfully use both AP and HE. From 10-12 km, your 12x 419mm AP will ABSOLUTELY MURDER any cruiser that shows you broadside -- and they will, because every so often they won't even see you coming.

The challenge is staying alive. You have a great heal, but the cooldown is long, and this is your vulnerability. You should be mindful of escape routes to get just within concealment for 30-60 s when need be, should you need time to heal. But again, your concealment is exceptional, so you should be able to play close while keeping these options open.

You ALSO have have that long-range HE spam as a fallback option -- and it should be treated as such, a fallback option. Even HE salvos at angled targets become more effective at <15 km, because you hit with 6-9 shells instead of 4, and deal 10k+ upfront damage even before the fires.

• Cool 1

[HEROZ]
Players
600 posts
5,869 battles
8 hours ago, Captain_KriegWurst said:

Surely it's played the same as any other BB? From what I've seen this involves:

Sailing either to the back of the map, pinging other players, cursing them in chat for not supporting you and then getting salty when someone asks you to do something useful.

Or sailing alone to the cap everyone else has decided in chat that they're not pushing, spam HE into close range broadsides, get focused down, die and rage in chat while using up your daily supply of reports. 

Thats... Pretty accurate actually...

• Funny 1

[POI--]
Players
3,196 posts
4,348 battles

Ah, I see OP has found a new ship to whine about after faling to grasp how to play it properly. And no amount of arguing will convince them that it is not the ship's fault. Honestly, why do you bother creating these threads if you don't give a f**k about other opinions and why do people bother responding?

• Bad 1

[UNICS]
[UNICS]
Players
1,068 posts
14,084 battles

each time i read about about the conq 11.8 concealment , infamous HE... i cringe

• Funny 1

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
16 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

This is a ship that has tools to fight any class of ships.

epic HE for fighting angled BBS - there are no better BB (except cv) killer than Conqueror - you keep range and burn them

very very veeery solid AP (yes you must use AP on this ship) + low detection to ambush cruisers with 12 AP salvos from under 15 KM

DEFENCE - stealth + zombie heal = grinding drednought and fireproof flags

OFFENCE - HE  AP = grinding all dmg related flags :)

strongest ship in game.

just pls pls dont sit 20 km behind your priority targets are still:

DDS - CRUISERS - BBs

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
4,571 posts
4,788 battles
16 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

Lat me explain what i mean by this - it is such a glass canon that to balance its weakness you just have to sit back. Lat me give you example. One cruiser, i think it was Des moines did like 50k damage to me and i still could not kill it at range of something like 12 kms. It put me on fire like 6 times and all i could do to it is miss, miss, miss, miss. I find cannons on Conqueror really horrible, especially if target is low on HP it is like a curse, i can not hit it anymore no matter what. 

Sure, Conqueror can be very good vs BBs at very long range, but lets be realistic what percentage of game is like that? First few minutes? And even then if somebody spots, which is rare. 

It is bad but not for the reason you mentioned. It is posspoor game design (low-skill/effort- high-reward) and promotes the worst possible game style (camping in the back shooting HE and cloak when problems arise).

Honestly the best thing WG could so is pull the line from the game entirely and start from scratch using Warspite as a starting point 

• Cool 2

[JRM]
Players
689 posts
12,322 battles

Well all things considered what would be your solution for getting he spammed to death other then running away? I am really curious, seriously...

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
17 hours ago, Fonfalks said:

it is not ships problem, your PR in all BBs is bad, in highest played BB you are barely 50 % WR, 1100 PR....you are just not ready to play t10 ships.if you miss-miss-miss sitting duck as DM from 12 km it is definitivly nots 12guns ships problem. you should devastate him with AP of set him 12 times on fire, than press heal and got 50k heal back

sorry that is only truth here

Izrezak.PNG

• Cool 1

[-GG-]
Players
140 posts
9,884 battles

Monster concealment, monster HE, monster heal ... how to utilize it ? IDK :cap_fainting:

[DIKI]
Players
802 posts
295 battles
31 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Well all things considered what would be your solution for getting he spammed to death other then running away? I am really curious, seriously...

Multiple opponents = Fire, stealth fire stealth,fire stealth....heal..... target dead..repeat.....drednought....healed 100k dmg....all 3 enemies dead

or 1vs1 nobody can win over conqueror.

it is that easy

Sign in to follow this