You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Dear WG: Thank you for the RN Directives concept - IMHO it is great way to do special missions in WoWs!

17 comments in this topic

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,979 posts
4,965 battles
14 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Dear WG: Thank you for the RN Directives concept - IMHO it is great way to do special missions in WoWs!

It lasts a doable amount of time (1 week), it can be done with various ship types and it can be done in various battle types! :Smile_great:

I would really really like to see this concept used in other events as well - please do it! :Smile_smile:

Leo "Apollo11"

Yup, people sure is enjoying the 5 RN DD per side/game, in fact they are posting about it too.

I would rather have them think about the events, even a little bit, so they avoid making the same mistakes over and over again, altho Im beyond bored with their antics...

Players
105 posts
1,667 battles

The mission concepts are very well done and achieve the goal of getting players in battles without frustrating those who don't want to play every day because they will otherwise miss the event rewards.

Of course there will be an effect on MM but this happens with every new line, especially a popular one like this.

Players
55 posts
1,111 battles
Vor 2 Stunden, Juanx sagte:

Yup, people sure is enjoying the 5 RN DD per side/game, in fact they are posting about it too.

I would rather have them think about the events, even a little bit, so they avoid making the same mistakes over and over again, altho Im beyond bored with their antics...

Yes, this weekend has been pure [censored] with 5 DDs in 90% of all games. And, of course, most of these new RN DDs are played by complete ultrapotatoes, getting killed within seconds so that most matches were basically decided after 3 minutes. Sadly, mostly on my teams.

Should not be surprised.

But surprisingly enough, I fell victim to my erroneous belief that the next game would be better time after time after time.

• Boring 2

Players
761 posts
6,661 battles

I've enjoyed it, got a good ship (Gallant) and plenty of other decent rewards. I like the manageable marathon format.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,862 posts
20,842 battles

One excellent thing is that you do not have to have the missions selected as in the campaings, just when you unlock the next stage all is there for grabs, saves time and frustration as the time is short.

The rewards are fine, just for playing, sure the RN missions are making the line-ups as they are but not to a irritating degree, all new lines will do that and probably this method improves it a lot, and after all there are so many lines right know so it will be less the more game matures , German BBs anyone? 12 vs 12 Nassaus , well some of it may we see when the line is released but the low tiers are so quickly even if you do not use elite XP, I have now 180K on my Lighting so I am ready for the T9. T2-4 I will ofc get also.

[BYOB]
Players
2,722 posts
9,874 battles

Loved the event, especially how it shafted so many players by:

-Having 24% of the directive missions locked behind a ship requirement.

-The ship drop rate to fulfill the said requirement being incredibly low.

-The associated premium boxes having a low drop rate too, not providing any guarantees to paying customers.

-Not giving the players a chance to finish locked missions retroactively, by removing them every week.

-Having a weekly after event based on farming kills and not playing the objective.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,608 posts
6,688 battles

This has been a very good event.  My signal flags are abundant and I'll be using the UJ camos for months to come.  Also I got a leg up on the RN DD line.

Players
8 posts
1,438 battles

It hasn’t been as bad (or confusing) as I’d feared. I like that I can flip between co-op and random to get things done.

But my main beefs echo a previous post that a lot of it is locked behind having a T5+ RN DD, which isn’t very helpful when their appearences in containers is somewhat lacking. I purchased Gallant just as it all started, which turned out to be quite useful. So far only got 1 DD, which is Icarus, so not great as all those T7 missions mock me...

Players
411 posts
7,066 battles

Every time you open the RN screen you have to click several times to get past those RN advertising screens. 

The chance to get a RN DD is way too low despite the number of british DD's I see in games.

In conclusion: I hate this RN event so far because I feel left out.

Players
686 posts
7,950 battles

Maybe the guy who designed this actually had his brain turned to the on position?

Got my Acasta and Jervis, had the Gallant already from a Christmas SC, so all in all very satisfied.

[YEEET]
Players
1,161 posts
10,856 battles

Enjoyed this a lot - missions that are always possible, reasonable rewards - and have three nice new DDs in port - wouldn't say no to the last one though!! Well played WG!

[HAERT]
Players
2,039 posts

The mission approach has been fine and reasonable to complete in many game modes, worked very well. Although some missions locked behind a paywall/RNG luck element sucked.

The container RNG on getting DD missions on the other hand has been extremely irritating. 

• Cool 1

Players
433 posts
4,816 battles
8 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

The container RNG on getting DD missions on the other hand has been extremely irritating. 

this at most !!

I have open from all directive all days plus 9 from hall of fame and get only Acasta and some of my members finish like 6-8 directive and got 3-4 of mission 

Quality Poster
2,953 posts
7,938 battles
14 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Loved the event, especially how it shafted so many players by:

-Having 24% of the directive missions locked behind a ship requirement.

-The ship drop rate to fulfill the said requirement being incredibly low.

-The associated premium boxes having a low drop rate too, not providing any guarantees to paying customers.

-Not giving the players a chance to finish locked missions retroactively, by removing them every week.

-Having a weekly after event based on farming kills and not playing the objective.

While that is indeed true, the basic concept of the direcitves (coupled with the difficulty of the missions in them) were kinda refreshing.

For the sake of the argument: Let's assume you have a directive chain without any RNG based ship mission drops from containers (and the paywall - if at all - only for a set premium ship, e.g. one Cossack mission per week/directive). Then I'd say the only downside of this concept is, that you can't finish directives from previous weeks.

Apart from that: Great design imho. You don't have to be online daily and can fulfill the missions by playing normal within one or two hours (so rouhgly over a complete weekend it should be possible for a casual player).

However, thanks to the points you brought up, this event still does leave a bad taste in many mouths. Shame ...

[JRM]
Players
689 posts
12,322 battles

Well I like it also I hot all 4 dds that could drop as well as gallant and bert dunkirk even have few sovereigns left for camos and such