Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
The_EURL_Guy

How It Works: Shell Dispersion - Discussion Thread

7 comments in this topic

[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Players
1,771 posts
24,812 battles

I must turn off alert for Announcement threads now. :etc_red_button: 

• Cool 1

[WOWS]
Players
171 posts
11,396 battles

2 note:
-When a 2 barrel turret shoots a bow in ship, and after crossing path, the shells landing wide as a ship-lenght that is not fun.
-I am hatefull about 3 aspect of this mechanism:
    -You can not fix the camera to one turret until you change your mind: no, the C shifts turret groups, until you zoom out, after that, you always zoom into the further-from-enemy turet. Not cool!

-If i am zeroing onto a ship, and shoot, the other turret's shells are always crossing the path of the "cam-turret", before reaching the target... Good luck aiming well!
    -Broadside ships always gets priority when rotating to a new group: 100khp bb broadside, vs 100hp running cruiser? Yeah i want to shoot the untouched BB for sure!!

[LEWD]
[LEWD]
Players
6 posts
15,061 battles

Spend time carefully lining up the shot,u check distance, shell travel time, ship angle ...then I fire and hit every part of the map bar the target ...I understand that its sort of needed but it can drive u abit bat crap especially when that shot is the difference between killing them or taking a face full of torps .Of late though I have noticed some very strange dispersion firing at ships and the shell land looking like u fired without even targeting them some salvos just dumping strait into the water in front or going long on obviously parked reversing ships.

[CHN-P]
[CHN-P]
Players
5 posts
6,164 battles

shouldn't that be  "lower sigma value = more accurate" if the "sigma" means the sigma in Gauss distribution as WG said in the video?