Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gnirf

Coop vs Random RN missions etc Have you increased Coop play

37 comments in this topic

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,819 battles

Coop vs Randoms:

I have increased my coop play a lot during the RN missions, I barely touched it before but now I have played it a lot ( I also grind CVs in coop but that is purely out of saving other players, and myself from pain).

During the 4 mission days I played it because it was very effective timewise , when the Hall of Fame grind it becomes more random again, especially with the fine points for achievements even the normal not heroic ones.

But points vs/time coop is not that bad, it is worse but when you feel the stars do not align in a few random losses with a few point for a enemy ship, it may feel good to play coop.

Naturally the XP related missions is poor and those you play randoms but I have found that I have really tried to max points vs effort.

One reason is also that I went dry of eliteXP during f.e. my Harugumo/Kitakaz grind, which followed the US light cruiser grind, those 14 p cost so I have grinded 10 p for my RN DDs in coop while playing 19 points ships also.

As I keep all ships I need many captains, 9 RN in this case.

The 15 win part of the legendary module grind is also effective in coop.

Have you also increased your coop play?

Thoughts from other players appriciated 

• Cool 4

[HAERT]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
1,889 posts

For some I went to co-op (since I’m not the best gunboat DD player).

• Cool 3

[_MIA_]
Players
2,929 posts
5,358 battles

Yes. Some missions are just easier done in coop. And since we have those daily mission chains, i usually play 2-3 matches Coop for the first 2 stages, because its just faster.

Imo would be great if ppl would grind those stupid missions (potential damage in RN DDs) in coop to spare their team from the idiotic playstyle (trying to get shot at :Smile_facepalm:).

• Cool 4

[HMSR]
Players
1,645 posts
5,871 battles

I took a litle brake from Randoms, and am doing the RN event soely in coop. :Smile_bajan2:

• Cool 2

[MORSE]
Players
243 posts
601 battles

I did attempt to do missions in co-op. The problem I ran into is that for spotting damage, nagato in pvp for whatever reason trumps in that department(running around in Acasta both in pvp and pve gets balls for spotting damage, no mater what I do and spammming f3. On the other hand 50 000 or even 100 000 spotting damage in nagato is not that uncommon just by doing what I usually do. Pagoda mast FTW?) 

otherwise mostly going well in co-op in general(for xp and credits missions PVP still trumps all, even when you go into full potato)

• Cool 2

[DONGS]
Players
385 posts
8,184 battles

Yes I have too, safer bet when getting potential damage or spotting in RN DD's, makes for a less frenetic approach to grinding RN missions and only dropping into other modes for base xp when needed. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 3

[CPC]
[CPC]
Quality Poster
2,080 posts
3,758 battles

I did almost all the missions in Coop, it was way more time efficient. I just played in random to finish the missions about base XP and credits the mondays and tuesdays before the new missions arrive.

• Cool 3

[BFS]
Beta Tester
760 posts
4,585 battles

No, I've done all the missions in random.   I've not changed my playstyle to achieve the missions either which may mean that it takes me longer to get those achievements.   I know many players have complained that some DDs have essentially suicided in order to get the 'potential damage' achievements  - it's supposed to be potential damage and not actual damage taken.   If I've been playing any DD other than an IJN one you tend to be spotted frequently and maneouver to avoid the shots.  Even an IJN DD gets spotted and targeted though.

Co-op does not give much in the way of XP and credits compared to randoms.

If I ever started to play CVs (I did try it in the beta but didn't like it) I'd play some co-op games then.

• Cool 1

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
418 posts
7,632 battles

>coop for doing missions

unless it's xp/credits grind it's ok

>grinding trees in coop

just potato your way in randoms, you'll be done several times faster

• Cool 3

[RONIN]
[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,552 posts
5,519 battles

Only time I've used Co-op for them is because mate needed some plane kills so I took a CV for him as the bot CV tries attacking atlantas

• Cool 1

[PMI]
[PMI]
Players
1,979 posts
4,964 battles

I only play coop now, so, that.

• Cool 1

Players
402 posts
5,843 battles

Nope, all T9/T10 pan asian DDs so I could get my new emblem. I pretty much completed all of the daily missions within 4 hours without paying any attention to them so it's not like they are hard. 

• Cool 1

Players
2,889 posts
5,163 battles
3 hours ago, Gnirf said:

Have you also increased your coop play?

Absolutly.

3 hours ago, Gnirf said:

The 15 win part of the legendary module grind is also effective in coop.

Exactly. The easiest part of the LM grind :)

• Cool 1

[WCWVE]
Players
670 posts
10,889 battles

Normal play and some arms race battles but not Co-op

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
455 posts
5,682 battles

I honestly didn't think of coop as an alternative. I do my missions just by playing.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,861 posts
20,819 battles

Thank you all for your answers, it seems that some players have done like me, Yes I know that you get them in random as well, but my aim has also to be in the Hall of fame as soon as possible on saturday morning, and my working days are sometimes limited in time so I have really tried to to them in coop if it is faster.

Agree with Xevious_Red the CV have been used a lot - also fine in torp/citadel missions not only plane kills. 

Players
8 posts
1,438 battles

Yeah, there’s no way I could get most things done in random. So co-op is a fairly quick, easy way to do so. Though for the XP and credits stuff it’s back to random to stock up.

Beta Tester
3,674 posts
12,847 battles

With a - still - 98.78% winrate in CoOp I know exactly which mission will be easier to do in CoOp than in random. With the bots as enemies there's few surprises. And even when 50% of my own team are such potatoes, that they even manage to get dominated by WGs CoOp bots, I usually can pull off the stunt of a) getting a victory and b) do the mission...

So yeah, definately CoOp for some missions... better for my nervous system :cap_cool:

Players
75 posts
3,154 battles

Much less stressful (& fairer to your team) to do it in co-op.

Also if wins are required, co-op is much more reliable for that.

• Cool 1

Players
674 posts
7,950 battles

I had never even thought of going through Co-op and every RN mission I have completed has been through random. I will say, however, that I have not in any way changed the way I play each game and I try to reach all my goals playing a team game... I have a great co-op WR but my previous experience with how the bots play has put me off.. So far so good.

[JRM]
Players
684 posts
12,322 battles

Not really I always used to do some grinds in coop (when possible) so not mich change there

Beta Tester
30 posts

I did the really stupid missions like get 1500000 potential damage in RN DD in coop because I could just sail near the enemy boats like an idiot and just dodge their shells without ruining anyone's game.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this