You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HotshotJimmy

Consumables and AA not working

15 comments in this topic

[-5D2-]
Players
491 posts
3,224 battles

Good evening all,

I just quit a match with the HMS Hood where my defensive fire consumable (Y) and AA in general would not work. Now I am aware of the P button that can switch AA and seconadries off but this was not the issue. I have logged a ticket with WG but I wasn't recording the match. So my question is has anyone come across this bug with any of their ships? Basically a consumable not working even though you are pressing the corresponding key and/or guns of some sort not working? Because of this bug I was an easy target for the carrier once he realised I was defenseless. I am well aware of the old bug making guns useless whereby no matter how many times you click you cannot fire but I though this had been fixed. If it is making a comeback they better patch it quick.

Kind regards,

Hj

[POI--]
Players
3,172 posts
4,314 battles

That's an issue with Hood. The defAA only affects the rockets(which get an insane x25 multiplier), but for one, these rockets are very short ranged and also, they have almost no hp. Get hit by an HE shell and they die. Hood often will lose all its rocket AA and then the defAA is useless. Hood's remaining AA is pretty bad too.

Players
2,837 posts
5,130 battles
9 minutes ago, HotshotJimmy said:

So my question is has anyone come across this bug with any of their ships? Basically a consumable not working even though you are pressing the corresponding key and/or guns of some sort not working? Because of this bug I was an easy target for the carrier once he realised I was defenseless.

What do you mean by "not working"? is it a) what @Riselotte said or b) that the consumable doesnt activate at all aka the counter in the bottom doesnt start? Because if its A) you can check during the game, how much AA you have left by pressing "H". And its very possible to lose most of your AA with some ships, Then the Def AA consumble is in fact pretty much useless.

[-5D2-]
Players
491 posts
3,224 battles
On 10/14/2018 at 5:30 PM, Riselotte said:

That's an issue with Hood. The defAA only affects the rockets(which get an insane x25 multiplier), but for one, these rockets are very short ranged and also, they have almost no hp. Get hit by an HE shell and they die. Hood often will lose all its rocket AA and then the defAA is useless. Hood's remaining AA is pretty bad too.

So if you have no weapons that are affected by a consumable that consumable cannot be activated at all? As in you press it again and again but nothing happens?

On 10/14/2018 at 5:38 PM, ForlornSailor said:

What do you mean by "not working"? is it a) what @Riselotte said or b) that the consumable doesnt activate at all aka the counter in the bottom doesnt start? Because if its A) you can check during the game, how much AA you have left by pressing "H". And its very possible to lose most of your AA with some ships, Then the Def AA consumble is in fact pretty much useless.

Well B, no matter how many times I pressed the Y key the consumable would not activate (ie timer, initiate sound etc).

[-5D2-]
Players
491 posts
3,224 battles

And just to add insult to injury I exited the game so now I can't check the detailed match analysis to see if all my AA modules had been destroyed or not...dam.

Players
2,837 posts
5,130 battles
1 minute ago, HotshotJimmy said:

Well B, no matter how many times I pressed the Y key the consumable would not activate (ie timer, initiate sound etc).

It might be possible, that the keyboard layout changed during the game. It actually happens pretty easy in wows. So when it changes to a "QWERTZ" setup, your "Y" actually becomes a "Z". Naturally, it wont activate then. Im speaking of experiance, happened to me quite a few times. I then deactivated the shortcut in windows for changing the keyboard layout.

[KG_CZ]
Beta Tester
48 posts
5,877 battles

Try holding Ctrl + click with mouse on icon of consumanble. Quick work around to keyboard troubles.

[POI--]
Players
3,172 posts
4,314 battles
46 minutes ago, HotshotJimmy said:

So if you have no weapons that are affected by a consumable that consumable cannot be activated at all? As in you press it again and again but nothing happens?

Yes. Same as Damage Control if you got nothing to repair.

[5D]
Players
379 posts
19,606 battles

The hoods rockets get destroyed very easily so I would say its almost definitely because you had no rockets left to activate def AA fof

• Cool 1

[BFS]
Beta Tester
745 posts
4,562 battles

Do you have a replay file - some people may be able to spot if your AA is taken out.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,307 posts
13,551 battles
12 hours ago, HotshotJimmy said:

Ok all thanks for the replies. I'll keep an eye on it ^^

You could also try mounting ->

Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 instead of the Main Armaments Mod 1 into the first upgrade slot.

On your Hood, it should increase the survivability of those AA mounts by +100%.:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,662 posts
13,098 battles
6 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

You could also try mounting ->

Auxiliary Armaments Modification 1 instead of the Main Armaments Mod 1 into the first upgrade slot.

On your Hood, it should increase the survivability of those AA mounts by +100%.:cap_like:

Don't.

AA mounts have incredibly low HP values. Doubling that still means they're gonna get oneshot by any HE shell that hits them.

It has been proven in testing that the upgrade is worthless when it comes to AA survivability.

• Cool 2

[ONE2]
Players
2,307 posts
13,551 battles
28 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Don't.

AA mounts have incredibly low HP values. Doubling that still means they're gonna get oneshot by any HE shell that hits them.

It has been proven in testing that the upgrade is worthless when it comes to AA survivability.

Oh well, there goes that theory down the drain then...:Smile_amazed::Smile_smile:

[-5D2-]
Players
491 posts
3,224 battles

Na no replays so I am betting that was it. Oh well at least I know for next time :cap_rambo: