Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
El_Gran_Capitan

Wargaming No quiere que se sepa. (3 Parte)

11 comments in this topic

Players
15 posts
11,081 battles

SINO SABEIS ESPAÑOL, YA SABEIS LO QUE TENEIS QUE HACER, EMPEZAR A TRADUCIR.

Tanto dice que wargaming que quiere limpiar el juego de jugadores que usan mods ilegales, y por las mas de 100 advertencias que se les hacen. Siguen haciendo caso omiso de ello.  Hay os va una lista de estos jugadores que aun siguen jugando y de los cuales algunos por Favoritismo, por que se gastan dinero ó son amigos de los contributos NO son sancionados.

GodF0rgive

Giuseppe_Rizzo_D_Antoni

Malhoon

TaskForceCDB

edeggg

Technobox

Weezl

Szpecnyaz

MrTyreseLongEar

Im_not_a_pro

Guy_Vervier

Rayko

Bismarck789

PokerBilly

HannOver1986

bomnacimulayim_2015

lysy554

Outlawben

Acorias

DojsenZ_NL

Ando_Bango

St0rm1941

dukes1976

JKA1976

V66r4s

Shoot_Him

Lynxas6

Obihoerchen

Ziko_warrior

Venon38480

MURDOCK_ARQ

Ni que decir tiene que algunos de esta lista fueron notificados a Wargaming, y por lo que se ve, siguen haciendo oidos sordos.

RECORDAR AL PERSONAL DE WARGAMING QUE TODOS ACEPTAMOS UNAS NORMAS PARA PODER JUGAR EN UN JUEGO LIMPIO, PERO QUE POR PARTE DE DICHA EMPRESA NO CUMPLE SUS PROPIAS NORMAS. MINTIENDO, ENGAÑANDO AL RESTO LLEGANDO A COMENTAR QUE SE A RELIZADO LIMPIEZA E ESTE TIPO DE JUGADORES, CUANDO EN REALIDAD SOLO HICIERON LIMPIEZA DE CUENTAS OBSOLETAS.

NI QUE DECIR TIENE QUE VUESTRO SISTEMA DE LOCALIZACION DE ESTE TIPO DE JUGADORES ES BASTANTE OBSOLETO.

ESO SI, AHORA PODEIS HACER BIEN VUESTRO TRABAJO Y BANEARME QUE ES LO UNICO BIEN QUE HACEIS.

SALU2

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles

I know the spanish language section has been iced, you're not going to get much sympathy if you just go ahead and refuse to write in english in the english section. Most people won't understand you, and less people will care if you can't be bothered to communicate to them in the appropriate language.

And if this is just a writing in protest, that's a pretty childish approach because for one your audience isn't the general forum userbase (least of all those who frequent the english speaking section, duh) and WG would be just as little inclined to listen to you if they have trouble understanding you plus you giving off the vibe of just stomping your feet.

... any misunderstandings and/or misinterpretations of intent that my response may have would just go on to prove my point here (what little spanish I learned is rusted and I didn't bother with Google translate for obvious reasons).

In that regard, habla ingles?

Beta Tester
4,994 posts
2,939 battles

naming&shaming isn't allowed. And I doubt there's favoritism regarding illegal mod usage or cheat.

Also :

Què ?

22 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I didn't bother with Google translate for obvious reasons

What are your reasons ?

Just curious. I can think of one good reason why you wouldn't bother, but it's not necessarly obvious you're thinking of that one.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles
6 minutes ago, LastButterfly said:

What are your reasons ?

Mostly because Google translate is hilariously bad at translating anything more than a single sentence (which means a lot of context gets lost in bad translations). Plus if TO couldn't be bothered to at least meet people halfway and write in english in the english language forum, then I'm not going to waste effort trying to feed Google translate his post in bits in hopes of getting a halfway corrrect translation.

Beta Tester
4,994 posts
2,939 battles
Just now, Aotearas said:

Mostly because Google translate is hilariously bad at translating anything more than a single sentence (which means a lot of context gets lost in bad translations).

It's hilarious but it's not that bad if you know how to use it. Google translate loses itself within the grammar and sometimes fails to translates correctly words that have multiple meanings. It's not a good tool to learn or translate in detail.

However, when it comes to understanding the meaning, or even specific parts of a text, it's incredibly powerful.

I mean, I don't speak a word of spanish (appart from Què) and I was able to understand in point... rather well, and not only in general.

I noticed that when I started dwelling the internet for obscure papership designs. Most of the details can only be found in sources that are of the same language as the nation they come from. As such, despite only speaking two languages, if I wanted to gather all the infos I wanted, I had no choice but to explore websites in japanese, russian, portuguese, dutch, spanish, swedish, german, greek and god knows what else.

Had google translate not been there, all these sources would have been unavailable to me. You might answer that I could have learnt the languages, but while it's true for one or two, I certainly would have had a hard time learning all 8 and more of them without counting in decades.

I understand all the hate and fun poked at google translate, but the fact stands : back when this tool (and the likes) didn't exist, there was absolutely no way or quickly understanding a text in a foreign language other than translating it word by word with a dictionnary which takes ages. Now that such tools exist, no matter how badly inaccurate they may be, it's possible, and despite the fact that they're far from perfect, that's a HUGE progress for international communication and data gathering.

So yeah, when people say "I don't use google translate cause it's bad at translating" I get pissed. Sure, it's bad at its job, but until you speak the language, it's better than you, and considering how incredibly powerful the tool can be when employed right, it's a bit infuriating to think that someone actually managed to devellop it so that it can convey the meaning, at least generally, beyond the language barrier, only to be laughed at because it's "not good enough" by people who, usually, don't even bother learning foreign languages (not that I'm saying this last sentence applies to you, this is more of a general feeling, but even if you speak 17 languages, google translate can still creat a way of communicating where there used to be none in the few others you don't know)

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles
3 minutes ago, LastButterfly said:

It's hilarious but it's not that bad if you know how to use it.

I know how and when to use it, I just wasn't going to go for the effort in this case as I had noted.

Beta Tester
4,994 posts
2,939 battles
8 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I just wasn't going to go for the effort in this case as I had noted.

My apologies, but I cannot comment on something you note only if you note it via an edit after I have answered.

Besides that :

27 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Plus if TO couldn't be bothered to at least meet people halfway and write in english in the english language forum, then I'm not going to waste effort

This is the one logical and (for me) acceptable reason not to bother trying to translate his message.

But saying it's solely because google translate is bad, is not.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles
18 minutes ago, LastButterfly said:

My apologies, but I cannot comment on something you note only if you note it via an edit after I have answered.

I had edited it pretty much right after the original comment got posted and thus a good while before you ultimately posted yours as you no doubt spent a good while writing your response, though you'd obviously never catch that without refreshing the page.

Also for what it's worth my judgement on Google Translate's bad performance is mostly born from me taking a very academic perspective (as someone who is in fact currently studying to learn another langage in earnest) and thus even whilst Google Translate is just good enough to get the overall gist (if you don't throw too much at it, hence sequencing the translation effort if necessary), it is entirely unservicable for anything I'd ever use it for.

Plus it's gotten a bit of a meme/cautionary tale in language courses on our university where lecturers give people small texts to translate with a questionaire that they very much know (and tested) that Google Translate can't get the details right so anyone who tries to save time and effort falls flat on their nose. Makes for some pretty funny anecdotes though and our profs take perverse pleasure in refining those texts and questionaires with each year.

Beta Tester
4,994 posts
2,939 battles
22 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I had edited it pretty much right after the original comment got posted and thus a good while before you ultimately posted yours as you no doubt spent a good while writing your response, though you'd obviously never catch that without refreshing the page.

You have answered your own problem. The editor does not save what you write every second and thus you couldn't expect to refresh the page eleven times while writing. While I can understand that you'd tell me I should always refresh before posting, I can also tell you that you should not post a message which isn't entirely written and expect readers to wait for an edit that they cannot even guess you intend to do.

Also :

24 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

it is entirely unservicable for anything I'd ever use it for.

I am curious regarding what you're referring to. After all, as far as I know, the only domain in which google translate would be entirely and utterly useless would be... litterature itself.

25 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Plus it's gotten a bit of a meme/cautionary tale in language courses on our university where lecturers give people small texts to translate with a questionaire that they very much know (and tested) that Google Translate can't get the details right so anyone who tries to save time and effort falls flat on their nose. Makes for some pretty funny anecdotes though and our profs take perverse pleasure in refining those texts and questionaires with each year.

But this is no reason to laugh at the practicability and power of the tool, no matter how horrible the actual, literary result is.

Naturally people who are focused on the exactitude of a language would do so, yet this is forgetting language, before being pretty and detailed, is a mean of communication to convey general ideas and information. And if in specific, technical, or highly important or cirtical contexts, a translator akin to google translate would cause more harm than anything else, a context where the point is simply to converse, exchange general opinions, or simply share general facts or points - which is the one context on a forum, and to some extent the context for the whole internet, which basically transmit general information around, there, th tool becomes incredible when in the right hand.

But obviously, if you're camping on an academic point of view, there's not much else to be said about google translate.

[SCRUB]
Players
6,948 posts
9,129 battles
25 minutes ago, LastButterfly said:

You have answered your own problem.

I know and that was on purpose ...

While I can understand that you'd tell me I should always refresh before posting, I can also tell you that you should not post a message which isn't entirely written and expect readers to wait for an edit that they cannot even guess you intend to do.

That's not what I meant at all. I was merely explaining where that edit came from and that I hadn't put it up after your response to try and trip you up over the poinr.

But this is no reason to laugh at the practicability and power of the tool, no matter how horrible the actual, literary result is.

And I'm not laughing at the practicality of the tool, but PRECISELY because of the literal results I get. Big difference here!

But seeing as you're awfully confrontantive in your defense over something that was mentioned in stride and quite evidently not intended as a fully self-explanatory functionality review, I'll just continue to camp on my point of view and be on my way.

Moderators
55 posts
1,215 battles

Hello, 

this thread has been locked due to not being in the correct language.

Thank you for understanding